5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Gianlorenzo Bernini, David, (1623)
- Mausoleum, Love
- a ________________________ is a modern school of art in which an emotional impact is achieved through agitated brushwork, intense coloration, and violent, hallucinatory imagery.
- b ________________________ is a group of artists that wanted to break up the image into geometric elements, and to have multiple viewpoints with no perspective, in other words to deconstruct objects.
- c The Taj Mahal was built as a ________________, and is considered a monument to "the power of ___________________".
- d The Sage Kuya Invoking the Amida Buddha
5 Multiple choice questions
- Pluralism in the arts is the inclusion of not just a white, male master, rather exploring and embracing women artists, artists of color, non-western art, and folk art.
A. True B. False
- Mark _____________'s Blue, Orange, Red is an example of Color Field Painting.
A. Rothko B. Bacon C. Hamilton D. Rauschenberg E. Johns F. Warhol
- The School of Athens
A. Leonardo B. Michelangelo C. Raphael D. Bramante E. Titian
- Pop Art can also be coined as the art that embodies
A. The Enlightenment
B. Consumer culture
D. Guerrilla Girls
5 True/False questions
Expressionism → van Gogh
A. Impressionism B. Post-Impressionism C. Neither
Enlightenment → The Neoclassical Period is also thought of as the Age of
Takashi Murakami → An artist whose work embraces the concept of hybridity includes:
a. Vik Muniz. b. Takashi Murakami. c. Jeff Koons. d. Hew Locke.
Kara Walker, Insurrection!, 2000 → As an African American woman artist, ______________________ has experienced much of her life in terms of black and white, and produces much of her art in this dichotomous palette, such as her work Insurrection! (Our Tools Were Rudimentary, Yet We Pressed On), which recounts some grisly events taken from the history of slavery in the United States.
Pompeii and Herculaneum → The return to the classical style of the Neoclassical period was based upon the excavations of ___________________ which began in 1748.
A. Pompeii and Herculaneum