5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- COHb )Carboxy)
- S-Hb (Sulf)
- Hb A1c
- a compound formed by the binding of carbon monoxide (CO) to the heme iron.
- b A green pigmented compound formed by the addition of a hydrogen sulfide molecule to Hb
- c This type of hemoglobin is an indicator for prolonged glucose concentrations.
- d The accumulation of ________ are toxic to tissues in high concentrations.
- e Exposure to light can result in swelling, itchy skin, and fluid accumulation are signs of ________.
5 Multiple choice questions
- excessive excretion of one or more porphyrins in the urine.
- Approximately 70-85% of carbon dioxide is processed as __________ and expired from the lungs
- A ________ is a cyclic comoound formed by the linkage of 4 tetra pyrrole rings with 8 hydrogen ions.
- A heme protein found in the muscle tissue, it serves as a reserve supply of O2 and requires lower O2 pressure to release oxygen
- Due to the lack of a ______ the average RBC lives for approx. 120 days
5 True/False questions
Hb S → Which type of Hemoglobin is the most common in adults?
Billirubin → What is the product from the degradation of heme?
ferrous → Iron in the _____ state allows O2 to reversibly bind and be transported thoughout the the tissues of the body.
M-Hb (Met) → a compoud of hemoglobin where one or more iron molecules are oxidized from the ferrous state to the ferric state.
Hb A2 → Which type of Hemoglobin is the most common in adults?