5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- The larynx, trachea, bronchi, and bronchioles all make up the
- When the diaphragm and external intercostal muscles contract,
- The following is a list of some airways.
1. secondary bronchus
3. alveolar ducts
4. primary bronchus
5. respiratory bronchiole
7. terminal bronchiole
The order in which air passes through is
- Inhaling through the nostrils is preferred over the mouth because
- They branch from the trachea at the carina.
- a it allows better conditioning of the inhaled air.
- b primary bronchi
- c the volume of the thorax increases.
- d 4, 1, 2, 7, 5, 3, 6
- e lower respiratory tract
5 Multiple choice questions
- elevated PCO2.
- suppresses the expiratory center in the medulla
- pulmonary embolism
- 45 mm Hg
- upper respiratory tract.
5 True/False questions
Primary bronchi are to ________ as secondary bronchi are to ________. → primary bronchi
The laryngeal cartilage not composed of hyaline cartilage is the → epiglottis
The respiratory epithelium of the conducting airways consists of → pseudostratified ciliated columnar epithelium.
Components of the upper respiratory system include all of the following, except the → lips
Large airborne particles are filtered by → elevated PCO2.