5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Cooperative Advertising
- Fit model
- Electronic Data Interchange (EDI)
- Market weeks
- a Fiber producers, fabric producers and manufacturer that pay for retailers advertisments that feature thier merchandise.
- b companies individual registered mark or name for a product (Lycra)
- c Focuses on communications between companies
- d used to assess fit and style, represents body proportions of target customer
- e primary times during the year when lines are shown to retail buyers.
5 Multiple choice questions
- decision making process for determing how or where textile and apparel products and components will be produced. Helps in competitive advantage.
- purchases merchandise in accordance with the merchandising plan, and sales and profit goals
- Main Strategies in retail
- promoting the image or the general perception of the product/service not the functional attributes, most effective for large companies, merch is of secondary importance.
- clearance stores run by retailers, out of season or slow moving merc
5 True/False questions
UPC Bar coding → a 12 digit number which identifies manufacturer and merchandise items by stock keeping units (sku) which includes vendor, style, color, and size.
Item Advertising → promoting the image or the general perception of the product/service not the functional attributes, most effective for large companies, merch is of secondary importance.
production marker → If the labor is inexpensive, may do more by hand, rather than use expensive equipment.
Multiple-unit stores (chains) → US retail is dominated by large chains
1)putting a stores label on a slightly changed manufacturer developed product line.
2)purchasing goods from manufactures who develop exclusively for retailer- not conventional manufactures brand merch/ well rec labels
3)Selecting goods developed by a resident buying office for non-competing retailers (RBO)
4)developing manufacturing goods under stores label (specification buying) Macys charter club → Private label merchandise includes: