5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- 2,3 Diphosphoglycerate (2,3 DPG)
- a The accumulation of ________ are toxic to tissues in high concentrations.
- b In 1904, Christain Bohr discovered that an increase in blood carbon dioxide lelvels would result in lowering the _____ and require more O2 to be delivered to the cells.
- c present in human RBC's at about the same molar ratio as hemoglobin.
- d Exposure to light can result in swelling, itchy skin, and fluid accumulation are signs of ________.
- e _____ rings are the cyclic compounds that serve as the building blocks for porphyrins.
5 Multiple choice questions
- Iron is released from the heme in the ______ and then returned to the plasma
- The adult range of this type of blood is less than 0.4%
- Types of thalassemia are classified by which ____ chain is affected
- A heme protein found in the muscle tissue, it serves as a reserve supply of O2 and requires lower O2 pressure to release oxygen
- Where does heme synthesis occur?
5 True/False questions
CO2Hb (Amino) → A compound of carbon dioxide and hemoglobin
Hb A → The adult range of this type of blood is less than 0.4%
Hb F → This is the major type of Hemoglobin in fetal life. represents 70-90% of total hemoglobin
Hb S → Most common abnormal type of hemoglobin
M-Hb (Met) → a compoud of hemoglobin where one or more iron molecules are oxidized from the ferrous state to the ferric state.