5 Written questions
4 Matching questions
- Francis Lubbock
- Battle of Palmito Ranch
- Battle of Galveston II
- Battle of Sabine Pass I
- a This battle resulted in a Union victory that enabled Union forces to make incursions into the interior of Texas and Louisiana.
- b During this Battle of Galveston there were 600 Confederate casualties.
- c This was the last battle of the Civil War and occurred after General Lee's surrender.
- d This former Texas Governor has a city named in his honor
5 Multiple choice questions
- He operated the only cannons in Sam Houston's Army during the Texas Revolution
- He helped Zachary Taylor capture Mexico City
- He became known as the "Old Roman" who had sacrificed his political future for the good of the state of Texas
- He had his Texas Brigade named after him
- Galveston was first captured by Union forces in 1862 when the Confederate forces withdrew from the island during a 4 four day truce.
5 True/False questions
John Reagan → This U.S. Military Academy graduate's greatest feat was the recapture of Galveston from Union forces.
John Bell Hood → After graduating from the U.S. Military Academy he was transferred to the 2nd Calvary in Texas
Battle of Galveston II → A four day truce/cease fire was agreed on after a brief exchange of fire between Union ships and Confederate Forts
Thomas Green → Ironically, he was killed in Civil War battle by cannon fire.
Battle of Palmito Ranch → This battle was a multicultural affair because it involved Native-American, African-American, Hispanic-American and Anglo-Americans.