5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Jacques Cartier
- Spanish Armada
- a number of ships Magellan sailed with.
- b traveled up the St. Lawrence River to the site of present day Montreal Canada
- c belief that some people are inferior because of their race
- d top official of a viceroyalty
- e sent by Philip to conquer England and restore Catholicism to that nation
5 Multiple choice questions
- church built settlements that included a church, town, and farmlands. The goal was to convert Native Americans to Christianity.
- Spanish conquistador that explored and claimed land for Spain
- Moved the Line of Demarcation more than 800 miles farther west
- the movement of things between hemispheres
- reason English beat the Spanish Armada
5 True/False questions
Amerigo Vespucci → Italian sailor who set out in 1501 to find a sea route to Asia. Continent named after him
Phillipines → church built settlements that included a church, town, and farmlands. The goal was to convert Native Americans to Christianity.
Francisco Pizarro → led an expedition of 180 men into Peru
African Diaspora → forced removal of slaves from Africa - depopulation
Huguenots → French Protestants founded colony of Fort Caroline.