5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Circumsolar (Challenge)
- Cyclamen (Challenge)
- Cyclotron (Challenge)
- a adj. Occurring or moving in cycles
- b adj. Traveling, etc., around the sun
- c <G. "wheel," "circle"
- d n. Any low-growing plant of the genus Cyclamen, belonging to the primrose family, having tuberous rootstocks and nodding white, purple, pink, or crimson flowers with reflexed petals
- e n. An accelerator in which particles are propelled in spiral paths by the use of a constant magnetic field
5 Multiple choice questions
- n. A shape or outline; a method of arrangement
- n. 1. A roundabout or indirect way of speaking; the use of more words than necessary to express an idea 2. A roundabout expression
- <L. "around"
- n. 1. Roman Catholic Church, a letter addressed by the pope to all the bishops of the church adj. 2. (of a letter) Intended for wide or general circulation; general
- n. 1. Path of one body as it revolves around another body 2. A sphere of influence; a range of action or experience
5 True/False questions
Circuitous → adj. Roundabout; indirect
ORBITA → <L. "wheel"
Orb → n. 1. Path of one body as it revolves around another body 2. A sphere of influence; a range of action or experience
Circumference → n. The outer boundary of a circle; the perimeter
Orbicular (Challenge) → adj. Like an orb; circular; ring-like; spherical; rounded