5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- data mining
- granularity of locks
- concurrency control
- 2 tier
- a -so the low level of granularity would be A field (attribute) A row A page A table The whole database.
- b is good for building departmental applications, such as decision support and groupware, however doesn't scale well
- c approach to data analysis is driven by a hypothesis about some relationship in the data
- d the search for relationships and patterns that exist in large databases but are hidden in the vast amounts of data
- e the process of managing simultaneous operations on the database without having them interfere with one another
5 Multiple choice questions
- a table that is in 2NF for which no non-PK column is transitively dependent on the PK
In other words, the 3NF is violated when a non-PK column is a fact about another non-PK column
- an ______ helps you speed up retrieval. You should ____ a column if you use it frequently and easy access is desired
- -shared and read locks; with a slock in place, other slocks can be put on the same item, but no Xlocks
- ensures that every row has a unique, non-null primary key.
- approach to data analysis sifts through the data in search of frequently occurring patterns and trends
5 True/False questions
grant option → -defines users privaledges
DML → Data Definition language- used to define a database
fat "thick" client → 3-tier moves the application logic to the server, known as a ___-___ or thick-server architecture
Referential Integrity → ensures that every row has a unique, non-null primary key.
DDL → data manipulation language- is used to maintain and query a database