5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- a conjunctions between words
- b A popular movement that people join due to peer pressure ex: Buy me a puppy, because everyone else did.
- c non literal, implied meaning of a word
ex: he's going to kill you
- d rep. of sound in neighboring words
ex: she sell sea shells
- e shows opposing views to prove a point
5 Multiple choice questions
- repetition at the end of the phrase at the beginning of the next
ex: fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate
- use of outdated words
- reverse grammatical structure
- Becky is a girl.
- that which proves or disproves something
5 True/False questions
fallacy → a statement that may appear to be an argument but is wrong
Slippery Slope → If you don't get direct TV then you will be bored. If you are bored then you will hang out with undesirables. If you hang out with undesirables then you will have a kid with a dog collar, don't have a kid with a dog collar.
Zeugma → a self evident statement
ambiguity → representation of abstract ideas through characters
Hasty Generalization → A conclusion without evidence, usually tied to emotions ex: A little kid stole my wallet, therefore all little kids are thieves.