5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Zaha Hadid
- Native South Americas
- Robert Campin, Merode Altarpiece: Annunciation (c.1425-1428)
- a Quetzalcóatl
A. African B. Oceanic C. Native South Americas D. Islamic E. Indian F. Chinese
- b One of the 1st modern artists to achieve total abstraction in sculpture was
A. Duchamp B. Brancusi C. Kandinsky
- c ________________________ is a modern school of art in which an emotional impact is achieved through agitated brushwork, intense coloration, and violent, hallucinatory imagery.
- d Among the 21st century women architects to become infamous includes:
a. Shirin Neshat.
b. Emily Jacir.
c. Zaha Hadid.
d. Sarah Lucas.
e. Prajakta Palav Aher.
5 Multiple choice questions
A. Neoclassicism B. Romanticism C. Realism D. Impressionism
- Shiva as Lord of the Dance
A. African B. Oceanic C. Native Americas D. Islamic E. Indian F. Chinese G. Japanese
- _________________________ is a French word meaning "rebirth."
- The Blue Rider (Der Blaue Reiter)
A. Fauves B. Expressionism C. Cubism D. Futurism
5 True/False questions
Jacques-Louis David, The Oath of the Horatii (1784) →
Claude Monet, Impression: Sunrise (1872) →
Warhol → An excellent example of Pop Art is Andy ________________'s Green Coca-Cola Bottles.
Post-Modernist → Modernist art emphasizes the accord and autonomous aspect of an artist and a work of art, whereas __________________ art emphasizes the fusion of the work of art and its intricate interconnectedness to its milieu.
Giotto Madonna Enthroned (c. 1310) →