5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Stylized Sand
- Consumer Culture
- Constantin Brancusi, Bird in Space (1928)
- Sandro Bottecelli
- a Pop Art can also be coined as the art that embodies
A. The Enlightenment
B. Consumer culture
D. Guerrilla Girls
- b Among the foremost painters of the Italian Baroque was Artemisia _________________, the daughter of a successful Roman artist.
A. Caravaggio B. Gentileschi C. Velázquez
- c Among Native Americans, the Navajos of the Southwest are particularly noted for their fiber artistry and ____________ paintings.
- d During the latter years of the fifteenth century in Italy, a painter who used the model Simonetta Vespucci for his Venus is __________________________.
5 Multiple choice questions
- The author of "Concerning the Spiritual in Art" was _________________________.
- Modern artists wanted to depict the modern world and modern people of their day.
A. True B. False
- One of the main social beliefs of the Renaissance is the ability to separate intellectual inquiry from matters of faith--the ability to be a good Christian and also study the pagan classics.
A. True B. False
- ________________________ is a group of artists that wanted to break up the image into geometric elements, and to have multiple viewpoints with no perspective, in other words to deconstruct objects.
5 True/False questions
Robert Rauschenberg → The Merode Altarpiece
A. Limbourg Brothers B. Robert Campin C. Jan van Eyck
Siddhartha Gautama → Buddhism originated in Northern India, (present-day Nepal) where the historical Buddha, known as Prince ________________ was born.
A. Roger Nelson
B. Siddhartha Gautama
Giotto → The Early Renaissance artist ____________ is considered the "Father of the Early Modern Period" because of his introduction of naturalism into his art.
A. Guido B. Giotto C. Campin
Melanesia → Peter Paul Rubens
A. Spain B. Flanders C. Holland D. France E. Italy
False → What set the ______________________ apart from their nineteenth-century predecessors was their use of harsh, non-descriptive unnatural color, bold liner patterning, and a distorted form of perspective.