5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Vowels are described in what two ways?
- a Tongue height and front to back positioning
- b Produced by the proximity of 2 articulators without turbulence (w)
- c Birth-8 mos. Crying, cooking, body and face expressions.
- d Lateral flow in the airstream (only L)
- e 8-9 mos. Eye contact, consistent sounds, intonation.
5 Multiple choice questions
- First ,meaningful words.
- Narrow constriction through which air passes (f, s)
- When infant becomes used to certain stimulus- able to tune out things.
- Perlocutionary, illocutionary, locutionary
- Muscle movement and the sensory feedback that informs the brain of the extent of that movement.
5 True/False questions
Places of articulation → Bilabial, labiodental, dental, alveolar, post alveolar, palatal, velar.
Adult teaching techniques. → Control, representational, expressive, social, tutorial, procedural.
Affricate → Combination of plosive followed by a fricative. (ch, sh)
Nasal → Produced in the nasal cavity (n, ng, m)
Sensation → The ability to register sensory information.