5 Written questions
3 Matching questions
- Battle of Sabine Pass I
- Francis Lubbock
- Battle of Galveston I
- a This former Texas Governor has a city named in his honor
- b Union gunboats won this battle on the Sabine River through superior range and accuracy of their cannon and mortars.
- c Galveston was first captured by Union forces in 1862 when the Confederate forces withdrew from the island during a 4 four day truce.
5 Multiple choice questions
- The Confederate forces captured 3 of the Union boats.
- This battle was a multicultural affair because it involved Native-American, African-American, Hispanic-American and Anglo-Americans.
- During this Battle of Galveston there were 600 Confederate casualties.
- This U.S. Military Academy graduate's greatest feat was the recapture of Galveston from Union forces.
- The Confederate gunners were able force back the Union flotilla sent to land at Fort Griffin and destroy it.
5 True/False questions
John Bell Hood → After graduating from the U.S. Military Academy he was transferred to the 2nd Calvary in Texas
John Bell Hood → He had his Texas Brigade named after him
Francis Lubbock → After graduating from the U.S. Military Academy he was transferred to the 2nd Calvary in Texas
Thomas Green → Ironically, he was killed in Civil War battle by cannon fire.
Thomas Green → He became known as the "Old Roman" who had sacrificed his political future for the good of the state of Texas