5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Clustered rural settlement
- Break-of-bulk point
- Bulk-gaining industry
- a An activity that fulfills a human want or need and returns money to those who provide it.
- b A rural settlement in which the houses and farm buildings of each family are situated close to each other and fields surround the settlement.
- c A sovereign state comprising a city and its immediate hinterland..
- d An industry in which the final product weighs more or compromises a greater volume than the inputs
- e A location where transfer is possible from one mode of transportation to another.
5 Multiple choice questions
- A theory that explains the distribution of services, based on the fact that settlements serve as centers of market areas for services; larger settlements are fewer and farther apart than smaller settlements and provide services for a larger number of people who are willing to travel farther.
- Services that primarily meet the needs of other businesses.
- An industry in which the final product weighs less or comprises a lower volume than the inputs.
- Services that diffuse and distribute services.
- A pattern of settlements in a country, such that the nth largest settlement is 1/n the population of the largest settlement.
5 True/False questions
Site factors → Location factors related to the costs of factors of production inside the plant, such as land, labor, and capital.
Consumer Services → Businesses that provide services primarily to individual consumers, including retail services and personal services.
Labor-intensive industry → An industry for which labor costs comprise a high percentage of total expenses.
Industrial Revolution → Form of mass production in which each worker is assigned one specific task to perform repeatedly.
Settlement → A permanent collection of buildings and inhabitants.