5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- nuclesome core
- Third process of prophase
- Process of metaphase
- a individual centromeres of the duplicated chromosomes line up along the equatorial plane
- b found within eukaryotic cells; composed of a cluster of 8 histones
- c refers to the number of sets of chromosomes a cell (nucleus) possesses
- d a site found within the centromere of the chromosome; associates with the mitotic spindle during cell division
- e The replicated centrosomes centrosomes migrate to opposite poles and a system of microtubules forms
5 Multiple choice questions
- when a chromosome is replicated it is said to be composed of two sister...
- Chromatin condenses into discrete chromosomes
- the short arm of a eukaryotic chromosome
- normally begins with a diploid nucleus (2N) and results in two diploid nuclei.
- division of the cytoplasm
5 True/False questions
Anaphase → the first phase of mitosis and is composed of four processes
binary fission → simple process that only occurs within prokaryotic cells.
cell plate → the fourth phase of mitosis; involves four processes
prophase → the fourth phase of mitosis; involves four processes
nucleosomes → found within eukaryotic cells; composed of a cluster of 8 histones