5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- 2,3 DPG
- a A _________ in blood acidity will increase blood pH causing a shift to the left.
- b Due to the lack of a ______ the average RBC lives for approx. 120 days
- c Of the four factors affecting oxygen transport which is the most significant?
- d The _____ are a group of diseaases associated with hereditary and acquired deficiencies in the heme biosynthetic pathway.
- e Types of thalassemia are classified by which ____ chain is affected
5 Multiple choice questions
- Where does heme synthesis occur?
- a compoud of hemoglobin where one or more iron molecules are oxidized from the ferrous state to the ferric state.
- compound formed by the binding of carbon monoxide (CO) to the heme iron.
- What is the product from the degradation of heme?
- A green pigmented compound formed by the addition of a hydrogen sulfide molecule to Hb
5 True/False questions
Increase → As body tempuratures ______, hemoglobin more readily releases O2. This will cause a shift ro the right of the curve.
Urobilinogen → This is excreted in the Feces and gives it the yellow/brown color.
Photoporphyrias → Exposure to light can result in swelling, itchy skin, and fluid accumulation are signs of ________.
Phagocyte → Iron is released from the heme in the ______ and then returned to the plasma
pH → Most common abnormal type of hemoglobin