5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Kazimir has missed another deadline and his boss Carla is furious. She will have to explain to the client again why the project is behind. Carla thinks she may say something she'll regret if she talks to Kazimir about this now, so she decides to wait awhile. Carla is using the ______ conflict-handling style.
- When using a self-managed team, a manager should
A. maintain detailed monitoring of its performance.
B. create the team within whatever structure currently exists.
C. offer lucrative individual bonuses.
D. allow members to hire their own co-workers.
E. provide elaborate retreats for team discussions.
- Which of the following is characteristic of work groups with too little conflict?
C. Political infighting
D. Lack of teamwork
- ______ is designed to elicit different opinions without inciting people's personal feelings.
B. Programmed conflict
C. Social loafing
E. Dysfunctional conflict
- Since hard feelings about group leadership and assignments had passed, Phillip's group seemed to be relating much better. At the meeting tomorrow he should
A. help the team identify group goals and values.
B. encourage members to voice disagreements.
C. help people get to know each other.
D. empower the members.
E. throw a party.
- a B. Indecision
- b A. help the team identify group goals and values.
- c B. Programmed conflict
- d A. avoiding
- e D. allow members to hire their own co-workers.
5 Multiple choice questions
- D. groupthink.
- E. The dialectic method
- B. formal group.
- D. Can take advantage of division of labor
- A. "Why are we here?"
5 True/False questions
Building collaborative teams is aided by combining role clarity with
A. task ambiguity.
C. flexible performance standards.
D. challenges to norms.
E. devil's advocacy. → C. implementing change
A ______ role is behavior that concentrates on getting the team's work done.
E. production → D. Violence
Which of the following is an advantage of smaller groups?
A. Fewer distractions
B. More formalized team leadership
C. More creativity and innovation
D. More division of labor
E. Better interaction and morale → A. Unfair work distribution
Which of the following is NOT a benefit of teamwork in an organization?
A. Increased speed
B. Decreased stress
C. Reduced costs
D. Improved workplace cohesiveness
E. Reduced destructive internal competition → B. Decreased stress
Which of the following is a source of conflict in the workplace?
A. Excessive communication
B. Strict job boundaries
C. Too many resources
D. Lack of diversity
E. Inconsistent goals → B. To create a written document of behavioral guidelines for new employees