7 Written questions
6 Multiple choice questions
- Deoxyribonucleic acid, a self-replicating material present in nearly all living organisms as the main constituent of chromosomes. It is the carrier of genetic information.
- 1st stage of mitosis, during which the cell's chromatin condenses into chromosomes. The nuclear membrane disappears.
- made up of microtubules. Used in cell division to separate the cell chromosomes
- cells are growing out of control. The cell cycle us going out of control and causing the cells to divide too quickly. Can be caused by genetics or something else.
- cell structure that joins two sister chromatids. Where the spindle fibers connect
- 2nd main stage of the cell cycle during which the cells replicated DNA divides and two genetically identical diploid daughter cells are produced
6 True/False questions
Carcinogen → A substance capable of causing cancer in living tissue
Stem Cell → process of cellular reproduction, occurring in three main stages- interphase (growth), mitosis (nuclear division), and cytokinesis (cytoplasm division)
Nucleotide → A compound consisting of a nucleoside linked to a phosphate group. Nucleotides form the basic structural unit of nucleic acids such as DNA. Sub-unit of DNA
Chromatin → relaxed form of DNA in the nucleus of a cell
Cell Cycle → An unspecialized cell that with the right conditions can be changed into a specialized cell
Chromatid → relaxed form of DNA in the nucleus of a cell