5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- a refers to the number of sets of chromosomes a cell (nucleus) possesses
- b chromatin is arranged into units called...
- c a site found within the centromere of the chromosome; associates with the mitotic spindle during cell division
- d when a chromosome is replicated it is said to be composed of two sister...
- e normally begins with a diploid nucleus (2N) and results in two diploid nuclei.
5 Multiple choice questions
- the first phase of mitosis and is composed of four processes
- The replicated centrosomes centrosomes migrate to opposite poles and a system of microtubules forms
- the second phase of mitosis contains only one process
- the cell elongate and the chromosomes are pulled apart. Cytoplasm is distributed evenly
- Chromatin condenses into discrete chromosomes
5 True/False questions
Second phase of anaphase → the duplicated chromosomes separates into sister chromatids.
centromere → center of the chromosome
cleavage furrows → found within eukaryotic cells; composed of a cluster of 8 histones
nuclesome core → found within eukaryotic cells; composed of two molecules of H2A, H2B, H3, AND H4
Binary Fission Step 1 → DNA replication has produced two identical chromosomes. Cell wall and plasma membrane begin to grow inward.