5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Bone marrow
- Gas molecules
- Hb A1c
- a One of the critical functions of Hemoglobin involves the transport of ________.
- b In 1904, Christain Bohr discovered that an increase in blood carbon dioxide lelvels would result in lowering the _____ and require more O2 to be delivered to the cells.
- c Where does heme synthesis occur?
- d _____ rings are the cyclic compounds that serve as the building blocks for porphyrins.
- e This type of hemoglobin is an indicator for prolonged glucose concentrations.
5 Multiple choice questions
- Approximately 70-85% of carbon dioxide is processed as __________ and expired from the lungs
- a compoud of hemoglobin where one or more iron molecules are oxidized from the ferrous state to the ferric state.
- This is excreted in the Feces and gives it the yellow/brown color.
- A green pigmented compound formed by the addition of a hydrogen sulfide molecule to Hb
- excessive excretion of one or more porphyrins in the urine.
5 True/False questions
ferrous → Iron in the _____ state allows O2 to reversibly bind and be transported thoughout the the tissues of the body.
Increase → As body tempuratures ______, hemoglobin more readily releases O2. This will cause a shift ro the right of the curve.
Hb A2 → Which type of Hemoglobin is the most common in adults?
Nucleus → Due to the lack of a ______ the average RBC lives for approx. 120 days
COHb )Carboxy) → compound formed by the binding of carbon monoxide (CO) to the heme iron.