5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Poisoning the Well
- Major Premise
- a the use of slang in speech
- b use of outdated words
- c All girls are pretty.
- d Discredits something before hand ex: This OP sucks but here we go.
- e rep. of vowel sounds in successive words containing same consonants
5 Multiple choice questions
- the final opposition to an assertion ex:some people might argue, however..
- shows opposing views to prove a point
- Attcking the person instead of the argument ex:You claim that the man is innocent, but you can not be trusted because you are a criminal as well.
- an unanswered question because the answer is obvious
- comparison of two words using like or as
5 True/False questions
denotation → non literal, implied meaning of a word
ex: he's going to kill you
euphemism → less offensive word choice
Non Sequitur → Something that doesn't follow ex: Jake lives in a large building, therefore his apartment must be large.
anaphora → an implied comparison of two words
climax → arranging in increasing importance