5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Who was Florence nightingale?
- True or false? There are medications that are effective against viral illnesses, including the common cold.
- When you receive vaccination, the T Cells and B Cells still recognize and respond to ..
- What are the two basic types of immunity?
- During the immune response , ___&_____ help destroy the pathogens.
- a English nurse-cared for British soldiers during the Crimean war, and wanted hospitals clean. This saved many soldiers lives
- b False
- c Active and passive
- d The antigens of the weakened or dead pathogen
- e T Cells and B Cells
5 Multiple choice questions
- Showed that microorganisms were the cause of disease in silkworms . He reasoned that you could control spread of disease by killing microorganisms
- Drugs that can be purchased without a doctor's prescription.
- An American biomedical researcher founded the AIDS foundation and dedicated her life to supporting AIDS research
- Chickenpox. First time you get it your body responds to virus by producing antibodies. The next time, it produces the antibodies so quick you don't get sick.
5 True/False questions
Immunization is .. → Vaccination
What is active immunity? → When antibodies are given to a person...the person's immune system doesn't make them.
Passive immunity usually lasts for.. → Many years , and sometimes it lasts for life
Who was Jonas Salk? → Showed that microorganisms were the cause of disease in silkworms . He reasoned that you could control spread of disease by killing microorganisms
How are vaccinations given? → The process by which harmless antigens are deliberately introduced into a person's body to produce active immunity