Create an account
9.What is a business-related consequence of successful software?
Increased revenues, repair brand reputation, decreased liabilities and expenses
9.What is a business-related consequence of failing software?
Decrease productivity, damage to brand reputation, increased liabilites
9. What is a business requirement?
The specific business requests the system must meet to be successful
9. What is an issue related to the waterfall methodology?
flaws in accurately defining and articulating the business problem, managing costs, resources, and time, and business requirements
9. What agile methodology cannot continue on to the next phase until the first phase is complete?
9.What is the fundamental of the RAD methodology?
Focus initially on creating. actively involve systems, accelerate collecting business
9. What methodology ends each day or begins with a stand-up meeting to monitor and control the development effort?
9. What are characteristics of a successful project?
Delivered on time, within budget, and meets the business' requirements
9. An organization must identify what it wants to do. What does the "what" mean?
Justification of the project, definition of the project, and expected results of the project
9. An organization must identify how it is going to do it. What does the "how" mean?
analysis of project risks, list of dates
9. What is a technique for choosing strategic projects?
Categorize, perform a financial analysis, focus on organizational groups
9. What is the critical path?
The path from start to finish that passes through all the tasks that are critical to completing the project in the shortest amount of time
9. What are common reasons why change occurs?
misunderstanding, shift in technology, omission in defining initial scope
B. What is a peer-to-peer network?
Any network without a central file server and in which all computers have access to the public files located on all other workstations.
B. What is designed to connect a group of computers in close proximity to each other such as in an office building, a school, or a home?
Local area network
B. Which of the following is not one of the differentiating factors of a network?
B.What runs a network, steering information between computers and managing security and users?
Network Operating System
B. What is a router?
An intelligent connecting device that examines each packet of data it receives and then decides which way to send it onward its destination
B. What is network topology?
Refers to the geometric arrangement of the actual physical organization of the computers and other network devices in a network
B. What is a client/server network?
A model for applications in which the bulk of the back-end processing, such as performing a physical search of a database, takes place on a server, which the front-end processing, which involves communicating with the users
B. What is packet-switching?
Occurs when the sending computer divides a message into a number of efficiently sized units called packets
B. What is interoperability?
The capability of two or more computer systems to share data and resources, even though they are made by different manufacturers
B. What is a protocol?
A standard that specifics the format of data as feel as the rules to be followed during g transmission.
B. What is the ring topology?
All devices are connected to one another in the shape of a closed loop
B. What allows files containing text, programs, graphics, numerical data, and so on to be downloaded off or uploaded onto a network?
File transfer protocol
B. What allows the management of networked nodes to be managed from a single point?
Simple network management protocol
B. What are the commonly used type of guided media?
Twisted-pair cable, coaxial cable, fiber-optic cable
B. How many layers does the OSI model contain?
7: Physical, Data Link, Network, Transport, Session, Presentation, Application
A1. The Access assignment requires the creation, running, and fully documenting of _____ queries.
A1. Which of the following entries would be made on the 'Field' line of the query design grid to cause the table field name 'Name' to be displayed in query results as 'Customer'?
A1. Which of the following entries would be made on the "Field" line of the query design grid to cause the concatenation of table field names "First" and "Last" separated by a space to be displayed in query results as "Name"
Name: [First] & " " & [Last]
A1. What would be the entry on the "Criteria" line of the query design grid for "Last Name" to cause the display the records of only those individuals with last names starting with the letter "P"?
A2. You need to create a calculated field labeled "Profit" that calculates the difference between numeric fields "Revenue" and "Expenses". What would you enter on the "Field" line of the query grid?
A2. What would you enter on the "Criteria" line for the currency field "Fringe Benefits" of the query grid so that only records whose values are $10,000 or less are displayed in the query results?
A2. If you must sort the query results based on the values in multiple fields, the sort order is executed ____.
by use of a SortOrder criteron
A2. If you want each specific value of a specific field to only appear once in the query results, you would use the ____ operator on the "Total" line of the query grid.
A2. Which of the following is not available as an aggregate function in Access?
most occurring value (mode)
A2. When executing a query, all fields used in the design grid ____ be displayed in the query results.
on which selection criterion are specified must
A3. Which of the following will be accepted by Access as valid during data entry?
entering numbers in a field of data type text
A3. Which Access table fields are commonly defined with an input mask?
Social security number, zip code
A3. Which Access table field properties would you use to limit data entry to five (5) characters and ensure that an entry is made?
Field size and required
A3. Which of the following will always print on each and every page of a multi-page, grouped Access report?
