Create an account
1. To what OT figures does Paul refer (and in what chapter) in order to support his assertion that justification is by faith?
Abraham (ch 4)
David (ch 4)
Adam (ch 5)
14. "How can they hear without someone preaching...? And how can they preach unless they are sent?" [=a classic statement of the necessity of missions]
23. A reference to the inability of the "flesh" to submit to God's Law (=a key reference to total depravity)
24. A reference to the believer's duty to "mortify" or "put to death" sin/flesh/the misdeeds of the body
41. "I have become all things to all men so that by all possible means I might save some."-
1 Cor. 9:22
44. "So now faith, hope, and love abide, these three' but the greatest of these is love.
1 Cor. 13:13
45. "For what I received I passed on to you as of first importance: that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures..."
1 Cor. 15:3
52. References to participating in the blood and body of Christ in the Lord's Supper "one body/one loaf" symbolism
1 Cor 10:16-17
54. Paul's most extended discussion of the Lord's Supper, including the words of institution
1 Cor 11:17- 34 broadly, and 11:23-26 more narrowly dealing with the words of institution
57. Paul's most extended discussion of the resurrection the defeat of the sting of death
1 Cor 15:35-58
65. "For no matter how many promises God has made, they are 'Yes' in Christ." [=a key indicator of the Christ-centeredness of Scripture]
2 Cor 1:20
66. Believers "reflect the Lord's glory, [and] are being transformed into his likeness with ever-increasing glory"
2 Cor 3:18
69. "For such men are false apostles, deceitful workmen, masquerading as apostles of Christ. And no wonder, for Satan himself masquerades as an angel of light."
2 Cor. 11:13-14
70. A statement of the need to forgive repentant offenders [=a key instruction related to church discipline]
2 Cor. 2:5-11
71. An extended contrast between the ministry of the old covenant and the ministry of the new covenant
2 Cor. 3
80. In what book and chapter does Paul rejoice that "Christ is preached," whether from false motives or true?
In what book and chapter does Paul appeal to Christians to follow Christ's example of humility?
In what book and chapter does Paul recount his reasons for "confidence in the flesh" before putting his confidence in Christ?
83. In what book and chapter does Paul say, "Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."
86. Locate by book and chapter a hymn to Christ's supremacy as "firstborn" of creation and redemption.
A reference to apostles and prophets as the church's foundation, with Christ as chief cornerstone.
An extended call to Christian unity, including references to each member of the Trinity ("Spirit...Lord...God and Father") and to "one Lord, one faith, one baptism."
An extended text on the duty of husbands and wives to reflect the love between Christ and the church.
Please allow access to your computer’s microphone to use Voice Recording.
Having trouble? Click here for help.
We can’t access your microphone!
Click the icon above to update your browser permissions and try again
Reload the page to try again!Reload
Press Cmd-0 to reset your zoom
Press Ctrl-0 to reset your zoom
It looks like your browser might be zoomed in or out. Your browser needs to be zoomed to a normal size to record audio.
Please upgrade Flash or install Chrome
to use Voice Recording.
For more help, see our troubleshooting page.
Your microphone is muted
For help fixing this issue, see this FAQ.
Star this term
You can study starred terms together