5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Sir Edward Henry
- Sebaceous Gland
- Will West
- a Integrated Automated Fingerprint Identification System (FBI's). Police forces can submit samples to be compared to those on this computerized database
- b Use of some type of body metrics for the purpose of identification.
- c devised a workable classification system independently of Vucetich and implemented it in India in 1897.
- d admitted to Leavenworth Penitentiary, same as William West, another prisoner who had the same appearance and Bertillon measurements
- e secrete fatty or greasy substances
5 Multiple choice questions
- has friction ridges that enter on one side of the finger and cross to the other side while rising upward in the middle
- largely water with both inorganic (ammonia, chlorides, metal ions, phosphates) and organic compounds (amino acides, lactic acids, urea sugars)
- A special plastic material rolled from the bottom of the ear to the top produces an ear print that can be developed just like a fingerprint. Ear prints can also be lifted from windows at crime scenes.
- fumes react with oils and fats to produce a temporary yellow brown reaction. Iodine crystals sublime (go directly from solid to vapor).
- secrete cytoplasm and nuclear materials
5 True/False questions
Palms → lines can be identified and may be used against suspects
Radial Loop → opens towards the pinky
Francesca Rojas → opens towards the thumb
Loop → must have one or more ridges entering and exiting from the same side it began. Types are Radial and Ulnar
Alphonse Bertillon → Shoe prints can also be left at a scene and can be useful in apprehending a suspect