5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- 3 evidences of Common Descent #2
- a similar in function, but different in form
- b coordinates muscle movements. balance, posture, muscle.
- c 2. Comparative Anatomy - looking at both embryonic stages in different vertebrate organisms and the physical features of the adult vertebrate forelimbs in comparison with a common ancestor.
- d the blood is being carried away from the heart and out to the body tissues in the
- e occurs in the ovaries of females. the final product is three small cells called polar bodies and one large cell called an egg or ovum.
5 Multiple choice questions
- genes code from the proteins that inhibit the cell cycle.
*mutations turn off genes that allow the slow down of the cell cycle, DNA repair and cell death
- muscle or gland that responds to the initial stimulus or receptor
- body temp, blood pressure, respiration, heartbeat, directs pituitary gland secretions
- DNA replication occurs to produce 2 daughter cells
- reduced ability to hear due to a problem between the outside of the ear and the cochlea
5 True/False questions
Atrioventricular node → stimulates the ventricles to contract via the Perkinje fibers buried deep in the heart muscle
Homologous → auditory, visual, and sensory receptors. balance.
Karyotype → a hypothesis that has been supported by large amounts of data that are considered valid by a majority of scientists may become a
White Blood Cells → "lymphocytes" fight infection
Proto-Oncogene → genes that code for growth factors which stimulate or jumpstart the cell cycle.
*mutations leave the cell cycle turned on.