5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- 2,3 DPG
- Hb A1c
- M-Hb (Met)
- a This type of hemoglobin is an indicator for prolonged glucose concentrations.
- b In 1904, Christain Bohr discovered that an increase in blood carbon dioxide lelvels would result in lowering the _____ and require more O2 to be delivered to the cells.
- c Of the four factors affecting oxygen transport which is the most significant?
- d a compoud of hemoglobin where one or more iron molecules are oxidized from the ferrous state to the ferric state.
- e The average life span of _______ is 120 days
5 Multiple choice questions
- The accumulation of ________ are toxic to tissues in high concentrations.
- What is the product from the degradation of heme?
- excessive excretion of one or more porphyrins in the urine.
- A compound of carbon dioxide and hemoglobin
- Iron is released from the heme in the ______ and then returned to the plasma
5 True/False questions
Hb F → This is the major type of Hemoglobin in fetal life. represents 70-90% of total hemoglobin
Increase → As body tempuratures ______, hemoglobin more readily releases O2. This will cause a shift ro the right of the curve.
Decrease → As body tempuratures ______, hemoglobin more readily releases O2. This will cause a shift ro the right of the curve.
Gas molecules → Due to the lack of a ______ the average RBC lives for approx. 120 days
Bicarbonate → Approximately 70-85% of carbon dioxide is processed as __________ and expired from the lungs