5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Battle of Sabine Pass I
- Battle of Sabine Pass II
- John Bell Hood
- Battle of Galveston II
- John Magruder
- a During this Battle of Galveston there were 600 Confederate casualties.
- b After graduating from the U.S. Military Academy he was transferred to the 2nd Calvary in Texas
- c The heroic actions of the 44 defenders of Fort Griffin caused Union actions in the area to cease for month.
- d This U.S. Military Academy graduate's greatest feat was the recapture of Galveston from Union forces.
- e This battle resulted in a Union victory that enabled Union forces to make incursions into the interior of Texas and Louisiana.
5 Multiple choice questions
- With this battle, the Confederates started and ended the Civil War victoriously.
- He helped Zachary Taylor capture Mexico City
- He was a Texas representative in the U.S. House of Representatives before and after the Civil War
- This was the last battle of the Civil War and occurred after General Lee's surrender.
- Passed in 1862, it gave 160 acres of public land to any settler who would farm the land for five years.
5 True/False questions
John Reagan → He became known as the "Old Roman" who had sacrificed his political future for the good of the state of Texas
Thomas Green → He operated the only cannons in Sam Houston's Army during the Texas Revolution
Battle of Galveston II → The Confederate forces captured 3 of the Union boats.
Francis Lubbock → He was Treasurer of the state of Texas after Reconstruction
Battle of Palmito Ranch → This battle was a multicultural affair because it involved Native-American, African-American, Hispanic-American and Anglo-Americans.