5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Claude Monet, Impression: Sunrise (1872)
- El Greco, The Burial of Count Orgaz, 1586
- Arrangement in Black and Grey
- a James McNeill Whistler's portrait painting of his mother is titled _________________________________.
- b Peter Paul Rubens
A. Spain B. Flanders C. Holland D. France E. Italy
- e "Wild Beasts"
A. Fauves B. Expressionism C. Cubism D. Futurism
5 Multiple choice questions
- One of the 1st modern artists to achieve total abstraction in sculpture was
A. Duchamp B. Brancusi C. Kandinsky
- _________________________________ introduced a kind of construction referred to as combine painting in which stuffed animals, bottles, articles of clothing and furniture, and scraps of photographs are attached to the canvas.
- Spans roughly the years from 1600 to 1750
A. Baroque B. Rococo C. Renaissance
5 True/False questions
Counter-Reformation → The Merode Altarpiece
A. Limbourg Brothers B. Robert Campin C. Jan van Eyck
Melanesia → Oceanic art is divided into three main cultures, Polynesia, Micronesia, and ____________.
A. Easter Island B. The Gilberts C. Melanesia D. Tahiti
Pollock → Walked across canvases dripping and splashing paint
A. Gorky B. Hofmann C. Pollock D. De Kooning E. Krasner
Impressionism → Monet
A. Neoclassicism B. Romanticism C. Realism D. Impressionism
Leonardo da Vinci, Madonna of the Rocks (1483) →