5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- purpose for war with denmark
- William II
- 2 indep countries in africa since 1914
- "balkan powder keg"
- otto van bismark
- a all it needs is a spark to explode (and start somethin like wwI)
refers to Balkan Peninsunse & tense situation that existed
- b ethiopia (lucy) & liberia
- c bismark wants shleshwig and holstein back, denmark is in control
- d german statesman, became the leading force behind german unification. main political goal: prussia to gain power over austria.
policy= "blood and iron"
known as "iron chancellor"
- e took over germany afgter Willhelm-led Germany to become the most powerful military force in europe
5 Multiple choice questions
- japan forced korea to open 3 ports
showed japan strongest asian nation
- hungary was able to be independ but they were still controlled by Franz Joseph I and had to contribute to Austria
cause: hungarian nationalism
- ppl think they lost the mandate
- british amunition filled with pig fat- dont eat pigs
rebellion of hindu and muslim soldiers agst the british in india
1st war of independence
5 True/False questions
pogroms → people of cape, black
Nationalism → pride in ones nation
cause of franco-prussian war → ems dispatch
indian national congress → explores middle of africa for the british
giuseppe garibaldi → motives: economic interest, political interest, social darwinism, and missionary
problems: division of land, and monoculture