5 Written questions
4 Matching questions
- Thomas Green
- Battle of Sabine Pass I
- Battle of Galveston II
- Battle of Palmito Ranch
- a He helped Zachary Taylor capture Mexico City
- b This battle resulted in a Union victory that enabled Union forces to make incursions into the interior of Texas and Louisiana.
- c During this Battle of Galveston there were 600 Confederate casualties.
- d This was the last battle of the Civil War and occurred after General Lee's surrender.
5 Multiple choice questions
- With this battle, the Confederates started and ended the Civil War victoriously.
- The Confederate forces captured 3 of the Union boats.
- This former Texas Governor has a city named in his honor
- Passed in 1862, it gave 160 acres of public land to any settler who would farm the land for five years.
- Galveston was first captured by Union forces in 1862 when the Confederate forces withdrew from the island during a 4 four day truce.
5 True/False questions
Thomas Green → Ironically, he was killed in Civil War battle by cannon fire.
John Magruder → He became known as the "Old Roman" who had sacrificed his political future for the good of the state of Texas
Battle of Sabine Pass II → The Confederate gunners were able force back the Union flotilla sent to land at Fort Griffin and destroy it.
John Bell Hood → He became known as the "Old Roman" who had sacrificed his political future for the good of the state of Texas
Battle of Sabine Pass I → Union gunboats won this battle on the Sabine River through superior range and accuracy of their cannon and mortars.