5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- The term hypercapnia refers to
- Large airborne particles are filtered by
- Inhaling through the nostrils is preferred over the mouth because
- They branch from the trachea at the carina.
- The actual sites of gas exchange within the lungs are
- a hairs in the nasal vestibule
- b it allows better conditioning of the inhaled air.
- c elevated PCO2.
- d primary bronchi
- e alveoli.
5 Multiple choice questions
- the volume of the thorax increases.
- 45 mm Hg
- Tidal volume
5 True/False questions
The pneumotaxic center of the pons → elevated PCO2.
Blockage of pulmonary blood flow by a clot or similar obstruction is → pulmonary embolism
The laryngeal cartilage not composed of hyaline cartilage is the → epiglottis
Asthma is → an acute condition resulting from unusually sensitive, irritated conducting airways
Alveolar ventilation refers to the → elevated PCO2.