5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- an all or non response
- the misinformation effect
- mature and affluent
- a Which of the following correlation coefficients expresses the weakest degree of relationship between two variables?
- b Makayla developed an intense fear of flying five years ago when she was in a plane crash. The fact that today she can again fly without distress indicates that her fear has undergone
- c After readin a newspaper report suggesting that drunken driving might have contributed to a recent auto accident, several people who actually witnessed the accident began to remember the driver involved as traveling more recklessly than was actually the case. This provides an example of
- d Increasing excitatory signals above the threshold for neural activation will not affect the intensity of an action potential. This indicates that a neuron's reaction is
- e According to research by David Buss, women are most likely to be sexually attracted to men who seem
5 Multiple choice questions
- Which theory suggests that dreams are mental responses to random bursts of neural stimulation?
- The most foolproof way of testing whether a newly introduced method of psychological therapy is truly effective is to use
- After experiencing inescapable brutalities as a prisoner in a Nazi concentration camp, Mr. Sternberg became apathetic, stopped eating, and gave up all efforts to physically survive the ordeal. Mr. Sternberg's reaction most clearly illustrates
- The occipital lobes are to ________ as the temporal lobes are to ________.
- Parents who disguise hostility toward their children by becoming overly protective of them are very likely using the defense mechanism of
5 True/False questions
mood-congruent memory → The recall of sad experiences is often primed by feelings of sadness. This most clearly illustrates
more; less → At 3 o'clock in the morning, John has already slept for 4 hours. As long as his sleep continues, we can expect an increasing occurrence of
developmental → Dr. Winkle conducts basic research on the systematic changes in intelligence associated with aging. It is most likely that Dr. Winkle is a(n) ________ psychologist.
receive incoming signals from other neurons → Psychologists are currently debating whether our physical capacity for mentally simulating the observed behavior of others is due to specialized
minimize any differences between groups of participants. → The organizational rule identified by Gestalt psychologists illustrates that