5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- a A _________ in blood acidity will increase blood pH causing a shift to the left.
- b Iron is released from the heme in the ______ and then returned to the plasma
- c Groups of inherited anemic diseases that represent the most common genetic disorders in the world
- d The _____ are a group of diseaases associated with hereditary and acquired deficiencies in the heme biosynthetic pathway.
- e Exposure to light can result in swelling, itchy skin, and fluid accumulation are signs of ________.
5 Multiple choice questions
- The average life span of _______ is 120 days
- Of the four factors affecting oxygen transport which is the most significant?
- Iron in the _____ state allows O2 to reversibly bind and be transported thoughout the the tissues of the body.
- compound formed by the binding of carbon monoxide (CO) to the heme iron.
- a compoud of hemoglobin where one or more iron molecules are oxidized from the ferrous state to the ferric state.
5 True/False questions
Nucleus → Iron in the _____ state allows O2 to reversibly bind and be transported thoughout the the tissues of the body.
Porphyrin → The accumulation of ________ are toxic to tissues in high concentrations.
Mitochondria → A heme protein found in the muscle tissue, it serves as a reserve supply of O2 and requires lower O2 pressure to release oxygen
Bone marrow → Where does heme synthesis occur?
pH → This is the major type of Hemoglobin in fetal life. represents 70-90% of total hemoglobin