5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Selective Service Act
- George Patton
- a Germany's military strategy during WWII or lightening war.
- b An effort to block Soviet influence, and to support and ally weaker countries.
- c He was an American General that led the invasion force of France and later Germany.
- d The illegal use of political influence for personal gain.
- e In order to meet the demand for American soldiers, Congress passed this act.
5 Multiple choice questions
- A political scandal that centered on the cover-up of a burglary at the Democratic National Headquarters.
- A novel that brought attention to the terrible working conditions in meat packing plants. This author and novel brought Roosevelt to take investigative action.
- The period from 1929-1941, in which the economy was in severe decline and millions of people were out of work..
- An unprecedented population explosion occurring as soldiers returned from WWII.
- He not only built the first passenger cars for trains, he built a city around the industrial sites where they were made.
5 True/False questions
Scientific Management → Paying a small percentage of a stock's price as a down payment and borrowing the rest.
Interstate Commerce Act → In February 1945, Roosevelt met with Churchill and Stalin at a city on the Black Sea. Here the leaders made important decisions about the future of peace in Europe.
NATO → The defensive military alliance against Soviet aggression.
Boulder Dam → This tax was enacted for using the voting booth. It prohibited many African Americans from voting.
Tojo → Although he was not the emperor of Japan, as military leader and the new Prime Minister, he designed the Japan war plan in the Pacific theater.