5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- John Bell Hood
- Thomas Green
- Battle of Palmito Ranch
- Battle of Galveston I
- Battle of Galveston II
- a The Confederate forces captured 3 of the Union boats.
- b Ironically, he was killed in Civil War battle by cannon fire.
- c He had his Texas Brigade named after him
- d A four day truce/cease fire was agreed on after a brief exchange of fire between Union ships and Confederate Forts
- e This was the last battle of the Civil War and occurred after General Lee's surrender.
5 Multiple choice questions
- The Confederate gunners were able force back the Union flotilla sent to land at Fort Griffin and destroy it.
- Union gunboats won this battle on the Sabine River through superior range and accuracy of their cannon and mortars.
- He was a Texas representative in the U.S. House of Representatives before and after the Civil War
- This battle was a multicultural affair because it involved Native-American, African-American, Hispanic-American and Anglo-Americans.
- Passed in 1862, it gave 160 acres of public land to any settler who would farm the land for five years.
5 True/False questions
Francis Lubbock → He had his Texas Brigade named after him
Francis Lubbock → He was Treasurer of the state of Texas after Reconstruction
John Bell Hood → After graduating from the U.S. Military Academy he was transferred to the 2nd Calvary in Texas
Battle of Palmito Ranch → With this battle, the Confederates started and ended the Civil War victoriously.
Battle of Galveston II → A four day truce/cease fire was agreed on after a brief exchange of fire between Union ships and Confederate Forts