5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- boxer uprising
- treaty of kanagawa
- Alexander III
- "white man's burden"
- a organized persecutions and massacres of Jews in Russia in 1880s (anti-semetic attacks)
- b signed after commodore matt perry
opens up 2 japanese ports, ET to foreigners
- c takes back reforms made by his father
- d control other cultures and help them advance
- e anti-foreigners
5 Multiple choice questions
- a muslim gunpowder empire
- get holstein from austrians
- "the sun never sets on the british empire"
- brought on by several diff. ethnic grps w/in austrian empire
- explored middle of afria, sent to japan twice by US
sent to threaten japan to open ports
5 True/False questions
ems dispatch → telegram written by bismark, which made it seem like the prussian king was bashing the french ppl.
berlin conference → dividing africa amongst european countries
duma → british send opium and ppl get addicted
nationalism in italy/germany → brought on by several diff. ethnic grps w/in austrian empire
meiji → emperor believed best way to maintain indp was to reform and modernize.
means "enlightened one"