5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Bartolome de Las Casas
- Giovanni da Verrazzano
- a Italian who set out under the French flagto find the Northwest Passage.
- b Aztec emperor
- c fought for the better treatment of Native Americans. He was a Catholic Priest
- d led the Pueblo Indians in a rebellion against the Spanish
- e top official of a viceroyalty
5 Multiple choice questions
- economic system of increasing money in a countries treasury by creating a favorable balance of trade.
- Provinces of New Spain and Peru
- Moved the Line of Demarcation more than 800 miles farther west
- transfered during the Columbian Exchange
- large farms that raised cash crops
5 True/False questions
Ferdinand Magellan → Portuguese sailor who proposed to reach Asia by sailing west around South America.
diseases → church built settlements that included a church, town, and farmlands. The goal was to convert Native Americans to Christianity.
slave codes → laws to regulate the treatment of slaves
haciendas → large estates
missionaries → church built settlements that included a church, town, and farmlands. The goal was to convert Native Americans to Christianity.