5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- In the performing stage of group development, members
A. prepare for disbandment.
B. develop close relationships.
C. concentrate on solving problems.
D. test the leader's policies.
E. hold back to see what will happen.
- Beth organized several teachers to discuss the school painting scheduled for summer. They looked at several brands, and heard a presentation by a designer who then helped them choose a color palette to recommend to school administrators. In this instance, the teachers make up a(n)
A. self-managed team.
B. virtual team.
C. cross-functional team.
D. informal group.
E. formal group.
- Which of the following is an important aspect when creating a self-managed team?
A. Lessen the authority and autonomy that is granted
B. Require participation to be outside of normal working hours
C. Allow workers to simply do their own thing
D. Use team bonuses
E. Require voluntary only membership
- Pam sat through the meeting feeling convinced her team was misinterpreting recent marketing research, but she didn't say anything. The team leader was a close friend. Plus, she didn't want to disrupt the team since she thought she was the only one with reservations. Pam's team appears to be experiencing
C. social loafing.
E. devil's advocacy.
- Keith asked Becky, one of his team members, to purposefully think of and voice criticisms as the group discussed a popular idea to open a branch office in another state. This is an example of the use of
A. devil's advocacy.
C. the dialectic method.
E. dysfunctional conflict.
- a E. formal group.
- b C. concentrate on solving problems.
- c D. Use team bonuses
- d A. groupthink.
- e A. devil's advocacy.
5 Multiple choice questions
- C. group cohesiveness.
- A. dysfunctional
- D. Violence
- E. virtual team.
- E. Group cohesiveness
5 True/False questions
Peer pressure which leads group members to question the loyalty of other members who express dissent is a symptom of
A. social loafing.
C. devil's advocacy.
E. storming. → A. roles
Who are typical members of continuous improvement teams?
A. Workers and supervisors
B. Supervisors and managers
C. Managers and agents representing competitors
D. Outside suppliers
E. Customers and suppliers → B. A type of advice team
The question the group is asking during the forming stage of group development is
A. "Why are we here?"
B. "What's next?"
C. "Can we do the job properly?"
D. "Why are we fighting about who does what?"
E. "Can we agree on roles and work as a team?" → D. "What do the others expect me to do?"
Which of the following is NOT a benefit of teamwork in an organization?
A. Increased speed
B. Decreased stress
C. Reduced costs
D. Improved workplace cohesiveness
E. Reduced destructive internal competition → B. Decreased stress
Kazimir has missed another deadline and his boss Carla is furious. She will have to explain to the client again why the project is behind. Carla thinks she may say something she'll regret if she talks to Kazimir about this now, so she decides to wait awhile. Carla is using the ______ conflict-handling style.
E. accommodating → E. group.