A3. While in Access table data sheet view )records showing, a temporary sub=set of selected records can be created and viewed by defining a ___.
A3. While in Access table design view (records not showing), fields upon which their values may have mathematical calculations performed can not be of data type____.
7. What are the five elements that are needed to create a connected world or a network?
Categories, providers, access technologies, protocols, and convergence
7. LANs, WANs, and MANs, all provide users with an accessible and reliable network infrastructure. Which of the below are the most important network differentiating dimensions?
Cost and performance
7. What are the three levels outlined in the book from the top down include___?
National service provider. regional service provider, and internet service provider
7. The speed of transmission of a network is determined by the speed of its smallest _____.
Amount of bandwidth
7. How do TCP and IP differ?
TCP verifies the correct delivery of data in case it is corrupted, where IP verifies the data are sent to the correct IP address.
7. What is a benefit of network convergence?
the weaving together of voice, data, and video, multiple services offered from a single vendor, multiple devices supported by one provider
7. What is a disadvantage of networking or performing business in a connected world?
Increases resources threats
7. Which benefits of a connected world makes all applications, equipment, and data available to anyone on the network, without regard to the physical location of the resource or the user?
7. What is the major challenge of networking or performing business in a connected world?
7. Which of the below statements is not accurate in reference to mobile and wireless computing?
Wireless technology is any type of operation accomplished with the use of a hard-wired connection
7. A wireless MAN is a metropolitan area network that uses ______ to transmit and receive data.
7. A wireless WAN is a wide area network that uses radio signals to transmit and receive data and can be divided into which two categories?
Cellular and satellite communications systems
7. Which of the following is not a primary use of GIS?
Ensuring safety equipment is on an airplane before a flight
7. Which of the following is a measure being considered to address privacy concerns with RFIDs and LBSs?
Clearly labeled RFID tags on products, kill codes, RSA blocker tags
8. What can effective and efficient supply chain management systems enable an organization to accomplish?
Increase its supplier power
8. What is it called when distorted product-demand information ripples from one partner to the next throughout the supply chain?
8. Why is CRM one of the most valuable assets a company can acquire?
CRM has proven to increase customer loyalty and retention and an organization's profitability
8. As the business world increasingly shifts from product focus to customer focus, why are most organizations treating existing customers better than in the past?
Existing customers are the best source of profitable and sustainable revenue growth
8. A contact center is one of the best assets a customer driven organization can have. Why?
Maintaining a high level of customer support is critical to obtaining and retaining customers
8. What are current CRM trends?
Partner relationship management, supplier relationship management, employee relationship, etc
8. In which industry area will CRM remain a major strategic focus for years to come?
Product is difficult to differentiate
8. What are ways that CRM system can collect information?
accounting system, order fulfillment, system, inventory system
8. What made-to-order views can analytical CRM tools slice-and-dice customer information into?
Customer value, customer spending, customer segmentation
8. What can analytical CRM modeling tools discover?
identify opportunities for for expanding customer relationships, identify opportunities for cross-selling, identify opportunities for up-selling
8. Which question below represents a CRM reporting technology example?
What is the total revenue by customer?
8. Which question below represents a CRM analyzing technology question?
Why did sales not meet forecasts?
8. Which question below represents a CRM predicting technology question?
What customers are at risk of leaving?
8. What is the primary difference between contact management and opportunity management?
Contact management deals with existing customers, opportunity management deals with new customers
8. Which of the following is where customer service representatives answer customer inquiries and respond to problems through a number of different customer touch points?
8. Which of the following is considered a feature in a contact center?
automatic call distribution, interactive voice response, predictive dialing
8. Which industries will want to keep using CRM as a major strategic focus in the future?
Industries whose products are difficult to differentiate
8. Which of the following is a common marketing CRM metric?
Cost per interaction by marketing campaign
8. What is enterprise resource planning?
Integrates all departments and functions throughout an organization into a single IT system so that employees can make decisions by viewing enterprise wide information on all business operations
8. Which of the following is a component ERP vendors offer to differentiate themselves in the marketplace?
Please allow access to your computer’s microphone to use Voice Recording.
Having trouble? Click here for help.
We can’t access your microphone!
Click the icon above to update your browser permissions and try again
Reload the page to try again!Reload
Press Cmd-0 to reset your zoom
Press Ctrl-0 to reset your zoom
It looks like your browser might be zoomed in or out. Your browser needs to be zoomed to a normal size to record audio.
Please upgrade Flash or install Chrome
to use Voice Recording.
For more help, see our troubleshooting page.
Your microphone is muted
For help fixing this issue, see this FAQ.
Star this term
You can study starred terms together