5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Hasty Generalization
- Slippery Slope
- a A conclusion without evidence, usually tied to emotions ex: A little kid stole my wallet, therefore all little kids are thieves.
- b that which proves or disproves something
- c representation of abstract ideas through characters
- d If you don't get direct TV then you will be bored. If you are bored then you will hang out with undesirables. If you hang out with undesirables then you will have a kid with a dog collar, don't have a kid with a dog collar.
- e repetition at the end of words or clauses
5 Multiple choice questions
- reference to something that is presumably well known
ex: as big as Noah's ark
- Therefore Becky is pretty.
- an unanswered question because the answer is obvious
- comparison of two ideas in order to explain a difficult idea
ex: i washed my car and it is as shiny as colton's cheek
- Something that doesn't follow ex: Jake lives in a large building, therefore his apartment must be large.
5 True/False questions
anaphora → an implied comparison of two words
litotes → full of ordinary language in speaking or writting
paradox → a statement that contradicts itself but is still true
connotation → non literal, implied meaning of a word
ex: he's going to kill you
asyndenton → A popular movement that people join due to peer pressure ex: Buy me a puppy, because everyone else did.