5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Decompression sickness is a painful condition that develops when a person is exposed to a sudden drop in atmospheric pressure. Bubbles of ________ gas are responsible for the problem.
- The term hypercapnia refers to
- Asthma is
- Primary bronchi are to ________ as secondary bronchi are to ________.
- Components of the upper respiratory system include all of the following, except the
- a extrapulmonary bronchi; intrapulmonary bronchi
- b lips
- c elevated PCO2.
- d an acute condition resulting from unusually sensitive, irritated conducting airways
- e nitrogen
5 Multiple choice questions
- upper respiratory tract.
- 4, 1, 2, 7, 5, 3, 6
- lower respiratory tract
- bound to hemoglobin.
- the volume of the thorax increases.
5 True/False questions
________ is the amount of air that moves into the respiratory system during a single respiratory cycle. → oropharynx
Inhaling through the nostrils is preferred over the mouth because → it allows better conditioning of the inhaled air.
The unit of measurement for pressure preferred by many respiratory therapists is → oropharynx
An acute infection of the throat that can lead to swelling and closure of the glottis and cause suffocation is known as → it allows better conditioning of the inhaled air.
The actual sites of gas exchange within the lungs are → suppresses the expiratory center in the medulla