5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- In managing virtual workers, a manager should
A. give directions only by phone or in person.
B. make sure the worker is keeping to a fixed schedule of hours.
C. let employees work using their own expectations of how to do their jobs.
D. meet regularly, face to face.
E. initiate change quickly.
- During the ______ stage of team development, close relationships develop and unity and harmony emerge.
- Two or more freely interacting individuals who share collective norms, share collective goals, and have a common identity are called a
B. self-managing work team.
C. collaborative unit.
D. quality circle.
- Which of the following is true of informal groups?
A. Informal groups can advance the plans of formal groups.
B. A temporary committee is an example of an informal group.
C. Members of an informal group are assigned to it by the skills they possess.
D. Informal groups have appointed leaders.
E. Informal groups are primarily created to solve an organization problem
- Which of the following is an advantage of larger groups?
A. Higher morale
B. More effective interaction
C. Greater boldness
D. Can take advantage of division of labor
E. Less social loafing
- a A. Informal groups can advance the plans of formal groups.
- b D. Can take advantage of division of labor
- c D. meet regularly, face to face.
- d E. group.
- e B. norming
5 Multiple choice questions
- A. Project team
- D. "What do the others expect me to do?"
- C. conflict is at a moderate level.
- A. Unfair work distribution
- E. accommodating
5 True/False questions
______ is designed to elicit different opinions without inciting people's personal feelings.
B. Programmed conflict
C. Social loafing
E. Dysfunctional conflict → B. Programmed conflict
Which of the following is the best way to manage virtual teams?
A. Focus on what is accomplished, not hours or locations.
B. When beginning with a virtual team, set the final deadline and reprimand any virtual team members who don't make the deadline.
C. Because you don't have face-to-face contact, relay instructions via phone.
D. Require each team member to keep their own personal record of the work that's been done as a team.
E. Utilize employees on a global team around the clock. → A. Unfair work distribution
A team composed of people from different departments who are pursuing a common objective is called a
A. quality circle.
B. problem-solving team.
C. cross-functional team.
D. virtual team.
E. work force. → C. cross-functional team.
During the forming stage, the leader should
A. establish permanent control.
B. allow people to socialize.
C. empower team members.
D. encourage disagreement.
E. work through team conflicts. → C. concentrate on solving problems.
Peer pressure which leads group members to question the loyalty of other members who express dissent is a symptom of
A. social loafing.
C. devil's advocacy.
E. storming. → A. norming