5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Cycloid (Challenge)
- Transfigure (Challenge)
- a adj. Possessing information about many subjects or intensively about one subject
- b v. 1. To change in outward form or appearance; transform 2. To change so as to glorify or exalt
- c <G. "wheel," "circle"
- d adj. 1. Resembling a circle; circular 2. Smooth-edged, more or less circular in form, and having concentric striations 3. (of a fish) Having such scales 4. Psychiatry, of or noting a personality type characterized by wide fluctuation in mood within the normal range n. 5. A cycloid fish 6. Geometry, a curve generated by a point on the circumference of a circle that rolls, without slipping, on a straight line
- e adj. Roundabout; indirect
5 Multiple choice questions
- adv. prep. About; (used especially in) approximate dates
- <L. "form," "shape"
- adj. Cautious and watchful; prudent
- adj. Occurring or moving in cycles
- n. An accelerator in which particles are propelled in spiral paths by the use of a constant magnetic field
5 True/False questions
CIRCUM → <L. "circle," "anything round"
Configuration → adj. Using figures of speech; symbolic, not literal
Circumlocution (Challenge) → adj. Rotating about or surrounding the moon
Figurative → <L. "form," "shape"
Circlet (Challenge) → n. 1. Circle; ring 2. A bowl-shaped, steep-walled mountain basin carved by glaciation, often containing a small, round lake