5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- The unit of measurement for pressure preferred by many respiratory therapists is
- The process by which dissolved gases are exchanged between the blood and interstitial fluids is
- Which of the following organs is not part of the lower respiratory system?
- Blockage of pulmonary blood flow by a clot or similar obstruction is
- The following is a list of some airways.
1. secondary bronchus
3. alveolar ducts
4. primary bronchus
5. respiratory bronchiole
7. terminal bronchiole
The order in which air passes through is
- a pulmonary embolism
- b oropharynx
- c torr.
- d internal respiration
- e 4, 1, 2, 7, 5, 3, 6
5 Multiple choice questions
- primary bronchi
- an acute condition resulting from unusually sensitive, irritated conducting airways
- 45 mm Hg
- hairs in the nasal vestibule
5 True/False questions
The pneumotaxic center of the pons → suppresses the expiratory center in the medulla
The condition resulting from inadequate production of surfactant and the resultant collapse of alveoli is → torr.
________ is the amount of air that moves into the respiratory system during a single respiratory cycle. → Tidal volume
Air entering the body is filtered, warmed, and humidified by the → upper respiratory tract.
An acute infection of the throat that can lead to swelling and closure of the glottis and cause suffocation is known as → upper respiratory tract.