5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Name the three types of metabolic waste?
- We have more veins than we do have arteries, true or false?
- What is plasma?
- The pericardium functions is ?
- Two mechanisms that regulate the circulatory system are?
- a prevents the heart from expanding too much, it hold the heart in position and encloses fluid.
- b True!
- c Neural and Endocrine
- d carbon dioxide, urea acid, ketone from fat
- e Fluid part of the blood, comprises 55% of the total blood volume and consists primarily of water (91.5%).
5 Multiple choice questions
- The clotting mechanism.
- Liquid connective tissue that transports oxygen and nutrients throughout the body.
- Because aspirin, given in small doses, inhibits some of the platelet functions, like clotting formation.
- Where all of the important exchanges happen in the circulatory system. They are a single cell to aid fast and easy diffusion of gases.
5 True/False questions
What are arteries? → Large vessels; elastic muscles to carry on power of the heart. They are the higher-pressure portion of the circulatory system. (blood away from the heart toward the tissue).
What are arteriolles? → Large vessels; elastic muscles to carry on power of the heart. They are the higher-pressure portion of the circulatory system. (blood away from the heart toward the tissue).
The circulatory system is commonly known as what? → The Cardiovascular System.
What are venules? → Function is to return deoxygenated blood to the heart; high amount of smooth muscle in walls.
What is Heparin? → The clotting mechanism.