Create an account
• The portion of the brain overseeing the postural muscles of the body and making rapid adjustments to maintain balance and equilibrium are functions of the
• Each of the following effects is associated with the action of postganglionic sympathetic fibers, except
decreased heart rate
• The levels of hormones in the blood and tissues is controlled by a series of negative feedback loops. This produces a condition known as
• Major centers concerned with autonomic control of breathing, blood pressure, heart rate, and digestive activities are located in the
• Sympathetic and parasympathetic fibers bound for the heart and the lungs pass through the
• Which of the following is true of proprioceptors? They:
function in realation to movement and position
Normal control of the diamter of the respiratory passage depends on
both sympathetic and parasympathetic levels of stimulation
• Parasympathetic activities include all of the following, except the
dilatation of the rispiratory passageway
• Neurons of the sympathetic branch of the autonomic nervous system release the neurotransmitter _____ at their effectors.
• The division of the autonomic nervous system that maintains homeostasis during resting conditions is the _____ division.
• The major categories of hormones are
amino acid derivatives, peptide hormones, and lipid derivatives
Please allow access to your computer’s microphone to use Voice Recording.
Having trouble? Click here for help.
We can’t access your microphone!
Click the icon above to update your browser permissions and try again
Reload the page to try again!Reload
Press Cmd-0 to reset your zoom
Press Ctrl-0 to reset your zoom
It looks like your browser might be zoomed in or out. Your browser needs to be zoomed to a normal size to record audio.
Please upgrade Flash or install Chrome
to use Voice Recording.
For more help, see our troubleshooting page.
Your microphone is muted
For help fixing this issue, see this FAQ.
Star this term
You can study starred terms together