5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Which of the following is a manifestation of excessive conflict in the workplace?
B. Lack of creativity
C. Missed deadlines
- The atmosphere in the room was tense and somewhat negative as the management team discussed changes to promotion requirements. But then Eterio made a joke about Ryan's white-knuckled grip on his pen, and the laughter seemed to improve the mood. Eterio was acting in a ______ role.
- Kazimir has missed another deadline and his boss Carla is furious. She will have to explain to the client again why the project is behind. Carla thinks she may say something she'll regret if she talks to Kazimir about this now, so she decides to wait awhile. Carla is using the ______ conflict-handling style.
- Someone at a team meeting who says, "Let's hear from those who oppose this plan" is performing a ______ role.
- Which of the following is NOT a benefit of teamwork in an organization?
A. Increased speed
B. Decreased stress
C. Reduced costs
D. Improved workplace cohesiveness
E. Reduced destructive internal competition
- a D. Violence
- b A. maintenance
- c A. avoiding
- d C. maintenance
- e B. Decreased stress
5 Multiple choice questions
- D. action team.
- B. accommodating.
- A. Workers and supervisors
- E. Inconsistent goals
- A. have an awards ceremony.
5 True/False questions
The question individuals ask during the norming stage of group development is
A. "How do I fit in here?"
B. "What's next?"
C. "How can I best perform my role?"
D. "What do the others expect me to do?"
E. "What's my role here?" → D. "What do the others expect me to do?"
In managing virtual workers, a manager should
A. give directions only by phone or in person.
B. make sure the worker is keeping to a fixed schedule of hours.
C. let employees work using their own expectations of how to do their jobs.
D. meet regularly, face to face.
E. initiate change quickly. → D. meet regularly, face to face.
When members of a group are friendly and tight-knit but unable to disagree enough to properly appraise alternatives, they are said to be experiencing
A. paradigm paralysis.
C. social loafing.
D. the dialectic method.
E. devil's advocacy. → D. Avoiding
Negative conflict is sometimes called ______ conflict.
E. apathetic → B. Collaborating
Which of the following is an advantage of larger groups?
A. Higher morale
B. More effective interaction
C. Greater boldness
D. Can take advantage of division of labor
E. Less social loafing → D. Can take advantage of division of labor