5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- set of genetic material in an organism's chromosomes
- naturalistic observation
- action potential
- biological predispositions
- a The genome is the complete
- b A brief electrical charge that travels down the axon of a neuron is called the
- c Mason, a stockbroker, runs two miles every day after work because it reduces his level of stress. Mason's running habit is maintained by a ________ reinforcer
- d After pigs learned to pick up and deposit coins in a piggy bank, the pigs subsequently dropped the coins repeatedly and pushed them with their snouts. This best illustrates the importance of ________ in operant conditioning.
- e Professor Ober carefully observes and records the behaviors of children in their classrooms in order to track the development of their social and intellectual skills. Professor Ober is most clearly engaged in
5 Multiple choice questions
- Compared with unconscious information processing, conscious information processing is relatively
- After he was spanked on several occasions for spilling his milk at a restaurant, Colin became afraid to go to the restaurant. In this case, spanking was a(n) _______ for Colin's fear.
- At 3 o'clock in the morning, John has already slept for 4 hours. As long as his sleep continues, we can expect an increasing occurrence of
- A dog salivates to the sound of a tone because the tone has regularly been associated with the delivery of food. In this case, the tone is called a(n)
- Cones and rods are to vision as _________ are to audition
5 True/False questions
assimilation → Interpreting new experiences in terms of existing schemas is called
generalization → According to Piaget, a child can represent things with words and images but cannot reason with logic during the ________ stage.
the case study → Which research method would be most appropriate for investigating the relationship between the religious beliefs of Americans and their attitudes toward abortion?
universal grammar → The classic gate-control theory suggests that pain is experienced when small nerve fibers activate and open a neural gate in the
conditioned response → Alex was paid $100 for eight hours of work. The money was a(n)