5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Listeria is _____-hemolytic on BAP?
- Corynebacterium is _____-hemolytic on BAP?
- What Gram positive rod is isolated by growth on BAP, Tinsdale/Cystine-Tellurite, and Pai/Loeffler media?
- Which Strep species are Beta hemolytic?
- CAMP/Hippurate: Positive
Gram positive cocci
- a Gamma
- b Group B Strep (S. agalactiae)
- c Beta
- d Corynebacterium diphtheriae
- e -Group A Strep
-Group B Strep
5 Multiple choice questions
- Abiotrophia and Granulicatella
- Bacillus species & Listeria
- -Group B Strep
-Group D Strep - Not Enterococcus
5 True/False questions
What Gram positive rod forms a "Medusa Head" appearance, along with tenacious, ground-glass colonies? → Listeria
What Gram positive rod is Bile Esculin (BEA) positive? → Bacillus species & Listeria
What is the Gram stain appearance of Lactobacillus? → Gram positive rods (chains)
What is the Gram stain appearance of Bacillus species? → Gram positive rods with spores not visible
Immunodiffusion test; line of precipitation forms in test agar when diphtheria toxin interacts with diphtheria toxin → Elek Test