5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Ulnar Loop
- Brandon Mayfield
- Visible Prints
- a Made by fingers touching a surface after the ridges have been in contact with a colored material such as blood, paint, grease, or ink.
- b A plain or central pocket whorl have at least one ridge that makes a complete circuit. A double loop is made of two loops and an accidental is not covered by other categories.
- c was accused of Madrid bombings but fingerprint evidence acquitted him
- d opens towards the pinky
- e fumes react with oils and fats to produce a temporary yellow brown reaction. Iodine crystals sublime (go directly from solid to vapor).
5 Multiple choice questions
- Use of some type of body metrics for the purpose of identification.
- display one of five common patterns: Short Vertical Lines, Long Vertical Lines, Rectangular Lines that may criss-cross, Diamond, and Branching
- Ridge impressions left on a soft material such as putty, wax, soap, or dust.
- an Argentinian police officer, researched the science of fingerprints, corresponded with Galton, then devised his own system of fingerprint classification.
- that are "hidden" and are not visible to the naked eye. These prints consist only of the natural secretions of human skin and require treatment to cause them to become visible.
5 True/False questions
Arch → has friction ridges that enter on one side of the finger and cross to the other side while rising upward in the middle
Ear Prints → A special plastic material rolled from the bottom of the ear to the top produces an ear print that can be developed just like a fingerprint. Ear prints can also be lifted from windows at crime scenes.
Will West → admitted to Leavenworth Penitentiary, same as William West, another prisoner who had the same appearance and Bertillon measurements
Powders → A plain or central pocket whorl have at least one ridge that makes a complete circuit. A double loop is made of two loops and an accidental is not covered by other categories.
Cyanoacrylate → opens towards the pinky