5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Shoe Prints
- Will West
- Ear Prints
- a must have one or more ridges entering and exiting from the same side it began. Types are Radial and Ulnar
- b A special plastic material rolled from the bottom of the ear to the top produces an ear print that can be developed just like a fingerprint. Ear prints can also be lifted from windows at crime scenes.
- c the study of fingerprints
- d Shoe prints can also be left at a scene and can be useful in apprehending a suspect
- e admitted to Leavenworth Penitentiary, same as William West, another prisoner who had the same appearance and Bertillon measurements
5 Multiple choice questions
- opens towards the pinky
- Automated Fingerprint Identification System
- A plain or central pocket whorl have at least one ridge that makes a complete circuit. A double loop is made of two loops and an accidental is not covered by other categories.
- fumes react with oils and fats to produce a temporary yellow brown reaction. Iodine crystals sublime (go directly from solid to vapor).
- an Argentinian police officer, researched the science of fingerprints, corresponded with Galton, then devised his own system of fingerprint classification.
5 True/False questions
Lip Prints → display one of five common patterns: Short Vertical Lines, Long Vertical Lines, Rectangular Lines that may criss-cross, Diamond, and Branching
Iodine → Integrated Automated Fingerprint Identification System (FBI's). Police forces can submit samples to be compared to those on this computerized database
Plastic Prints → Ridge impressions left on a soft material such as putty, wax, soap, or dust.
Arch → has friction ridges that enter on one side of the finger and cross to the other side while rising upward in the middle
Apocrine Gland → secrete cytoplasm and nuclear materials