5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Piaget's elements of cognition
- 4 phases of joint reference
- 3 stage sequence in early communication development
- a Complete obstruction of airstream (p, t, k)
- b Organization, adaptation, schema, equilibrium, assimilation, accommodation
- c When infant becomes used to certain stimulus- able to tune out things.
- d Perlocutionary, illocutionary, locutionary
- e Mastering joint attention, intention to communicate, gestures and vocalization, naming/topicalizing
5 Multiple choice questions
- Narrow constriction through which air passes (f, s)
- Birth-8 mos. Crying, cooking, body and face expressions.
- Sensation, perception, motor control and cognition
- Phonetic relationship to an adult word, use consistently, must occur I. Presence of referent.
- Visual and auditory. Using sensory info and previous knowledge to make sense of incoming stimuli.
5 True/False questions
Approximant → Combination of plosive followed by a fricative. (ch, sh)
Nasal → Lateral flow in the airstream (only L)
Vowels are described in what two ways? → Tongue height and front to back positioning
Places of articulation → Bilabial, labiodental, dental, alveolar, post alveolar, palatal, velar.
Sensation → The ability to register sensory information.