5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- 5 out of 6
- Tumor Suppressors
- a uncontrolled cell division
- b site of the auditory transduction. fluid filled structure which consists of two membranes with hair cells.
- c ____ embryos won't survive to 8 weeks
- d genes code from the proteins that inhibit the cell cycle.
*mutations turn off genes that allow the slow down of the cell cycle, DNA repair and cell death
- e the threads of DNA as they become visible.
5 Multiple choice questions
- the link between tracts through the brain
- DNA sequences for proteins and complex molecules contain chains of amino acids. If these differ, the organisms have changes over time.
- (XXX, chromosome 23) occurs when an extra chromosome ends up in the 23rd position.
*no signs. females seem normal. may be infertile.
- trait where an intermediate phenotype can occur.
- (genetics) cell division that produces reproductive cells in sexually reproducing organisms
5 True/False questions
4 to 6 → when you exercise, the normal cardiac output of 5 liters of blood per minute increases ___ to ___ times.
astigmatism → abnormal curvature of the cornea or lens
Karyotype → picture used to see the 23 pairs of homologous chromosomes in an individual.
afferent pathway → consists of a sensory neuron and sends the informtaion from the receptor to the dorsal horn of the spinal cord in the CNS
Proto-Oncogene → genes that code for growth factors which stimulate or jumpstart the cell cycle.
*mutations leave the cell cycle turned on.