5 Written questions
3 Matching questions
- a They drained the lake Texcoco and built a city
- b 10,000 miles of stone paved roads, rope bridges, and stone walls.
- c Present day Mexico, Gautemala, Honduras, and Belize
5 Multiple choice questions
- Columbia to Argentina to Chile, and their capital was Cuzco
- New farming techniques
- temples on top of pyramids
- Developed hieroglyphs
- Although mountainous land is not well suited for farming, they devised ways to produce a steady supply of food. They cut terraces, or broad platforms, into steep slopes so they could plant crops. They built stone walls on the terraces to hold the soil and plants in place. Their farmers grew maize, squash, tomatoes, peanuts, chili peppers, melons, cotton, and potatoes.
5 True/False questions
Inca → They built special cities devoted only to religious ceremonies. One such city is Machu Picchu1
Aztec → Many stone towers
Aztec → took everything they could carry from their victims, including maize, cotton cloth, copper, and weapons.
Inca → Believed the gods were visible in stars, sun and moon
Aztec → Believed the gods were visible in stars, sun and moon