5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Thomas Green
- Battle of Sabine Pass II
- Battle of Sabine Pass I
- Battle of Palmito Ranch
- John Reagan
- a He was a Texas representative in the U.S. House of Representatives before and after the Civil War
- b This battle resulted in a Union victory that enabled Union forces to make incursions into the interior of Texas and Louisiana.
- c The Confederate gunners were able force back the Union flotilla sent to land at Fort Griffin and destroy it.
- d This battle was a multicultural affair because it involved Native-American, African-American, Hispanic-American and Anglo-Americans.
- e He helped Zachary Taylor capture Mexico City
5 Multiple choice questions
- This was the last battle of the Civil War and occurred after General Lee's surrender.
- The Confederate forces captured 3 of the Union boats.
- The heroic actions of the 44 defenders of Fort Griffin caused Union actions in the area to cease for month.
- This U.S. Military Academy graduate's greatest feat was the recapture of Galveston from Union forces.
- Passed in 1862, it gave 160 acres of public land to any settler who would farm the land for five years.
5 True/False questions
John Bell Hood → He was a Texas representative in the U.S. House of Representatives before and after the Civil War
Thomas Green → Ironically, he was killed in Civil War battle by cannon fire.
Francis Lubbock → After graduating from the U.S. Military Academy he was transferred to the 2nd Calvary in Texas
Battle of Palmito Ranch → Galveston was first captured by Union forces in 1862 when the Confederate forces withdrew from the island during a 4 four day truce.
John Reagan → He became known as the "Old Roman" who had sacrificed his political future for the good of the state of Texas