5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- smaller faster ships
- Giovanni da Verrazzano
- Columbian Exchange
- a Italian who set out under the French flagto find the Northwest Passage.
- b economic system of increasing money in a countries treasury by creating a favorable balance of trade.
- c the movement of things between hemispheres
- d reason English beat the Spanish Armada
- e they wanted to spread the word of Christianity beyond Europe, expand their empires, and become rich
5 Multiple choice questions
- killed millions of Native Americans
- top official of a viceroyalty
- fought for the better treatment of Native Americans. He was a Catholic Priest
- one of the first explorers to chart a northern route across the Atlantic Ocean in search of Asia. An italian sailor who explored for the English.
- number of men on Magellan's ship
5 True/False questions
Jacques Cartier → they wanted to spread the word of Christianity beyond Europe, expand their empires, and become rich
slave codes → laws to regulate the treatment of slaves
Francisco Pizarro → sent by Philip to conquer England and restore Catholicism to that nation
Ferdinand Magellan → Spanish conquistador that explored and claimed land for Spain
germs → transfered during the Columbian Exchange