5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Philip Glass
- Sandro Bottecelli
- Abstract Expressionism
- a Spans roughly the years from 1600 to 1750
A. Baroque B. Rococo C. Renaissance
- b __________________________ is characterized by spontaneous execution, large gestural brushstrokes, abstract imagery, and fields of intense color.
A. Spontaneous Combustion
B. Abstract Expressionism
C. Intense Colorism
- c Shirin Neshat's film Passage was commissioned by the world composer ________.
a. Subodh Gupta b. Zaha Hadid c. Emily Jacir d. Philip Glass e. Adi Nes
- d The __________________________ Show brought Modern Art to the American public.
- e During the latter years of the fifteenth century in Italy, a painter who used the model Simonetta Vespucci for his Venus is __________________________.
5 Multiple choice questions
- The Blue Rider (Der Blaue Reiter)
A. Fauves B. Expressionism C. Cubism D. Futurism
- Machu Picchu is located in modern-day _______________.
A. Peru B. Chile C. Mexico D. United States
- _________________________ is a French word meaning "rebirth."
A. African B. Oceanic C. Native Americas D. Islamic E. Indian F. Chinese G. Japanese
5 True/False questions
Melanesia → Oceanic art is divided into three main cultures, Polynesia, Micronesia, and ____________.
A. Easter Island B. The Gilberts C. Melanesia D. Tahiti
Kandinsky → The author of "Concerning the Spiritual in Art" was _________________________.
Post-Impressionism → _________________________ is a late nineteenth-century style of art characterized by the attempt to capture the fleeting effects of light by means of painting in short strokes of pure color.
Cubism → Picasso's Les Demoiselle's d'Avignon is an excellent example of_________________.
Edouard Manet, Luncheon on the Grass (1863) →