5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- monoculture/Banana Republic
- berlin conference
- nationalism in austrian/ottoman
- "dying man"
- congress of vienna
- a dividing africa amongst european countries
- b growing only 1 thing
- c what ottoman emp was referred to as.
knew the ottoman emp. was gunna fall
problems: too much diversity in ethnicity and religion
- d it was bad
sparked rebellion and weakened gov
weakened it bc of diversity
caused the fall
- e european leaders gather in austria
resore stability that came from napol defeat & 25 yrs of war
prince klemens von metternion
failed: ignored desire of pol. changes and nationalism
5 Multiple choice questions
- wants to control all of africa
- german statesman, became the leading force behind german unification. main political goal: prussia to gain power over austria.
policy= "blood and iron"
known as "iron chancellor"
- before- dont care
after- desire for land
- ethiopia (lucy) & liberia
- started at top of society
5 True/False questions
austrian emp as multinational → 1. shaka and zulu (rebel agst Brits)
2. by menelik II (keeps italians out)
3. maji maji rebellion (ast. Germany)
russification → spreading russian influence
heart= orthodoxy, autocracy, nationalism
boers/afrikaners/Boer War → Boers refused to grant political rights to foreigners, including the Brits
meiji → emperor believed best way to maintain indp was to reform and modernize.
means "enlightened one"
extraterritorality → emperor restored to full power