5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Battle of Galveston I
- John Reagan
- John Magruder
- Battle of Palmito Ranch
- Thomas Green
- a He operated the only cannons in Sam Houston's Army during the Texas Revolution
- b This U.S. Military Academy graduate's greatest feat was the recapture of Galveston from Union forces.
- c This battle was a multicultural affair because it involved Native-American, African-American, Hispanic-American and Anglo-Americans.
- d Galveston was first captured by Union forces in 1862 when the Confederate forces withdrew from the island during a 4 four day truce.
- e He was a Texas representative in the U.S. House of Representatives before and after the Civil War
5 Multiple choice questions
- He became known as the "Old Roman" who had sacrificed his political future for the good of the state of Texas
- This was the last battle of the Civil War and occurred after General Lee's surrender.
- He helped Zachary Taylor capture Mexico City
- This former Texas Governor has a city named in his honor
- Passed in 1862, it gave 160 acres of public land to any settler who would farm the land for five years.
5 True/False questions
Battle of Sabine Pass II → The Confederate gunners were able force back the Union flotilla sent to land at Fort Griffin and destroy it.
Battle of Sabine Pass I → The Confederate gunners were able force back the Union flotilla sent to land at Fort Griffin and destroy it.
Battle of Galveston II → During this Battle of Galveston there were 600 Confederate casualties.
Battle of Palmito Ranch → With this battle, the Confederates started and ended the Civil War victoriously.
John Bell Hood → He was a Texas representative in the U.S. House of Representatives before and after the Civil War