5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- purpose for austro-prussian war
- egypt, britain, and the suez canal
- red shirts
- manchu/qing dynasty
- a get holstein from austrians
- b egyptian waterway connecting the mediterranean and red seas; built in 1869 by Franco-Egyptian company.
in 1875, britain bought egypts share of the canal
- c organized persecutions and massacres of Jews in Russia in 1880s (anti-semetic attacks)
- d qing dynasty began to decline which led to corruption, unrest, and overpopulation
- e army of volunteer troops led by garibaldi. in 1860 they attacked the island of sicily and won it for the italians
5 Multiple choice questions
- elected assembly.
russian legislative assembly, formed after the revolution of 1905
- ppl think they lost the mandate
- january 22, 1905; the day the czarist troops ried on protestors at the winter palace, igniting the russian revolution of 1905
BASICALLY: priest led peaceful protest to bring petition to czar- gunned down by russian troops
marks beginning of russian revolution
- war with denmark (revolution of 1848)??
5 True/False questions
muslim league → radicals who want full indp
protects rights of india muslim
"white man's burden" → control other cultures and help them advance
opium war → series of wars: austria-hungary gets more land out of it
"dying man" → what ottoman emp was referred to as.
knew the ottoman emp. was gunna fall
problems: too much diversity in ethnicity and religion
eastern question → what happens if ottoman emp falls?