5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Mitosis occurs in
- Turner's syndrome
- Sinoatrial node
- a (XO, chromosome 23) occurs when there is a partial or complete absence of one of the two X sex chromosomes.
*small jaw, low set ears, webbed neck.
- b the alleles (Ww) that make a phenotype (physical trait)
- c the physical trait (widow's peak)
- d sets the beat of the heart every 0.85 seconds and is referred to as the "pacemaker" of the heart. Causes the atria to contract and sends out impulses to the atrioventricular node
- e all the body cells except the reproductive cells (somatic or body cells)
5 Multiple choice questions
- (XXX, chromosome 23) occurs when an extra chromosome ends up in the 23rd position.
*no signs. females seem normal. may be infertile.
- a hypothesis that has been supported by large amounts of data that are considered valid by a majority of scientists may become a
- when a baby is about to be born, it's ___ is not fully developed
- shows the profile of the heart's contractions.
P wave: 2 chambers to ventricle
QRS complex: ventricles pump blood
T wave: amount of time from ventricle to T wave
- Zygote, 2-cell, 4-cell, 8-cell, Morula, Blastula, Gastrula
5 True/False questions
Define Evolution → occurs during meiosis when the chromosomes or sister chromatids fail to separate.
*an extra copy is present = trisomy
*a copy is missing = monosomy
Biochemical Evidence → DNA sequences for proteins and complex molecules contain chains of amino acids. If these differ, the organisms have changes over time.
Endoderm → this human germ layer contains: muscles, bones, blood, kidneys, reproductive organs.
5 out of 6 → ____ embryos won't survive to 8 weeks
afferent pathway → consists of a sensory neuron and sends the informtaion from the receptor to the dorsal horn of the spinal cord in the CNS