5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Brezhnev Era
- Deutsche Mark
- West Germany (FRG)
- Nationalism in the Soviet Union
- a Originally there were 3 sectors (French, British, and US) they all combined to form one democratic sector
- b many different ethnicities in the Soviet union= tensions and people defended their own ethnicity
- c Soviet statesman and premier who denounced stalin (1894-1971)
- d This period began with high economic growth and soaring prosperity, but ended with a much weaker Soviet Union facing social, political, and economic stagnation. The average annual income stagnated, because needed economic reforms were never fully carried out.
- e formerly the unit of money in Germany
5 Multiple choice questions
- Soviet organization whose purpose was to denounce Marshall Plan aid
- (military) containing something or someone
- Yeltsin became leader of the new Russian Republic after the collapse of the Soviet Union; Yeltsin opposed Gorbachev and wanted to have open markets and move toward a more democratic design.
- Huge state secret police formed by Ceausescu. Bloody and brutal. Killed many in the Romanian Revolution.
- This Polish Pope brought the world's attention to the solidarity movement of the Polish, calling for human rights. He became a hero of the Polish nation.
5 True/False questions
East Germany (GDR) → The communist USSR run sector of Germany, smaller than West Germany
Stalinization → social process of neutralizing the influence of Joseph Stalin by revising his policies and removing monuments dedicated to him and renaming places named in his honor
Brezhnev Doctrine → advocated a policy of support for "free people who are resisting attempted subjugation by armed minorities or by outside pressures"
Bosnia-Herzegovina → (military) containing something or someone
Treaty of Rome → a common currency introduced to 11 members of the European Union in 1999. In order for Europe to become fully integrated they needed a single currency.