5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- When members of a group are friendly and tight-knit but unable to disagree enough to properly appraise alternatives, they are said to be experiencing
A. paradigm paralysis.
C. social loafing.
D. the dialectic method.
E. devil's advocacy.
- The stage during which a group sets guidelines about issues like attendance and punctuality is the ______ stage.
- Which of the following is a disadvantage of larger groups?
A. Less creativity and innovation
B. Less commitment
C. More division of labor
D. Fewer resources
E. Fewer cliques
- The ______ stage of team development is characterized by the emergence of individual personalities and roles and conflicts within the group.
- Which of the following is an advantage of larger groups?
A. Higher morale
B. More effective interaction
C. Greater boldness
D. Can take advantage of division of labor
E. Less social loafing
- a B. groupthink.
- b B. Less commitment
- c A. norming
- d E. storming
- e D. Can take advantage of division of labor
5 Multiple choice questions
- A. "Why are we here?"
- D. groupthink.
- B. norming
- B. problem-solving team.
- C. social loafing.
5 True/False questions
Which of the following is an important aspect when creating a self-managed team?
A. Lessen the authority and autonomy that is granted
B. Require participation to be outside of normal working hours
C. Allow workers to simply do their own thing
D. Use team bonuses
E. Require voluntary only membership → D. Use team bonuses
Which of the following is NOT a benefit of teamwork in an organization?
A. Increased speed
B. Decreased stress
C. Reduced costs
D. Improved workplace cohesiveness
E. Reduced destructive internal competition → E. Inconsistent goals
Sasha told her team that she is moving forward with a change to the bonus structure, despite vocal objections from several team members. Sasha is using the ______ conflict-handling style.
E. accommodating → D. forcing
Which of the following is a manifestation of excessive conflict in the workplace?
B. Lack of creativity
C. Missed deadlines
E. Indecision → D. Violence
Hannah is on a team with Carson, and they are often in conflict. Hannah likes to begin her work with careful planning and she gets started immediately. Carson, on the other hand, likes trying out several ideas, and tends to be working frantically at the last minute. Their team conflict most likely stems from
A. time pressure.
B. a personality clash.
C. communication failure.
D. ambiguous jurisdictions.
E. inconsistent goals. → B. a personality clash.