5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Sir Edward Henry
- Thomas Jennings
- Ulnar Loop
- Lip Prints
- a devised a workable classification system independently of Vucetich and implemented it in India in 1897.
- b the study of fingerprints
- c display one of five common patterns: Short Vertical Lines, Long Vertical Lines, Rectangular Lines that may criss-cross, Diamond, and Branching
- d opens towards the pinky
- e first person be convicted using fingerprints in the US
5 Multiple choice questions
- Use of some type of body metrics for the purpose of identification.
- first person to be convicted using fingerprints
- developed the first truly organized system of identifying individuals in 1883
- The blood vessel patterns may be unique to individuals. They are used for today various security purposes.
- must have one or more ridges entering and exiting from the same side it began. Types are Radial and Ulnar
5 True/False questions
Eccrine Gland → largely water with both inorganic (ammonia, chlorides, metal ions, phosphates) and organic compounds (amino acides, lactic acids, urea sugars)
Palms → lines can be identified and may be used against suspects
Bite Marks → unique and can be used to identify suspects. These imprints were placed in gum and could be matched to crime scene evidence.
Juan Vucetich (1858-1925) → first person to be convicted using fingerprints
Footprints → Shoe prints can also be left at a scene and can be useful in apprehending a suspect