5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Treaty of Rome
- Czech Republic
- a Pact, created in 1957, that set up the European Economic Community
- b social process of neutralizing the influence of Joseph Stalin by revising his policies and removing monuments dedicated to him and renaming places named in his honor
- c East German dictator from 1971 to 1989 that ruled with an iron fist, secret police and refusal of reforms; in 1989, his economic policies cause a mass East German migration through Hungary to get to West Germany, which caused him to open borders with West Germany
- d In 1990, the nation of Czechoslovakia was divided into 2 republics. Free elections were held, and a slight majority of Slovaks wanted independence. The two independent nations were formed in 1993 (called the Velvet Divorce).
- e (military) containing something or someone
5 Multiple choice questions
- (The council of Mutual Assistance) Soviet relations with the states of Eastern Europe, Soviet-dominated
- purpose was to drive the Western powers out of Berlin
- formerly the unit of money in Germany
- The communist USSR run sector of Germany, smaller than West Germany
- India declares itself independent in 1947 after WWII. Shows end of imperialism and loss of British empire...hard to maintain because it was expensive and militarily too weak
5 True/False questions
Adenauer → German statesman
Women in W. Europe → Pact, created in 1957, that set up the European Economic Community
Velvet Revolution → A peaceful protest by the Czech people that led to the smooth end of communism in Czechoslovakia.
Britain's Labour reforms → Attempt by pro-Soviet members to oust Gorbachev from power.
Ulbricht → leader of German Communist Party and German Democratic Republic