5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Bulk-reducing industry
- Producer services
- Break-of-bulk point
- Fordist production
- a A location where transfer is possible from one mode of transportation to another.
- b An industry in which the final product weighs less or comprises a lower volume than the inputs.
- c Services that primarily help people conduct business.
- d Form of mass production in which each worker is assigned one specific task to perform repeatedly.
- e A fabric made by weaving, used in making clothing
5 Multiple choice questions
- Transfer of some types of jobs, especially those requiring low-paid less skilled workers, from more developed to less developed countries.
- Location factors related to the costs of factors of production inside the plant, such as land, labor, and capital.
- The area of the city where retail and office activities are clustered.
- Services that provide goods for sale to consumers.
- A sovereign state comprising a city and its immediate hinterland..
5 True/False questions
Gravity model → A group of neighboring countries that promote trade with each other and erect barriers to limit trade with other blocs
Economic base → A community's collection of basic industries.
Basic Industries → Industries that sell their products or services primarily to consumers outside the settlement.
Right-to-work state → A sovereign state comprising a city and its immediate hinterland..
Maquiladora → The area surrounding a central place, from which people are attracted to use the place's goods and services.