5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- a that which proves or disproves something
- b arranging in increasing importance
- c words describing a sound
- d the opinion of the writer and the stance he or she takes
- e the art of writing effectively, eloquently, and persuasively
5 Multiple choice questions
- A conclusion without evidence, usually tied to emotions ex: A little kid stole my wallet, therefore all little kids are thieves.
- All girls are pretty.
- comparison of two words using like or as
- an implied comparison of two words
- similar grammatical structure
5 True/False questions
pun → play on words
assonance → that which proves or disproves something
anaphora → repetition of a word at the beginning of clauses.
ex: the sun is hot, the sun is big, the sun is yellow
allusion → Therefore Becky is pretty.
denotation → strict, literal meaning of a word
ex: "i'm going to kill you" says the murderer