5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Red blood cells live for how long?
- What is the primary function of the heart?
- What are capillaries?
- The heart is surrouned by a serous sac reinforced by dense connective tissue called the ?
- Death and destruction of blood cells last how long?
- a Pericardium
- b Pump blood throughout the entire body.
- c A few days to a couple of months.
- d Where all of the important exchanges happen in the circulatory system. They are a single cell to aid fast and easy diffusion of gases.
- e 120 days about.
5 Multiple choice questions
- Its oxygen carrying component of red blood cells.lt gives the cells their red color. It helps transport oxygen as well as carbon dioxide. It is also a buffer, preventing rapid changes in the blood pH.
- The Cardiovascular System.
- prevents the heart from expanding too much, it hold the heart in position and encloses fluid.
5 True/False questions
What is the function of the circulatory system? → The HEART. Its primary function is to pump blood throughout the body; it keeps the blood circulating.
What are arteries? → "Faucet" regulates blood pressure; delivers blood to the capillaries.
Platelets, also called thrombocytes are the smallest of the cells in the blood. What is their function? → Red blood cells (they have no nucleus; cannot reproduce)
What are veins? → Small veins; blood vessel that drain blood directly from the capillary bed.
What is Heparin? → The clotting mechanism.