5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Break-of-bulk point
- Central Place
- Industrial Revolution
- New international division of labor
- a Transfer of some types of jobs, especially those requiring low-paid less skilled workers, from more developed to less developed countries.
- b A market center for the exchange of services by people attracted from the surrounding area.
- c A location where transfer is possible from one mode of transportation to another.
- d A series of imprmements in industrial technology that transformed the process of manufacturing goods
- e A fabric made by weaving, used in making clothing
5 Multiple choice questions
- A permanent collection of buildings and inhabitants.
- An industry in which the final product weighs less or comprises a lower volume than the inputs.
- A model that holds that the potential use of a service at a particular location is directly related to the number of people in a location and inversely related to the distance people must travel to reach the service.
- The process of consolidating small landholdings into a smaller number of larger farms in England during the eighteenth century.
- Location factors related to the costs of factors of production inside the plant, such as land, labor, and capital.
5 True/False questions
Primate city rule → The largest settlement in a country, if it has more than twice as many people as the second-ranking settlement.
Service → An activity that fulfills a human want or need and returns money to those who provide it.
Market area → Factories built by U.S. companies in Mexico near the U.S. border, to take advantage of much cheaper labor costs in Mexico.
Business services → Businesses that provide services primarily to individual consumers, including retail services and personal services.
Bulk-gaining industry → An industry in which the final product weighs less or comprises a lower volume than the inputs.