5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Examples of stress related problems include
- Planning: goals and outcomes
- Domestic Abuse: Honeymoon: Stage III
- Least likely to be depressed
- a Prioritize the highest problem that is causing stress, Utilize collaborative care, Multidisciplinary approach, View patient holistically, Inform of potential resources, Group counseling sessions
Consultations, Individual therapy
- b Men 15-24 yo, African American, High income, HS + education, Rural
- c Anxiety, Care giver role strain, Compromised family coping, Ineffective coping, Fear, Chronic pain, Post-trauma syndromes.
- d See loving behaviors as the "real" person and tries to make up.
Wants to believe it will never happen again.
Feels that if she stays he will get help
Thought of leaving makes her feel guilty.
Believes in the permanency of the relationship and gets trapped.
- e Neurochemical, physical,
5 Multiple choice questions
- A suicide gesture or threat should never be ignored
The child should be encouraged to discuss the thought
The health care provider should try to determine whether the child has a plan and the lethality of the plan
Help from a qualified health care professional should be obtained
- learn skills that reduce physiological response to stress.
Regular exercise, support systems, muscle relaxation, cognitive therapy, assertiveness training, stress management in the workplace.
- a behavior or activity to change or manage a situation that the person feels is potentially harmful or dangerous.
Adaptive and recovery of health. Palliative or temporary relief.
- Recognize clues to abuse in assessment
Provide privacy for interview
Convey that others are willing to help
Reiterate survivor did not cause or deserve abuse
Convey survivor has worth, dignity
Acknowledge fear, ambivalence
Do not rush or coerce; support trials of counseling
- increase resistance to stress.
Setting realistic goals
Increase coping skills and use relaxation strategies to decrease physiological arousal. (health promotion)
5 True/False questions
Domestic Abuse: Phase 1"Tension Building" (MAN) → Excessively high expectation of the partner.
Blames partner for anything that goes wrong.
Does not try to control behaviors
Aware of inappropriate behaviors but does not admit to it.
Verbal and physical abuse increase.
Afraid partner will leave
Frantic and more controlling
Process of Anxiety → Stressor, Anxiety, Coping
Most likely to be depressed → Women 35-44yo, Caucasian/Hispanic, low income, <HS diploma, Urban
Depression: Key interventions → Accept patient; focus on strengths
Reinforce efforts to make decisions
For severe indecision, nurse makes decision
Never reinforce hallucinations/delusions
Spend time with withdrawn patients
Provide activities designed for success
Medications as prescribed by provider.
Major depressive disorder → Condition of chronicity
Symptoms lasting 2 years or more
Depressed mood more than happy mood.