What are the Physical Benefits of exercise?
1. helps your health-cardiovascular, strong heart, makes heart more efficient-gives you energy-lowers blood pressure and cholestoral.
2. weight management-less chance of obesity, diabetes etc.
3. increases bone strength-the more exercise, the stronger your bones will stay.
4. increases balance and coordination reduces risk of injury.
What are the psychological benefits of physical activity?
1. Releases endorphines that make you happy
2. Serves as a stress-relief-self confident, focus
3. Lowers stress levels
What are the Social Benefits of exercise?
1. It can exercise with friends, good opportunity
2. Make new friends and teammates
What is Cardio Respiratory Fitness?
When you are working to get your heart rate up 3 to 5 times a week between 22-40 minutes.
How do you measure target heart rate?
1. Find MaxHR : 220-age for boys - age for girls
2. Find RHR for 1 minute
3. subtract RHR from MHR
4. Mult. By. 6 to get # (round) and mult. By .8 to get second # (round)
5. Add RHR to each # from 4 gives you range for target HR.
What is Flexibility?
Lower weight, Lower repetitions. The ability to move a joint through it's entire range of motion.
What are 5 types of physical activity?
What is Isotonic Activity?
Contracting muscles through their full range of motion, pull up- push up.