5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- electrons are passed from glucose to..
- CO2 is absorbed by..
- in one reaction of cycle
- NADH and FADH2 carry electrons to...
- oxygen is being taken up by the barley to perform respiration..
- a ETC
- b electron carrier molecule to an ETC then finally to oxygen
- c oxygen sucks the water drop down
- d electrons on placed on FAD (electron acceptor), reducing it to FADH2
- e KOH
5 Multiple choice questions
- 2 net ATP per glucose
- pyruvate enters mitochondrion, where it loses one CO2 and is converted to the acetyl group (2-carbon)
- electrons and protons combine with oxygen to form water
- in eukaryotic cells, house most of the metabolic equipment for aerobic respiration
- chain of electron acceptors and donors
5 True/False questions
glycolysis → glucose (6 carbons) split into 2 molecules of pyruvate (3 carbon molecules)
proton gradient from ETC powers... → electron carrier molecule to an ETC then finally to oxygen
Measuring rate of respiration → 1)glycolysis (in cytoplasm)
2) citric acid cycle (in mitochondria)
3) ETC and ATP synthase (mitochondria)
acetyl joins 4 carbon --> → to make 6 carbon molecule called citrate
3 stages of respiration → process that transfers the energy in glucose to energy in the bonds of ATP