5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Jimmy Carter
- Nuremburg Trials
- Archduke Franz Ferdinand
- Federal Trade Commission
- a A five member watch dog commission established in 1914, it investigated possible violations of regulatory statues and business monopolies.
- b The heir to the Austrian throne murdered in Sarajevo which was the incident that touched off WWI.
- c After the fall of Germany, this event was conducted to expose and convict the leaders of Germany responsible for the war and the crimes committed against allied countries.
- d A former governor of Georgia and a peanut farmer, the democratic candidate won the election of 1976.
- e The systematic murder of 11 million people across Europe, more than half of whom were Jews.
5 Multiple choice questions
- The 7,000-page document that, when leaked to the public, revealed the U.S. government had not been honest about its intentions in the Vietnam War.
- The attorney on the side of Brown in the Brown vs. Board of Education case. An important figure in getting rid of segregation.
- He was one of the greatest union organizers of the IR.
- This was the best kept secret of the war. Likewise, it was the most ambitious scientific enterprise of the war. This program established the atomic weapons that would end the war.
- An attempt in industry to make jobs more efficient, simpler, and easier.
5 True/False questions
Camp David Accord → This atrocity in Vietnam left a village of innocent civilians dead.
Rationing → He was the leader of Italy during WWII. He formed a Nazi party and preferred to be called "el duce."
Students for a Democratic Society → 1906 marks the year of the creation of the US organization responsible for outlawing the sale of contaminated foods and truth in labeling on medicines.
Rockefeller → He became one of America's top pilots and hero shooting down 26 enemy airplanes.
Social Darwinism → This philosophy utilized new biological foundations that suggested the "fittest will rise to the top." Applying this idea to business, many business men could now rationalize their ruthless behavior.