7 Written questions
6 Multiple choice questions
- A compound consisting of a nucleoside linked to a phosphate group. Nucleotides form the basic structural unit of nucleic acids such as DNA. Sub-unit of DNA
- cells are growing out of control. The cell cycle us going out of control and causing the cells to divide too quickly. Can be caused by genetics or something else.
- The second stage of cell division, between prophase and anaphase, during which the chromosomes become attached to the spindle fibers
- An unspecialized cell that with the right conditions can be changed into a specialized cell
- DNA-containing structure that carries genetic material from one generation to another
- 1st stage of mitosis, during which the cell's chromatin condenses into chromosomes. The nuclear membrane disappears.
6 True/False questions
Mitosis → 2nd main stage of the cell cycle during which the cells replicated DNA divides and two genetically identical diploid daughter cells are produced
Cytokinesis → 2nd main stage of the cell cycle during which the cells replicated DNA divides and two genetically identical diploid daughter cells are produced
Spindle Fibers (spindle apparatus) → made up of microtubules. Used in cell division to separate the cell chromosomes
DNA → Deoxyribonucleic acid, a self-replicating material present in nearly all living organisms as the main constituent of chromosomes. It is the carrier of genetic information.
Telophase → last stage of mitosis in which nucleoli reappear. two new nuclear membranes begin to form, but the cell has not yet completely divided
Cell Cycle → An unspecialized cell that with the right conditions can be changed into a specialized cell