Create an account
7. What are the 4 characteristics chordates?
2. pharyngeal gill
4. hallow nerve cord
5. post-anal tail
19. What are animals characterized by a chitinous exoskeleton, molting, jointed appendages, and a body formed of distinct segments
25. What allows mammals to live & be active in cold climates & perform strenuous activities for long periods of time
31. In the evolution of animals there were three branching points, what was there order?
true tissues, body symmetry, body cavities
51. What animal means double life because they live both their larval stage in water and adult stage on land
54. What characteristic of arthropods that has allowed for their great success
62. What are the invertebrate groups?
sponges, cnidarians, flatworms, roundworm, mollusk, arthropods, and echinoderms
68. What is a row of sensory organs along each side of a fish's body to detect vibrations
69. What is the feature present in reptiles and absent in amphibians that freed reptiles from dependence on water for reproduction?
85. An advantage of a segmented body is
the ability to function even when some of the segments are damaged
Please allow access to your computer’s microphone to use Voice Recording.
Having trouble? Click here for help.
We can’t access your microphone!
Click the icon above to update your browser permissions and try again
Reload the page to try again!Reload
Press Cmd-0 to reset your zoom
Press Ctrl-0 to reset your zoom
It looks like your browser might be zoomed in or out. Your browser needs to be zoomed to a normal size to record audio.
Please upgrade Flash or install Chrome
to use Voice Recording.
For more help, see our troubleshooting page.
Your microphone is muted
For help fixing this issue, see this FAQ.
Star this term
You can study starred terms together