5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- When issues causing conflict are trivial, or when emotions are high and a cooling-off period would be helpful, which conflict-handling style is preferable?
- The ______ stage of team development is characterized by the emergence of individual personalities and roles and conflicts within the group.
- Someone at a team meeting who says, "Let's hear from those who oppose this plan" is performing a ______ role.
- A data processing group is an example of a(n)
A. routine team.
B. action team.
C. advice team.
D. production team.
E. project team.
- Beth organized several teachers to discuss the school painting scheduled for summer. They looked at several brands, and heard a presentation by a designer who then helped them choose a color palette to recommend to school administrators. In this instance, the teachers make up a(n)
A. self-managed team.
B. virtual team.
C. cross-functional team.
D. informal group.
E. formal group.
- a A. maintenance
- b D. Avoiding
- c D. production team.
- d E. storming
- e E. formal group.
5 Multiple choice questions
- A. Project team
- A. help the team identify group goals and values.
- D. action team.
- A. task ambiguity.
- C. social loafing.
5 True/False questions
Which of the following is a way managers can enhance team cohesiveness?
A. Giving every group member a vital role
B. Providing team members precise instructions for their tasks
C. Creating a relatively large team
D. Assigning members randomly to teams
E. Allowing off-the-job social events → E. Allowing off-the-job social events
In which of the following conditions should constructive conflict be stimulated?
A. The group seems to be apathetic.
B. Managers want to achieve work objectives.
C. The group is adapting to change.
D. Managers are in charge of self-managed teams.
E. There is a lot of internal competition. → A. The group seems to be apathetic.
Which of the following is NOT a reason to enforce norms?
A. To clarify role expectations
B. To create a written document of behavioral guidelines for new employees
C. To help the group survive
D. To emphasize the group's important values
E. To help individuals avoid embarrassing situations → D. Can take advantage of division of labor
Sasha told her team that she is moving forward with a change to the bonus structure, despite vocal objections from several team members. Sasha is using the ______ conflict-handling style.
E. accommodating → D. forcing
Negative conflict is sometimes called ______ conflict.
E. apathetic → A. dysfunctional