5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Henry Hudson
- Hernando de Soto
- Henry VIII
- Giovanni de Verrazano
- a Italian explorer of the Atlantic coast of North America
- b Spanish explorer who discovered and claimed the Mississippi River for Spain
- c English king who created the Church of England after the Pope refused to annul his marriage (divorce with Church approval)
- d English navigator who discovered the Hudson River
- e A country
5 Multiple choice questions
- English navigator who in 1583 established in Newfoundland the first English colony in North America (1539-1583)
- Tribes of North America who built extensive mounds of dirt, especially in the Mississippi and Ohio River valleys.
- Geological era that occured between ca. 2 million and 11,000 years ago. As a result of climate shifts, large numbers of new species evolved during this period aka Pleistocene epoch
- name for the Massachusetts Bay colony that refers to its tax supported churches and visible saints.
- individual who received legal and exclusive right to a colony
5 True/False questions
Dominion of New England → 1686 James II reorganized New England. Sent Edmund Andros to take charge. Governed w/ an appointive council and superior court
Pocahontas → religious group who settled Pennsylvania - very tolerant and nonviolent
Martin Luther → German monk and leader of the Protestant Reformation
James Olgethorpe → The basic house type of northern Iroquoian peoples such as the HURON and IROQUOIS.
Dutch West India Company → the traits and culture of the Dutch being imprinted into the young minds of the English Separatists