5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Another word for 'calories'
- saturated fats
- T/F: no single food provides all needed nutrients
- Nutrients that contain no calories
- Percentage of daily calories from carbohydrates
- a 50%-65%
- b 'energy'
- c Vitamins, minerals, water
- d false
- e -solid at room temperature, comes from animal fats
5 Multiple choice questions
- - a short term supply of energy (sugars)
-liquid at room temperature, comes from vegetable fats
5 True/False questions
Factors that influence caloric needs → Carbs, fats, proteins
what is the "Recommended Dietary Allowances" (RDA) → guidelines to follow to get the proper amount of vitamins, minerals, and calories to stay healthy based on sex, age, physical activity, etc.
Functions of fats → -insulates body to help conserve heat
-surrounds and cushions vital organs to protect from injury
-satisfies hunger, takes longer to digest
-absorbs and transports fat-soluble vitamins
3 functions of nutrients → 1) provide energy.
2) build, repair, and maintain body tissues. such as absorbing calcium in bone tissue
3)regulate body process, such as how enzymes regulate digestive system or hemoglobin carries oxygen in blood from lungs to tissues
water-soluble vitamins → -absorbed and transported by fat
-excess amount stored in fat cells
-vitamins A, D, E, K