5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- a In 1904, Christain Bohr discovered that an increase in blood carbon dioxide lelvels would result in lowering the _____ and require more O2 to be delivered to the cells.
- b The presence of a porphyrin in the plasma or serum.
- c This is excreted in the Feces and gives it the yellow/brown color.
- d Where is Hb hydrolyed by enzymes into both heme and globin?
- e Protoporphyrin IX combines with iron in the ___________.
5 Multiple choice questions
- As body tempuratures ______, hemoglobin more readily releases O2. This will cause a shift ro the right of the curve.
- Aminolevelunic acid (ALA) Synthase is the enzyme that catalyzes the initial step in _________ synthesis.
- Types of thalassemia are classified by which ____ chain is affected
- Which type of Hemoglobin is the most common in adults?
- Which type of hemoglobin contains 2 alpha and 2 delta chains?
5 True/False questions
Photoporphyrias → Exposure to light can result in swelling, itchy skin, and fluid accumulation are signs of ________.
Bone marrow → Iron in the _____ state allows O2 to reversibly bind and be transported thoughout the the tissues of the body.
Pyrrole → Iron in the _____ state allows O2 to reversibly bind and be transported thoughout the the tissues of the body.
Billirubin → __________ oxygen carrying protein found in red blood cells (erythrocytes) it is a tetrameric protein containing four heme groups and four polypeptide protein chains
Decrease → A _________ in blood acidity will increase blood pH causing a shift to the left.