5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Post-Fordist production
- Economic base
- Central Business District
- Business services
- Enclosure movement
- a The area of the city where retail and office activities are clustered.
- b The process of consolidating small landholdings into a smaller number of larger farms in England during the eighteenth century.
- c A community's collection of basic industries.
- d Adoption by companies of flexible work rules, such as the allocation of workers to teams that perform a variety of tasks.
- e Services that primarily meet the needs of other businesses.
5 Multiple choice questions
- A pattern of settlements in a country, such that the largest settlement has more than twice as many people as the second-ranking settlement.
- An industry in which the final product weighs more or compromises a greater volume than the inputs
- A group of neighboring countries that promote trade with each other and erect barriers to limit trade with other blocs
- Services that provide goods for sale to consumers.
- A pattern of settlements in a country, such that the nth largest settlement is 1/n the population of the largest settlement.
5 True/False questions
Settlement → An activity that fulfills a human want or need and returns money to those who provide it.
Central Place → A market center for the exchange of services by people attracted from the surrounding area.
Range → An activity that fulfills a human want or need and returns money to those who provide it.
Clustered rural settlement → A rural settlement pattern characterized by isolated farms rather than clustered villages.
Service → A fabric made by weaving, used in making clothing