5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- John Reagan
- John Bell Hood
- Thomas Green
- Battle of Galveston II
- Battle of Palmito Ranch
- a With this battle, the Confederates started and ended the Civil War victoriously.
- b After graduating from the U.S. Military Academy he was transferred to the 2nd Calvary in Texas
- c He helped Zachary Taylor capture Mexico City
- d He became known as the "Old Roman" who had sacrificed his political future for the good of the state of Texas
- e During this Battle of Galveston there were 600 Confederate casualties.
5 Multiple choice questions
- This battle was a multicultural affair because it involved Native-American, African-American, Hispanic-American and Anglo-Americans.
- He was Treasurer of the state of Texas after Reconstruction
- He had his Texas Brigade named after him
- He was a Texas representative in the U.S. House of Representatives before and after the Civil War
- This battle resulted in a Union victory that enabled Union forces to make incursions into the interior of Texas and Louisiana.
5 True/False questions
Battle of Sabine Pass II → The Confederate gunners were able force back the Union flotilla sent to land at Fort Griffin and destroy it.
Battle of Sabine Pass I → The heroic actions of the 44 defenders of Fort Griffin caused Union actions in the area to cease for month.
Homestead Act → He became known as the "Old Roman" who had sacrificed his political future for the good of the state of Texas
Battle of Palmito Ranch → A four day truce/cease fire was agreed on after a brief exchange of fire between Union ships and Confederate Forts
Thomas Green → This U.S. Military Academy graduate's greatest feat was the recapture of Galveston from Union forces.