5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Sensory deafness
- a controls language, conscious thought, memory, personality development, vision. Thinking & Feeling.
- b the cell secretes substances that encourage blood vessels to form a close network surrounding the developing tumor. leads to failure of surrounding organs.
- c transmission of nerve impulses from the cochlea to the brain is impaired because of damage to the cochlea
- d the process of maintaining a balance in living organisms.
- e similar in function, but different in form
5 Multiple choice questions
- 1. Fossil Record - seeing when fossils first appeared by evaluating the geological time chart.
Precambrain: most distant
Cenozoic: most recent
- a single tumor cell's gene, that requires a cell to stop dividing when it contacts its neighboring cells, has mutated. the cells can pile on top one another without restraint to form large tumors.
- the threads of DNA as they become visible.
- "lymphocytes" fight infection
- auditory, visual, and sensory receptors. balance.
5 True/False questions
Atherosclerosis coronary artery → focus on the thickness of the walls and plaque build-up
Down syndrome → this human germ layer contains: liver, digestive system, lungs, pancreas, urinary tract.
veins → blood is being carried away from the body tissues back to the heart in the
pituitary gland → use this graph for proportions, percentages, and ratios/fractions
accomodation → ability of the lens at the front of the eye to thicken and focus on near objects