5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- John Reagan
- Thomas Green
- Battle of Galveston I
- Battle of Galveston II
- Battle of Palmito Ranch
- a The Confederate forces captured 3 of the Union boats.
- b Ironically, he was killed in Civil War battle by cannon fire.
- c This was the last battle of the Civil War and occurred after General Lee's surrender.
- d He became known as the "Old Roman" who had sacrificed his political future for the good of the state of Texas
- e Galveston was first captured by Union forces in 1862 when the Confederate forces withdrew from the island during a 4 four day truce.
5 Multiple choice questions
- Union gunboats won this battle on the Sabine River through superior range and accuracy of their cannon and mortars.
- A four day truce/cease fire was agreed on after a brief exchange of fire between Union ships and Confederate Forts
- This battle was a multicultural affair because it involved Native-American, African-American, Hispanic-American and Anglo-Americans.
- This battle resulted in a Union victory that enabled Union forces to make incursions into the interior of Texas and Louisiana.
- With this battle, the Confederates started and ended the Civil War victoriously.
5 True/False questions
Francis Lubbock → This former Texas Governor has a city named in his honor
John Reagan → He was a Texas representative in the U.S. House of Representatives before and after the Civil War
Battle of Sabine Pass II → The heroic actions of the 44 defenders of Fort Griffin caused Union actions in the area to cease for month.
Thomas Green → He became known as the "Old Roman" who had sacrificed his political future for the good of the state of Texas
John Magruder → This U.S. Military Academy graduate's greatest feat was the recapture of Galveston from Union forces.