5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Post-Fordist production
- Dispersed rural settlement
- Industrial Revolution
- Trading bloc
- Break-of-bulk point
- a A series of imprmements in industrial technology that transformed the process of manufacturing goods
- b Adoption by companies of flexible work rules, such as the allocation of workers to teams that perform a variety of tasks.
- c A location where transfer is possible from one mode of transportation to another.
- d A rural settlement pattern characterized by isolated farms rather than clustered villages.
- e A group of neighboring countries that promote trade with each other and erect barriers to limit trade with other blocs
5 Multiple choice questions
- A permanent collection of buildings and inhabitants.
- Transfer of some types of jobs, especially those requiring low-paid less skilled workers, from more developed to less developed countries.
- Location factors related to the transportation of materials into and from a factory.
- Location factors related to the costs of factors of production inside the plant, such as land, labor, and capital.
- Industries that sell their products primarily to consumers in the community.
5 True/False questions
Retail Services → Services offered by the government to provide security and protection for citizens and businesses
Central Place theory → A theory that explains the distribution of services, based on the fact that settlements serve as centers of market areas for services; larger settlements are fewer and farther apart than smaller settlements and provide services for a larger number of people who are willing to travel farther.
Cottage industry → Manufacturing based in homes rather than in a factory, commonly found before the Industrial Revolution.
Primate city rule → A pattern of settlements in a country, such that the largest settlement has more than twice as many people as the second-ranking settlement.
Fordist production → Adoption by companies of flexible work rules, such as the allocation of workers to teams that perform a variety of tasks.