5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- empress ci xi
- red shirts
- a german czar basically
- b most imp person in china
- c emperor believed best way to maintain indp was to reform and modernize.
means "enlightened one"
- d "politics of reality"- belief in practical goals instead of theory in political philosophy
(sounds like macchiaveli)
power at any cost?
- e army of volunteer troops led by garibaldi. in 1860 they attacked the island of sicily and won it for the italians
5 Multiple choice questions
- stable and strong, soon to be one of the greatest military forces in europe
- telegram written by bismark, which made it seem like the prussian king was bashing the french ppl.
- japan forced korea to open 3 ports
showed japan strongest asian nation
- ppl think they lost the mandate
- what ottoman emp was referred to as.
knew the ottoman emp. was gunna fall
problems: too much diversity in ethnicity and religion
5 True/False questions
giuseppe garibaldi → process of one people ruling or controlling another
imperialism → motives: glory, god, and gold
2 indep countries in africa since 1914 → before- dont care
after- desire for land
nationalism in india → pride in ones nation
Tsars → alxander II, alexander III, Nicholas II