5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Components of the upper respiratory system include all of the following, except the
- Primary bronchi are to ________ as secondary bronchi are to ________.
- The laryngeal cartilage not composed of hyaline cartilage is the
- Air entering the body is filtered, warmed, and humidified by the
- The pneumotaxic center of the pons
- a epiglottis
- b lips
- c extrapulmonary bronchi; intrapulmonary bronchi
- d suppresses the expiratory center in the medulla
- e upper respiratory tract.
5 Multiple choice questions
- elevated PCO2.
- pulmonary embolism
- an acute condition resulting from unusually sensitive, irritated conducting airways
5 True/False questions
The larynx, trachea, bronchi, and bronchioles all make up the → epiglottis
Inhaling through the nostrils is preferred over the mouth because → movement of air into and out of the alveoli.
The respiratory epithelium of the conducting airways consists of → alveoli.
The partial pressure of carbon dioxide in the interstitial space of peripheral tissues is approximately → epiglottis
The process by which dissolved gases are exchanged between the blood and interstitial fluids is → alveoli.