5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- True or false? There are medications that are effective against viral illnesses, including the common cold.
- A person acquires passive immunity when..
- How are vaccinations given?
- After a person recovers from sickness, some T Cells and B Cells keep..
- When does a baby acquire some passive immunity before birth?
- a The "memory" of the pathogen's antigen. So if it enters the body again, it recognizes it and starts the immune response quickly.
- b By injection, by mouth, or through a nasal spray
- c This immuni results from antibodies that are passed from the another's blood into the baby's blood during pregnancy
- d False
- e The antibodies that fight the pathogen come from a source other than the person's body
5 Multiple choice questions
- No more than a few months
- The body's ability to destroy pathogens before they can cause disease.
- Drugs that can be purchased without a doctor's prescription.
5 True/False questions
Who was Jonas Salk? → Showed that microorganisms were the cause of disease in silkworms . He reasoned that you could control spread of disease by killing microorganisms
Who was Louis Pasteur? → A professor from the USA that showed that people injected with killed polio viruses did not get the disease, but produced the antibodies against it
Who was Florence nightingale? → English nurse-cared for British soldiers during the Crimean war, and wanted hospitals clean. This saved many soldiers lives
When you receive vaccination, the T Cells and B Cells still recognize and respond to .. → The antigens of the weakened or dead pathogen
True or false.. Although some medications don't kill pathogens, they may help you feel more comfortable while you get better. → False