5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- ACE inhibitors
- Sodium Channel Blockers
- SSRis and SNRIs
- a weight gain, sexual dysfunction, excessive doses can cause confusion, anxiety, restlessness, HTN, tremors, sweating, fever
- b PERSISTENT COUGH. hypotension, headache, dizziness
- c depress CNS function, drowsiness, withdrawal syndrome is extremely severe and can be fatal. overdose results in profound respiratory depression, hypotension, and shock. at high doses some can produce anesthesia
- d ALLERGY most common. (s/s allergy: rash, fever, and anaphylaxis) diarrhea, nausea, and vomiting. Anaphylaxis is most serious.
- e have potential to cause new dysrhythmias or worsen existing ones. hypotension, dizziness, fainting, dry mouth, constipation, urinary retention can occur, nausea, vomiting, abdominal pain, and headache.
5 Multiple choice questions
- anticholinergic effects. tachycardia, tendency to cause urinary retention in men with prostate disorders, drowsiness, blurred vision, dry mouth, dry mucous membranes, urinary hesitancy, decreased sweating, orthostatic hypotension, sedation, constipation
- infections common. reduction in urine output, tremor, HTN, elevated hepatic enzyme values.
- nausea, vomiting, and diarrhea most frequent. most serious are DYSRHYTHMIAS and potential HEPATOTOXICITY.
- 1st gen cause significant drowsiness. dry mouth, tachycardia, and mild hypotension
- bradycardia, hypotension, dizziness, fainting, risk for bronchospasm, diminished sex drive and impotence
5 True/False questions
parasympathomimetics → increased salivation, sweating, muscle cramping, abdominal cramping, hypotension (orthostatic), diarrhea, difficulty breathing, blurred vision, muscle weakness
sympathomimetics → increased salivation, sweating, muscle cramping, abdominal cramping, hypotension (orthostatic), diarrhea, difficulty breathing, blurred vision, muscle weakness
organic nitrates → headache most common, dizziness, reflex tachycardia
oral hypoglycemics → rashes and photosensitivity are possible. mild, GI-related effects such as nausea, vomiting, or loss of appetite
mood stabilizers → fatal bone marrow toxicity at high doses. hemorrhage and bruising due to low platelet counts are often observed. Nausea, vomiting, and anorexia are common.