5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- selective attention
- slow, effortful and especially effective for solving new problems
- a HEaring the word "rabbit" may lead people to spell the spoken work "hair" as "hare." This best illustrates the outcome of a process known as
- b Compared with unconscious information processing, conscious information processing is relatively
- c The cocktail party effect provides an example of
- d Interpreting new experiences in terms of existing schemas is called
- e The two major divisions of the nervous system are the central and the ________ nervous systems.
5 Multiple choice questions
- A child's learned fear at the sight of a hypodermic needle is a(n)
- Carl rogers referred to an attitude of total acceptance toward another person as
- Dr. Winkle conducts basic research on the systematic changes in intelligence associated with aging. It is most likely that Dr. Winkle is a(n) ________ psychologist.
- Purchasing state lottery tickets is reinforced with monetary winnings on a _________ schedule
- Which of the following correlation coefficients expresses the weakest degree of relationship between two variables?
5 True/False questions
retrieval cue → When 80 yr old Ida looked at one of her old wedding pictures, she was flooded with vivid memories of her parents, her husband, and the early years of her marriage. The picture served as a powerful
industrial-organizational psychology → Dr. Ochoa develops tests to accurately identify the most qualified job applicants in a large manufacturing firm. Which psychological specialty does Dr. Ochoa's work best represent?
preconventional → According to Kohlberg, morality based on the avoidance of punishment and the attainment of concrete rewards represents ________ morality
opiates → The motor cortex is located in the ________ lobes
seeing; hearing → The two major divisions of the nervous system are the central and the ________ nervous systems.