5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- parental investment
- mirror neurons
- a The chemical messengers released into the spatial junctions between neurons are called
- b Psychologists are currently debating whether our physical capacity for mentally simulating the observed behavior of others is due to specialized
- c Alex learned how to make 3-point basketball shots by successfully making very short shots before shooting from increasingly longer distances from the hoop. This learning strategy best illustrates the process of
- d A conscious memory of the name of the first president of the United States is a(n) ________ memory.
- e Professor Assad suggested that a cautious attitude toward sexual encounters has proven to be more reproductively advantageous to women than to men because the birth process is more time-consuming for women than for men. This suggestion best illustrates the logic of a(n) ________ theory of sexual behavior.
5 Multiple choice questions
- A brain tumor caused extensive damage to Mr. Thorndike's hypothalamus. It is most likely that he may suffer a loss of
- The loudness of sounds is determined by the _________ of sound waves
- HEaring the word "rabbit" may lead people to spell the spoken work "hair" as "hare." This best illustrates the outcome of a process known as
- The most foolproof way of testing whether a newly introduced method of psychological therapy is truly effective is to use
- Evolutionary psychology studies the evolution of behavior and the mind using principles of
5 True/False questions
the perceived whole differs from the sum of its parts → The function of dendrites is to
hair cells → Cones and rods are to vision as _________ are to audition
more neurons to fire, and to fire more often → A slap on the back is more painful than a pat on the back because a slap triggers
the hippocampus and frontal lobes are immature during early infancy → Carl rogers referred to an attitude of total acceptance toward another person as
have all of these results → Positive punishment is the introduction of an __________ stimulus following a behavior and negative punishment is the withdrawal of a ________ stimulus following a behavior.