5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- middle passage
- John Cabot
- a belief that some people are inferior because of their race
- b one of the first explorers to chart a northern route across the Atlantic Ocean in search of Asia. An italian sailor who explored for the English.
- c Provinces of New Spain and Peru
- d the practice of holding a person in bondage for labor
- e voyage from Africa to the Americas - the middle leg of the triangular trade
5 Multiple choice questions
- sailed under Dutch flag and hoped to find route to China. He found present day New York and sailed up the River named after him. He later found anther large bay area named after him.
- the movement of things between hemispheres
- Aztec Capital
- economic system of increasing money in a countries treasury by creating a favorable balance of trade.
- Spanish conquistador that explored and claimed land for Spain
5 True/False questions
Pope → number of ships Magellan sailed with.
Amerigo Vespucci → Italian sailor who set out in 1501 to find a sea route to Asia. Continent named after him
missions → church built settlements that included a church, town, and farmlands. The goal was to convert Native Americans to Christianity.
viceroy → top official of a viceroyalty
conquistadors → Spanish conquerors