5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Item Advertising
- Standards manual
- a ensure consistency
- b layout plan of pattern pieces
- c low prices, buy large quantities of low priced merchandise, pay low rent, simple decor, small staff, less customer service
- d created to sell merchandise...that is the goal
- e The activities involved in planning and developement of merchandise line for targeted customers to provide them with what they want, when they want it,at prices that they can afford and are willing to pay.
5 Multiple choice questions
- Most appropriate products for private label:
- Fiber producers, fabric producers and manufacturer that pay for retailers advertisments that feature thier merchandise.
- Fixtures include?
- The ability of a line to sell regularly and steadily at full price.
- charge a small membership fee, deep discounts, general merch, warehouse setting.
5 True/False questions
Selective Distribution → Only certain types of stores, based on amount ordered, geographic area, ect.
Human Resources → staff the store with people who are qualified & trained to handle the work that needs to be done.
Trademark → purchases merchandise in accordance with the merchandising plan, and sales and profit goals
Image Advertising → promoting the image or the general perception of the product/service not the functional attributes, most effective for large companies, merch is of secondary importance.
Department Stores → stores with different departments: furniture,accessories, china..ect