5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- a repetition of a word at the beginning of clauses.
ex: the sun is hot, the sun is big, the sun is yellow
- b similar grammatical structure
- c juxtaposition of opposing ideas
ex: today was the best worst day of my life
- d you describe something by saying what is isn't
- e comparison of two words using like or as
5 Multiple choice questions
- an implied comparison of two words
- play on words
- Discredits something before hand ex: This OP sucks but here we go.
- doubtfulness about the meaning of a word
- that which proves or disproves something
5 True/False questions
Slippery Slope → If you don't get direct TV then you will be bored. If you are bored then you will hang out with undesirables. If you hang out with undesirables then you will have a kid with a dog collar, don't have a kid with a dog collar.
archaism → a self evident statement
diction → the opinion of the writer and the stance he or she takes
paradox → a statement that contradicts itself but is still true
denotation → non literal, implied meaning of a word
ex: he's going to kill you