7 Written questions
6 Multiple choice questions
- 3rd main stage of the cell cycle, during which the cell's cytoplasm divides, creating a new cell
- first stage of the cell cycle, during which a cell grows, matures, and replicates its DNA (gets ready for mitosis)
- cell structure that joins two sister chromatids. Where the spindle fibers connect
- cells are growing out of control. The cell cycle us going out of control and causing the cells to divide too quickly. Can be caused by genetics or something else.
- A compound consisting of a nucleoside linked to a phosphate group. Nucleotides form the basic structural unit of nucleic acids such as DNA. Sub-unit of DNA
- 3rd stage of mitosis in which sister chromatids are pulled apart and microtubules, along with motor proteins, move the chromosomes to opposite poles of the cell
6 True/False questions
Chromosome → Each of the two threadlike strands into which a chromosome divides longitudinally during cell division. Each contains a double helix of DNA
DNA → cells are growing out of control. The cell cycle us going out of control and causing the cells to divide too quickly. Can be caused by genetics or something else.
Carcinogen → A substance capable of causing cancer in living tissue
Cell Cycle → process of cellular reproduction, occurring in three main stages- interphase (growth), mitosis (nuclear division), and cytokinesis (cytoplasm division)
Stem Cell → An unspecialized cell that with the right conditions can be changed into a specialized cell
Spindle Fibers (spindle apparatus) → made up of microtubules. Used in cell division to separate the cell chromosomes