5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- what else besides the liver stores glycogen?
- complete proteins
- Definition of Nutrients
- What are simple carbs?
- food sources of unsaturated fats
- a chemical substances in foods that the body needs to function properly
- b muscles
- c foods that contain all 9 essential amino acids
- d nuts and oils
- e - a short term supply of energy (sugars)
5 Multiple choice questions
- less than 30%
- Physical activity level (lifestyle & exercise)
- guidelines to follow to get the proper amount of vitamins, minerals, and calories to stay healthy based on sex, age, physical activity, etc.
5 True/False questions
how many different nutrients does the body need daily? → 11
trans fats → -form of stored energy
-provides twice as much energy per ounce than carbs or proteins
-contains greater amount of calories, gain more weight when eating
-stores in tissues as secondary reserve energy supply
-should be no more that 30% of daily caloric intake
unsaturated fats → HEALTHIER
-liquid at room temperature, comes from vegetable fats
Another word for 'calories' → 'energy'
Functions of fiber → -insulates body to help conserve heat
-surrounds and cushions vital organs to protect from injury
-satisfies hunger, takes longer to digest
-absorbs and transports fat-soluble vitamins