Upgrade to remove ads
dairy foods quiz!
Terms in this set (45)
102. one of the following statements is not appropriate in describing the role of a producer`s cooperative.
B. generally, a federal milk marketing order is a satisfactory substitute for the producers cooperative
103. in addition to the producers, which of the following may influence the may influence the price charged an consumers for milk.
C. both A and B
104. improved transportation, procurement, and marketing of dairy products for milk have become broader in scope. these changes impact federal milk marketing order in that.
C. many of today`s marketing problems must be viewed in the regional or national perspective.
105. In most fluid markets ________ performs nearly all steps in the procurement,assembly, management, and routing of raw grade a milk.
106.milk marketing order must be terminated when the security of agriculture determines that its termination is favored by a majority of the dairy farmers who deliver more than ____% of the milk to the market.
107.The price manufacturing plants pay for each shipment of milk is:
B. influenced by the price support program, but not directly.
108. When providing for reserve supplies.
A. Most of the seasonal reserved is needed because of variation in the production.
109. Which statement is not true concerning the price of support program for milk:
C. The price of milk must be the same for the use in different manufactured products.
110 ownership of milk transported fro far to plant in a bulk tank truck charges
C. when it is pumped from the bulk cooler into the truck tank.
111. federal milk marketing orders cover approximately what percent if the milk eligible for fluid use?
112.A major function if the federal milk marketing orders in a provide.
C. A more stable and orderly marketing.
113. of the following , which statement is untrue.
B. The supply of milk from the producer is easily adjusted to fit demand.
114. Which is true concerning reserve supplies of milk.
B. they will be greater during the season of high production.
115. Who is regulated by a federal order.
D. milk handler.
116. A federal marketing order does not provide for :
D. regulating of retail milk prices.
117. milk prices under a federal according to:
C a classified price plan which divides milk received by handlers into classes according to use.
118. under a federal order, price level for milk are determined by:
D. price formulas which changes minimum prices in keeping with marketing conditions.
119. Producers to be fallowed before an order can be issued do not require:
C. Protests by consumer groups.
120.A federal milk marketing order provided.
B.that handlers pay producers not less than minimum class price for milk.
121. which of the following is true statement concerning provision for voting out an order?
B. if the U.S. secretary of agriculture finds that the order does not carry out the declared policy of the agriculture marketing agreement act.
122. farmers under an order generally revived their checks from:
A. milk handlers.
123. Reserve milk supplies are referred to as:
B. milk is not used in class 1, but necessary fro a reliable supply.
124.A federal marketing order does:
D. help correct conditions of price instability and needless fluctuation.
125. The legality of federal orders has been tested by:
B. courts , including the supreme court of the United States.
126.Which of the following does not reflect the change of modern milk marketing?
D Milk is marketed by more producers
127. A federal milk marketing order does control:
D the minimum price of the farmers receives for his milk from handlers.
128. The dyebinding testing based upon binding of certain dyes by amino acids of ilk is used to determine the percent of
129. Three methods which can be used for testing milkfat contents are
B. Badcock, roses-Gottlieb, milk -tester
130. The instrument used to determine if water has been added to milk is a.
a Thermistor Cryoscope
131. Freezing point of milk can be used ___ to
D amount of water added to milk
132 Milk has a buffering capacity that maintains its ph at about
C. 6.5 to 6.7
133. An off-flavor milk which can be caused by high-intensity fluorescent light is called______
134. one of the most objectionable, yet one of the most prevalent off flavor resulting from hydrolysis of fatty acids called_____
135 The primary sugar in milk is______
136. The specific gravity of milk remains relatively.
137. The weight of one gallon of milk_____
C. 8.6 pounds
138. The milk component used to determine the minimum uniform price in federal milk order markets is _______
B milk fat
139. it is believed that the tranquilizing effect of milk is primarily due to its high content of ____
140. _______ is a natural compound now being tested that when injected into dairy cattle has boosted milk production by 10 to 40 percent in trials.
b. Bovine growth hormone.
141. in order to produce milk of lower bacteria count a producer should.
D all of the above.
142. The salts of _____ and _____ constitute what is commonly known as water hardness.
B manganese an calcium
143. Temporary harness of water is due ___ and _____
C. carbonates and Bicarbonates
144. reddish brown stains sometimes occur from using well water, these stains being due to the presence or soluble ____and oxides.
D iron an manganese
145. The most effective and economical means of reducing exposure to infection bacteria appears to be the use of _____
146. ______is the process of treating surfaces with physical or chemical agents, that kill most , but not necessarily all, microorganisms present .
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE...
Diary foods marketing
FFA Dairy Foods CDE
FFA Dairy Foods CDE
Milk Quality Exam