5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- reproductive success
- conditioned response
- a momentary sensory memory of auditory stimuli
- parental investment
- bodily needs
- a Professor Assad suggested that a cautious attitude toward sexual encounters has proven to be more reproductively advantageous to women than to men because the birth process is more time-consuming for women than for men. This suggestion best illustrates the logic of a(n) ________ theory of sexual behavior.
- b Echoic memory refers to
- c A child's learned fear at the sight of a hypodermic needle is a(n)
- d According to evolutionary psychologists, our predisposition to overconsume fatty junk foods illustrates that we are biologically prepared to behave in ways that promoted the ________ of our ancestors.
- e Maslow placed _____________ at the base of his hierarchy of need.
5 Multiple choice questions
- HEaring the word "rabbit" may lead people to spell the spoken work "hair" as "hare." This best illustrates the outcome of a process known as
- According to Freud, the unconscious is
- A slap on the back is more painful than a pat on the back because a slap triggers
- George Miller proposed that about seven information bits constitutes the capacity of _________ memory
- Compared with identical twins, fraternal twins are ________ similar in neuroticism and ________ similar in risk of divorcing.
5 True/False questions
a dispositional attribution → Ksana insists that her boyfriend's car accident resulted from his carelessness. Her explanation for the accident provides an example of
neural activation → Which theory suggests that dreams are mental responses to random bursts of neural stimulation?
industrial-organizational psychology → Dr. Ochoa develops tests to accurately identify the most qualified job applicants in a large manufacturing firm. Which psychological specialty does Dr. Ochoa's work best represent?
strong ego → When 16 yr old Hafez received a large inheritance from his grandfather, he was tempted to purchase an expensive new car. He decided, instead, to deposit all the money into a savings account for his college education. Hafez shows signs of a
role playing on attitudes → A dog salivates to the sound of a tone because the tone has regularly been associated with the delivery of food. In this case, the tone is called a(n)