5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- aversive; pleasant
- unconditional positive regard
- mood-congruent memory
- a Which of the following correlation coefficients expresses the weakest degree of relationship between two variables?
- b Carl rogers referred to an attitude of total acceptance toward another person as
- c The recall of sad experiences is often primed by feelings of sadness. This most clearly illustrates
- d The biochemical units of heredity that make up the chromosomes are called
- e Positive punishment is the introduction of an __________ stimulus following a behavior and negative punishment is the withdrawal of a ________ stimulus following a behavior.
5 Multiple choice questions
- Participants in the Milgram obedience studies were ordered to
- The occipital lobes are to ________ as the temporal lobes are to ________.
- According to research by David Buss, women are most likely to be sexually attracted to men who seem
- Reuptake refers to the
- The minimum level of stimulation required to trigger a neural impulse is called the
5 True/False questions
the biological perspective → Consciously repeating the name of a new classmate you want to remember illustrates
external influences on behavior are minimal → A person's behavior is most likely to be consistent with his or her attitudes when
associative learning → Positive punishment is the introduction of an __________ stimulus following a behavior and negative punishment is the withdrawal of a ________ stimulus following a behavior.
continuity and stages → The fact that many happy and well-adjusted adults were once rebellious and unhappy as adolescents is most relevant to the issue of
the hippocampus and frontal lobes are immature during early infancy → Four-year-old Karen can't remember anything of the first few months of her life. This is best explained by the fact that