5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- What is vaccination?
- Who was Jonas Salk?
- Passive immunity usually lasts for..
- True or false? There are medications that are effective against viral illnesses, including the common cold.
- A person acquires passive immunity when..
- a The process by which harmless antigens are deliberately introduced into a person's body to produce active immunity
- b The antibodies that fight the pathogen come from a source other than the person's body
- c No more than a few months
- d False
- e A professor from the USA that showed that people injected with killed polio viruses did not get the disease, but produced the antibodies against it
5 Multiple choice questions
- The "memory" of the pathogen's antigen. So if it enters the body again, it recognizes it and starts the immune response quickly.
- Active and passive
- When a persons own immune system produces antibodies in response to the presence of a pathogen.
- This immuni results from antibodies that are passed from the another's blood into the baby's blood during pregnancy
5 True/False questions
Examples of over the counter drugs... → Cold medicines, fever medications, stomach ache medicine
What is a vaccine? → The process by which harmless antigens are deliberately introduced into a person's body to produce active immunity
True or false.. Although some medications don't kill pathogens, they may help you feel more comfortable while you get better. → True
During the immune response , ___&_____ help destroy the pathogens. → True
Immunization is .. → The body's ability to destroy pathogens before they can cause disease.