5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- When the diaphragm and external intercostal muscles contract,
- The larynx, trachea, bronchi, and bronchioles all make up the
- Large airborne particles are filtered by
- The laryngeal cartilage not composed of hyaline cartilage is the
- The pneumotaxic center of the pons
- a lower respiratory tract
- b hairs in the nasal vestibule
- c suppresses the expiratory center in the medulla
- d epiglottis
- e the volume of the thorax increases.
5 Multiple choice questions
- respiratory distress syndrome.
- bound to hemoglobin.
- Tidal volume
- upper respiratory tract.
5 True/False questions
The respiratory epithelium of the conducting airways consists of → pseudostratified ciliated columnar epithelium.
The process by which dissolved gases are exchanged between the blood and interstitial fluids is → alveoli.
Primary bronchi are to ________ as secondary bronchi are to ________. → extrapulmonary bronchi; intrapulmonary bronchi
The term hypercapnia refers to → elevated PCO2.
Alveolar ventilation refers to the → movement of air into and out of the alveoli.