5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Southern Christian Leadership Conference
- Convoy System
- Warren Court
- a The Supreme Court under Chief Justice Earl Warren that dealt many important rulings.
- b It was made up of more than 100 ministers and civil rights leaders and its purpose was "to carry on nonviolent crusades against the evils of second-class citizenship."
- c Under this plan, the President would lend or lease arms and other supplies to any country whose defense was vital to the U.S.
- d A system whereby merchant ships would travel with a circling guard of destroyers and cruisers.
- e He founded Standard Oil Co. when he bought out many competitors.
5 Multiple choice questions
- An arrangement to buy now and pay later.
- This test was given to voters in the south prior to voting to ensure that the individual could read, a requirement for voting.
- An effort to block Soviet influence, and to support and ally weaker countries.
- A moral position taken by an individual in which he opposes war on religious grounds and refuses induction into the military.
- A Soviet leader initiated a series of peace talks with the U.S. during the last days of the Soviet Union.
5 True/False questions
Rosa Parks → A defense department - "strategic defense initiative"; this idea outlines putting military satellites in space.
Buying on Margin → The 7,000-page document that, when leaked to the public, revealed the U.S. government had not been honest about its intentions in the Vietnam War.
John F. Kennedy → The 35th President of the U.S. and was in office during the Cuban Missile Crisis.
Progressive Movement → A reform movement of the late 1800s that stressed returning control of the government to the people, restoring economic opportunities, and correcting the injustices of American life.
Scabs → This name identified workers that crossed strikers' picket lines and worked in their place.