5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Plastic Prints
- Shoe Prints
- Visible Prints
- a the study of fingerprints
- b Shoe prints can also be left at a scene and can be useful in apprehending a suspect
- c Ridge impressions left on a soft material such as putty, wax, soap, or dust.
- d Made by fingers touching a surface after the ridges have been in contact with a colored material such as blood, paint, grease, or ink.
- e Automated Fingerprint Identification System
5 Multiple choice questions
- opens towards the pinky
- secrete fatty or greasy substances
- was accused of Madrid bombings but fingerprint evidence acquitted him
- The blood vessel patterns may be unique to individuals. They are used for today various security purposes.
- fumes react with oils and fats to produce a temporary yellow brown reaction. Iodine crystals sublime (go directly from solid to vapor).
5 True/False questions
Cyanoacrylate → "super glue" fumes react with water and other fingerprint constituents to form a hard, whitish deposit.
Radial Loop → opens towards the pinky
Thomas Jennings → Shoe prints can also be left at a scene and can be useful in apprehending a suspect
Francesca Rojas → opens towards the thumb
Will West → admitted to Leavenworth Penitentiary, same as William West, another prisoner who had the same appearance and Bertillon measurements