5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Mad Anthony Wayne
- Pickney's Treaty
- Farewell Address
- George Washington
- Reign of Terror
- a American general during the American Revolution (1745-1796)
- b free navigation of the Mississippi River; right to deposit goods New Orleans, no customs no more indian attacks
- c Referred to as Washington's Farewell Address. Its main points included: assuming leadership in the Western Hemisphere, developing its own trade, and not entering into permanent alliances with foreign nations, especially with Europe.
- d the historic period (1793-94) during the French Revolution when thousands were executed
- e Virginian, patriot, general, and president. Lived at Mount Vernon. Led the Revolutionary Army in the fight for independence. First President of the United States.
5 Multiple choice questions
- This meant that the federal government would pay off its debs at face value, plus accumulated interest which at the time had a total of $54 million. This included the federal government taking on the debts by the states and paying for it as a country. Hamilton's establishment of this act gave the country much needed unity because it brought the states together under the centralized government. This made paper money essentially useless do to inflation.
- the French king who gave money and troops to help the patriots
- In 1794, farmers in Pennsylvania rebelled against Hamilton's excise tax on whiskey, and several federal officers were killed in the riots caused by their attempts to serve arrest warrants on the offenders. In October, 1794, the army, led by Washington, put down the rebellion. The incident showed that the new government under the Constitution could react swiftly and effectively to such a problem, in contrast to the inability of the government under the Articles of Confederation to deal with Shay's Rebellion.
- the United States would not support either side in the war and Americans could not aid either Britain or France
- native american leader who led native american confederacy against americans in the Battle of Falledn Timbers, chieftain of the miami tribe
5 True/False questions
Battle of Fallen Timbers → a statement of fundamental rights and privileges (especially the first ten amendments to the United States Constitution)
John Jay → United States diplomat and jurist who negotiated peace treaties with Britain and served as the first chief justice of the United States Supreme Court (1745-1829)
Alien Laws → United States diplomat and jurist who negotiated peace treaties with Britain and served as the first chief justice of the United States Supreme Court (1745-1829)
tariff → France and England start to seize American ships; starts an "unofficial war" between America and France; Causes the creation of 33 ships for a navy and ends long treaty with France
Treaty of Greenville → Treaty made after the Battle of Fallen Timbers in which the Native-Americans surrendered their homelands in what is now Ohio. Took almost all of the Ohio away from the Native-Americans.