5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- When you receive vaccination, the T Cells and B Cells still recognize and respond to ..
- What is passive immunity?
- Who is Mathilda Kim?
- True or false.. Although some medications don't kill pathogens, they may help you feel more comfortable while you get better.
- Immunization is ..
- a The antigens of the weakened or dead pathogen
- b Vaccination
- c When antibodies are given to a person...the person's immune system doesn't make them.
- d An American biomedical researcher founded the AIDS foundation and dedicated her life to supporting AIDS research
- e True
5 Multiple choice questions
- When a persons own immune system produces antibodies in response to the presence of a pathogen.
- Country England doctor - successfully vaccinated a child against smallpox, by using material from the sore of a person with cowpox. It worked but he didn't know why.
- In Britain, he observed that bacteria growing on laboratory plates were killed when various fungi grew on the same plate. He discovered that one fungus produced a substance that killed bacteria ---penicillin
- The process by which harmless antigens are deliberately introduced into a person's body to produce active immunity
5 True/False questions
What is immunity? → When a persons own immune system produces antibodies in response to the presence of a pathogen.
Active immunity often lasts for ... → No more than a few months
What are over-the-counter medications? → Cold medicines, fever medications, stomach ache medicine
Who was Louis Pasteur? → Showed that microorganisms were the cause of disease in silkworms . He reasoned that you could control spread of disease by killing microorganisms
True or false? When you receive a vaccination you always get sick. → Vaccine