5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- What is active immunity?
- What is passive immunity?
- True or false? There are medications that are effective against viral illnesses, including the common cold.
- True or false ?Active Immunity can result from either getting the disease or being vaccinated.
- Examples of over the counter drugs...
- a Cold medicines, fever medications, stomach ache medicine
- b False
- c When antibodies are given to a person...the person's immune system doesn't make them.
- d True
- e When a persons own immune system produces antibodies in response to the presence of a pathogen.
5 Multiple choice questions
- False, you usually do not.
- The antibodies that fight the pathogen come from a source other than the person's body
- Many years , and sometimes it lasts for life
5 True/False questions
What is a vaccine? → Consists of pathogens that have been weakened or killed but can still trigger the immune system to go to action
Who was Jonas Salk? → Showed that microorganisms were the cause of disease in silkworms . He reasoned that you could control spread of disease by killing microorganisms
When you receive vaccination, the T Cells and B Cells still recognize and respond to .. → The "memory" of the pathogen's antigen. So if it enters the body again, it recognizes it and starts the immune response quickly.
When does a baby acquire some passive immunity before birth? → The antibodies that fight the pathogen come from a source other than the person's body
As people recover from some diseases, they develop ______ to the diseases.i → The "memory" of the pathogen's antigen. So if it enters the body again, it recognizes it and starts the immune response quickly.