Create an account
• Regarding fetal circulation, the small vessel connecting the pulmonary artery with the descending thoracic aorta is called the:
• The vessel that receives blood from the head, neck, chest, shoulders, and arms is the
superior vena cava
• The thoracic duct drains lymph from all of the following regions, except the
upper lobe of the right lung
• Immunity that results from antibodies that pass the placenta from mother to fetus is called _____ immunity.
• The primary function of the lymphatic system is
the production, maintenance, and distribution of lymphocytes
• Which of the following statements is true concerning the movement of fluid between capillaries and interstitial space?
all of the above
• The amount of antibodies in a person's blood in response to exposure to a pathogen is called:
• The following is a list of the vessels that blood passes through from the heart and back to the heart.
• 1. venules
• 2. arterioles
• 3. capillaries
• 4. large elastic arteries
• 5. medium veins
• 6. large veins
• 7. muscular arteries
• The correct order in which blood passes through these structures from leaving the heart until its return is:
4, 7, 2, 3, 1, 5, 6
• _________ are clusters of lymphatic nodules located beneath the epithelial lining of the small intestine
• The body's nonspecific defenses include which of the following:
All of the above is a part of the body's nonspecific defenses
• Immunity that results from the natural exposure to an antigen in the environment is called _____ immunity.
• The _____ divides the aorta into a superior thoracic aorta and an inferior abdominal aorta.
• The order of blood flow through the vessels is:
arteries, arterioles, capillaries, venules, and veins
• Which of the following is not a characteristic of inflammation?
all of the above are characteristics of inflammation
• The tissue layers of blood vessels from exterior to interior are:
tunica adventitia, tunica media, and tunica intima.
Please allow access to your computer’s microphone to use Voice Recording.
Having trouble? Click here for help.
We can’t access your microphone!
Click the icon above to update your browser permissions and try again
Reload the page to try again!Reload
Press Cmd-0 to reset your zoom
Press Ctrl-0 to reset your zoom
It looks like your browser might be zoomed in or out. Your browser needs to be zoomed to a normal size to record audio.
Please upgrade Flash or install Chrome
to use Voice Recording.
For more help, see our troubleshooting page.
Your microphone is muted
For help fixing this issue, see this FAQ.
Star this term
You can study starred terms together