5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Which of the following is a disadvantage of smaller groups?
A. Unfair work distribution
B. Autocratic leadership
C. Lower morale
D. Tendency to form cliques
E. Tendency to take unreasonable risk
- In the performing stage of group development, members
A. prepare for disbandment.
B. develop close relationships.
C. concentrate on solving problems.
D. test the leader's policies.
E. hold back to see what will happen.
- Which of the following is the best way to manage virtual teams?
A. Focus on what is accomplished, not hours or locations.
B. When beginning with a virtual team, set the final deadline and reprimand any virtual team members who don't make the deadline.
C. Because you don't have face-to-face contact, relay instructions via phone.
D. Require each team member to keep their own personal record of the work that's been done as a team.
E. Utilize employees on a global team around the clock.
- The group development stage in which individuals test the leader's policies and assumptions as they try to determine how they fit into the power structure is the ______ stage.
- In managing virtual workers, a manager should
A. give directions only by phone or in person.
B. make sure the worker is keeping to a fixed schedule of hours.
C. let employees work using their own expectations of how to do their jobs.
D. meet regularly, face to face.
E. initiate change quickly.
- a C. concentrate on solving problems.
- b A. Focus on what is accomplished, not hours or locations.
- c A. storming
- d D. meet regularly, face to face.
- e A. Unfair work distribution
5 Multiple choice questions
- D. allow members to hire their own co-workers.
- B. task
- A. task ambiguity.
- E. Better interaction and morale
- C. bring in outside experts for fresh perspectives.
5 True/False questions
In which of the following conditions should constructive conflict be stimulated?
A. The group seems to be apathetic.
B. Managers want to achieve work objectives.
C. The group is adapting to change.
D. Managers are in charge of self-managed teams.
E. There is a lot of internal competition. → D. Violence
During the ______ stage of team development, close relationships develop and unity and harmony emerge.
E. adjourning → D. "Can we do the job properly?"
Beth organized several teachers to discuss the school painting scheduled for summer. They looked at several brands, and heard a presentation by a designer who then helped them choose a color palette to recommend to school administrators. In this instance, the teachers make up a(n)
A. self-managed team.
B. virtual team.
C. cross-functional team.
D. informal group.
E. formal group. → E. formal group.
Which of the following is an advantage of larger groups?
A. Higher morale
B. More effective interaction
C. Greater boldness
D. Can take advantage of division of labor
E. Less social loafing → D. Can take advantage of division of labor
During the performing stage of team development, the group answers the question
A. "Can we agree on roles and work as a team?"
B. "Why are we here?"
C. "Why are we fighting?"
D. "Can we do the job properly?"
E. "Who's in charge?" → B. norming