5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- cytotoxic antibiotics
- hormone and hormone antagonists
- CNS stimulants for ADHD
- a major dose-limiting adverse effect is bone marrow suppression. adverse effects are similar to those of the alkylating agents
- b insomnia, nervousness, anorexia, weight loss, irregular heartbeat, high blood pressure, liver toxicity.
- c nausea and vomiting, hot flashes, fluid retention, venous blood clots, and abnormal vaginal bleeding relatively common
- d fatal bone marrow toxicity at high doses. hemorrhage and bruising due to low platelet counts are often observed. Nausea, vomiting, and anorexia are common.
- e respiratory depression, sedation, nausea, vomiting, dysphoria, hallucinations, constipation, dizziness, itching
5 Multiple choice questions
- generally similar to SSRIs and SNRIs. headache, insomnia, nervousness, dry mouth, dizziness, weight loss, sexual dysfunction, chills, confusion, anxiety, restlessness, HTN, termors, sweating, fever, blurred vision, constipation, and muscle incoordination
- bradycardia, hypotension, dizziness, fainting, risk for bronchospasm, diminished sex drive and impotence
- daytime sedation, confusion, amnesia, dizziness, depression, nausea, vomiting, headache, drowsiness, sweating, palpitations, shaking, rebound insomnia when discontinued
- nausea, vomiting, and diarrhea most frequent. most serious are DYSRHYTHMIAS and potential HEPATOTOXICITY.
- bradycardia, possibly hypotension, can worsen dyrshythmias. most serious is a pneumonia-like syndrome. blurred vision, rashes, photosensitivity, nausea, vomiting, anorexia, fatigue, dizziness
5 True/False questions
bile acid resins → few serious adverse effects. Rashes and Gi complaints are the most common. increased risk of gallstones
organic nitrates → headache most common, dizziness, reflex tachycardia
antiplatelets → BLEEDING.
anticholinergics → tachycardia, tendency to cause urinary retention in men with prostate disorders, drowsiness, blurred vision, dry mouth, dry mucous membranes, urinary hesitancy, decreased sweating, (SOB, cough, dysphagia, syncope, fever, anxiety, RUQ pain, extreme lethargy, dizziness signs of anticholinergic crisis)
aminoglycosides → ototoxicity is possible and may become permanent with continued use. Ringing in the ears, dizziness, and persistent headaches are early signs. monitor for nephrotoxicity