5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- A person acquires passive immunity when..
- As people recover from some diseases, they develop ______ to the diseases.i
- Who was Edward Jenner?
- True or false , no one is immune to all diseases
- Active immunity often lasts for ...
- a True
- b Many years , and sometimes it lasts for life
- c Immunity
- d The antibodies that fight the pathogen come from a source other than the person's body
- e Country England doctor - successfully vaccinated a child against smallpox, by using material from the sore of a person with cowpox. It worked but he didn't know why.
5 Multiple choice questions
- The process by which harmless antigens are deliberately introduced into a person's body to produce active immunity
- When antibodies are given to a person...the person's immune system doesn't make them.
- T Cells and B Cells
- False, you usually do not.
5 True/False questions
Who was Louis Pasteur? → A professor from the USA that showed that people injected with killed polio viruses did not get the disease, but produced the antibodies against it
What are the two basic types of immunity? → When a persons own immune system produces antibodies in response to the presence of a pathogen.
Examples of what vaccinations Can prevent... → Polio,chickenpox, and other diseases
How are vaccinations given? → The process by which harmless antigens are deliberately introduced into a person's body to produce active immunity
True or false? There are medications that are effective against viral illnesses, including the common cold. → False