5 Written questions
3 Matching questions
- a pakil, five types of pyramids
- b Although they did not have a system of writing, they developed a system of record keeping with string called quipus (KEE·poos). Using various lengths and colors of string, knotted in special patterns, the quipus carried information about resources such as grain supplies.
- c They were the most important military empire
5 Multiple choice questions
- Biggest city is Tenochtitlan
- Columbia to Argentina to Chile, and their capital was Cuzco
- they were a theocracy, a society ruled by religious leaders.
- No vehicles or horses, everything was carried, network of roads
- Many stone towers
5 True/False questions
Aztec → Developed a system of numbers.
Inca → Although mountainous land is not well suited for farming, they devised ways to produce a steady supply of food. They cut terraces, or broad platforms, into steep slopes so they could plant crops. They built stone walls on the terraces to hold the soil and plants in place. Their farmers grew maize, squash, tomatoes, peanuts, chili peppers, melons, cotton, and potatoes.
Inca → temples on top of pyramids
Aztec → temples on top of pyramids
Maya → Developed hieroglyphs