5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Ad Hominem
- Straw Man
- a A new subject is presented in an argument and is being attacked ex: Senator Jones said that we should the attack submarine program. I disagree entirely, I can't understand why he wants to leave us defenseless like that.
- b non literal, implied meaning of a word
ex: he's going to kill you
- c reverse grammatical structure
- d words describing a sound
- e Attcking the person instead of the argument ex:You claim that the man is innocent, but you can not be trusted because you are a criminal as well.
5 Multiple choice questions
- a figure of speech that an absent person or object is being referred to
ex:o death where is your sting?
- a hidden meaning in a clause that makes since
- Discredits something before hand ex: This OP sucks but here we go.
- that which proves or disproves something
- the final opposition to an assertion ex:some people might argue, however..
5 True/False questions
Major Premise → Becky is a girl.
antithesis → repetition at the end of the phrase at the beginning of the next
ex: fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate
Anthimeria → juxtaposition of opposing ideas
ex: today was the best worst day of my life
Hasty Generalization → A conclusion without evidence, usually tied to emotions ex: A little kid stole my wallet, therefore all little kids are thieves.
inductive reasoning → author's word choice