The elective share as determined above is reduced by the sum of the following:
- (1) ½ the value of property passing to the spouse by right of survivorship.
- (2) Property (other than Social Security Benefits) passing to the spouse under the decedent's will, by intestacy, or by beneficiary designation, including life insurance.
- (3) The year's allowance awarded to the SS.
- (4) The value of any gifts made to the spouse by the decedent for which a gift tax return was filed.
- (5) The value of any property passing in trust for the exclusive benefit of the spouse during the balance of his or her lifetime, but only if the trust has a non-adverse trustee.
- (6) The net value of the marital estate awarded to the spouse after decedent's death.