5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Wall racks, Rounders, Four-way or stars, t shaped stands, I-beams, collection fixtures.
- retail buyer order placement:
- Intrinsic Product attributes
- Promotional Stores
- Target Market
- a Fixtures include?
- b cannot be changed without changing the product itself (color)
- c A group of customers identified thru a process of market segmentation that have similar wants and needs for a ertain product or service.
- d any store that is price directed, specialty department or r mass merch, special buys and frequent sales
- e 1. not every style presented to buyers will be produced
2. must have suffiecent number of orders for the style and the color.
5 Multiple choice questions
- taxes assessed by government on imports
- manufactures cost to produce the goods, includes all costs to produce a garment including labor and material
- the variety of colors available for a style
- not controlled by the marketer, but the primary advantage is that it is free.
- US retail is dominated by large chains
5 True/False questions
Off-price retailers → link between the manufacturer & consumer. True success in the fashion business is achieved at the retail level.
Traditional pattern making → Begin with a basic pattern, sloper or block, on heavywight paper called oaktag, patternmaker adds details
Merchandising → The activities involved in planning and developement of merchandise line for targeted customers to provide them with what they want, when they want it,at prices that they can afford and are willing to pay.
Presentation package → teleconferencing and virtual computer mock-ups, planograms & Photographs
UPC Bar coding → a 12 digit number which identifies manufacturer and merchandise items by stock keeping units (sku) which includes vendor, style, color, and size.