5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- COHb )Carboxy)
- Hb S
- 2,3 DPG
- a compound formed by the binding of carbon monoxide (CO) to the heme iron.
- b Of the four factors affecting oxygen transport which is the most significant?
- c This is excreted in the Feces and gives it the yellow/brown color.
- d As body tempuratures ______, hemoglobin more readily releases O2. This will cause a shift ro the right of the curve.
- e Most common abnormal type of hemoglobin
5 Multiple choice questions
- _____ rings are the cyclic compounds that serve as the building blocks for porphyrins.
- Types of thalassemia are classified by which ____ chain is affected
- A _________ in blood acidity will increase blood pH causing a shift to the left.
- This contains most of the Iron (Fe) in the body.
- This prohibits all steps in porphyrin synthesis.
5 True/False questions
CO2Hb (Amino) → a compoud of hemoglobin where one or more iron molecules are oxidized from the ferrous state to the ferric state.
pH → Which type of Hemoglobin is the most common in adults?
Photoporphyrias → Exposure to light can result in swelling, itchy skin, and fluid accumulation are signs of ________.
M-Hb (Met) → A green pigmented compound formed by the addition of a hydrogen sulfide molecule to Hb
Porphyrins → The _____ are a group of diseaases associated with hereditary and acquired deficiencies in the heme biosynthetic pathway.