5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Department Stores
- 1) publicity (free)
2) Advertising (pay for it)
3) Special events
- Multiple-unit stores (chains)
- a additional samples for sales reps and/or marketing center showrooms, also provides the opportunity for adjustments to avoid future problems
- b Main Strategies in retail
- c stores with different departments: furniture,accessories, china..ect
- d The ability of a line to sell regularly and steadily at full price.
- e US retail is dominated by large chains
5 Multiple choice questions
- creating a garment from start to finish
- low prices, buy large quantities of low priced merchandise, pay low rent, simple decor, small staff, less customer service
- manufactures cost to produce the goods, includes all costs to produce a garment including labor and material
- ensure consistency
- involves the planning writing designing and scheduling of paid announcements. largest part of the retail budget
5 True/False questions
Publicity (PR) → additional samples for sales reps and/or marketing center showrooms, also provides the opportunity for adjustments to avoid future problems
Selective Distribution → Only certain types of stores, based on amount ordered, geographic area, ect.
Wholesale price → staff the store with people who are qualified & trained to handle the work that needs to be done.
Fit model → used to assess fit and style, represents body proportions of target customer
retail buyer order placement: → 1. not every style presented to buyers will be produced
2. must have suffiecent number of orders for the style and the color.