adjective, noun, plural -ar•ies.
1. used or adapted for setting property on fire
2. of or pertaining to the criminal setting on fire of property.
3. tending to arouse strife, sedition, etc.; inflammatory
4. tending to inflame the senses
5. a person who deliberately sets fire to buildings or other property, as an arsonist.
6. Military . a shell, bomb, or grenade containing napalm, thermite, or some other substance that burns with an intense heat.
7. a person who stirs up strife, sedition, etc.; an agitator.