5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- The following is a list of some airways.
1. secondary bronchus
3. alveolar ducts
4. primary bronchus
5. respiratory bronchiole
7. terminal bronchiole
The order in which air passes through is
- Components of the upper respiratory system include all of the following, except the
- Inhaling through the nostrils is preferred over the mouth because
- The larynx, trachea, bronchi, and bronchioles all make up the
- An acute infection of the throat that can lead to swelling and closure of the glottis and cause suffocation is known as
- a 4, 1, 2, 7, 5, 3, 6
- b lips
- c acute epiglottitis
- d lower respiratory tract
- e it allows better conditioning of the inhaled air.
5 Multiple choice questions
- suppresses the expiratory center in the medulla
- movement of air into and out of the alveoli.
5 True/False questions
Asthma is → elevated PCO2.
They branch from the trachea at the carina. → primary bronchi
When the diaphragm and external intercostal muscles contract, → suppresses the expiratory center in the medulla
________ is the amount of air that moves into the respiratory system during a single respiratory cycle. → oropharynx
The condition resulting from inadequate production of surfactant and the resultant collapse of alveoli is → respiratory distress syndrome.