5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- S-Hb (Sulf)
- Gas molecules
- a A green pigmented compound formed by the addition of a hydrogen sulfide molecule to Hb
- b Groups of inherited anemic diseases that represent the most common genetic disorders in the world
- c One of the critical functions of Hemoglobin involves the transport of ________.
- d In 1904, Christain Bohr discovered that an increase in blood carbon dioxide lelvels would result in lowering the _____ and require more O2 to be delivered to the cells.
- e The accumulation of ________ are toxic to tissues in high concentrations.
5 Multiple choice questions
- Iron in the _____ state allows O2 to reversibly bind and be transported thoughout the the tissues of the body.
- Exposure to light can result in swelling, itchy skin, and fluid accumulation are signs of ________.
- A heme protein found in the muscle tissue, it serves as a reserve supply of O2 and requires lower O2 pressure to release oxygen
- excessive excretion of one or more porphyrins in the urine.
- Aminolevelunic acid (ALA) Synthase is the enzyme that catalyzes the initial step in _________ synthesis.
5 True/False questions
Spleen → This prohibits all steps in porphyrin synthesis.
Protein → Types of thalassemia are classified by which ____ chain is affected
Oxyhemoglobin → __________ oxygen carrying protein found in red blood cells (erythrocytes) it is a tetrameric protein containing four heme groups and four polypeptide protein chains
Bone marrow → Where does heme synthesis occur?
M-Hb (Met) → A green pigmented compound formed by the addition of a hydrogen sulfide molecule to Hb