Create an account
What are the Physical Benefits of exercise?
1. helps your health-cardiovascular, strong heart, makes heart more efficient-gives you energy-lowers blood pressure and cholestoral.
2. weight management-less chance of obesity, diabetes etc.
3. increases bone strength-the more exercise, the stronger your bones will stay.
4. increases balance and coordination reduces risk of injury.
What are the psychological benefits of physical activity?
1. Releases endorphines that make you happy
2. Serves as a stress-relief-self confident, focus
3. Lowers stress levels
What are the Social Benefits of exercise?
1. It can exercise with friends, good opportunity
2. Make new friends and teammates
What is Cardio Respiratory Fitness?
When you are working to get your heart rate up 3 to 5 times a week between 22-40 minutes.
How do you measure target heart rate?
1. Find MaxHR : 220-age for boys - age for girls
2. Find RHR for 1 minute
3. subtract RHR from MHR
4. Mult. By. 6 to get # (round) and mult. By .8 to get second # (round)
5. Add RHR to each # from 4 gives you range for target HR.
What is Flexibility?
Lower weight, Lower repetitions. The ability to move a joint through it's entire range of motion.
What are 5 types of physical activity?
What is Isotonic Activity?
Contracting muscles through their full range of motion, pull up- push up.
Please allow access to your computer’s microphone to use Voice Recording.
Having trouble? Click here for help.
We can’t access your microphone!
Click the icon above to update your browser permissions and try again
Reload the page to try again!Reload
Press Cmd-0 to reset your zoom
Press Ctrl-0 to reset your zoom
It looks like your browser might be zoomed in or out. Your browser needs to be zoomed to a normal size to record audio.
Please upgrade Flash or install Chrome
to use Voice Recording.
For more help, see our troubleshooting page.
Your microphone is muted
For help fixing this issue, see this FAQ.
Star this term
You can study starred terms together