5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Buying on Margin
- Battle of the Bulge
- Marshall plan
- a A second site, this city in Japan was also destroyed by an atomic bomb.
- b Germany's last counter offensive. This military drive broke through American lines. Lasting for a month, Germany retreated finally as the battle was carried to Berlin.
- c This plan proposed that the U.S. should give aid to all European countries that needed it.
- d Paying a small percentage of a stock's price as a down payment and borrowing the rest.
- e He was the leader of Italy during WWII. He formed a Nazi party and preferred to be called "el duce."
5 Multiple choice questions
- Moderate, mainstream Americans who quietly supported the President's strategy.
- This court case stated that the Constitution opposed political and economic discrimination of all men, but said nothing about their social segregation.
- This act passed by Congress, gave the federal government the power and authority to regulate railroad activities.
- In order to meet the demand for American soldiers, Congress passed this act.
- This bill passed by Congress provided education and training for veterans. Over half of the returning soldiers attended college and technical schools under this bill.
5 True/False questions
Adolf Hitler → He was the leader of the Nazi party and Germany itself during WWII. His name is associated with all evil.
Blitzkrieg → Germany's military strategy during WWII or lightening war.
Watergate → A political scandal that centered on the cover-up of a burglary at the Democratic National Headquarters.
Perestroika → A Russian term that referred to the reconstructing of the Soviet economic and political elements in Soviet society.
Progressive Movement → A reform movement of the late 1800s that stressed returning control of the government to the people, restoring economic opportunities, and correcting the injustices of American life.