5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Examples of over the counter drugs...
- Who was Louis Pasteur?
- When does a baby acquire some passive immunity before birth?
- True or false? There are medications that are effective against viral illnesses, including the common cold.
- The substance that is used in a vaccination is called a
- a This immuni results from antibodies that are passed from the another's blood into the baby's blood during pregnancy
- b Vaccine
- c Showed that microorganisms were the cause of disease in silkworms . He reasoned that you could control spread of disease by killing microorganisms
- d Cold medicines, fever medications, stomach ache medicine
- e False
5 Multiple choice questions
- When antibodies are given to a person...the person's immune system doesn't make them.
- The antigens of the weakened or dead pathogen
- A chemical that kills bacteria or slows their growth without harming body cells
- An American biomedical researcher founded the AIDS foundation and dedicated her life to supporting AIDS research
5 True/False questions
What is immunity? → When a persons own immune system produces antibodies in response to the presence of a pathogen.
During the immune response , ___&_____ help destroy the pathogens. → T Cells and B Cells
True or false? When you receive a vaccination you always get sick. → False, you usually do not.
Active immunity often lasts for ... → Many years , and sometimes it lasts for life
How are vaccinations given? → By injection, by mouth, or through a nasal spray