Upgrade to remove ads
Biology Ch. 17 Test Review
1. What is the name given to the process by which a larva develops into an adult
2. What type of animal are leeches & earthworms
3. Do arthropods have an exoskeleton or an endoskeleton
4. What type of animal is a marsupial
5. What are features unique to mammals
hair and mammary gland
6. What type of animal are jellyfish, coral & sea anemone
7. What are the 4 characteristics chordates?
2. pharyngeal gill
4. hallow nerve cord
5. post-anal tail
8. What type of animal is a monotreme
9. How do sponges differ from all other animals
10. What type animal is are squid &mussels
11. What has a medusa stage and a polyp stage
12. What type of animal is a salamander
13. Is an earthworm's digestive tract complete or incomplete?
14. How do monotremes reproduced?
15. What type of animal is a dog
16. What type of symmetry do mammal exhibit
17. What type of animal are lobster, shrimp, crabs
18. What type of animal is a alligator
19. What are animals characterized by a chitinous exoskeleton, molting, jointed appendages, and a body formed of distinct segments
20. What type of animal are sponges
21. What is an example of an eutherian?
dog, cat, human
22. What is a hard skeleton is located within the soft tissue of an animal
23. What is an example of a example of a roundworm
24. What is an example of flatworms
25. What allows mammals to live & be active in cold climates & perform strenuous activities for long periods of time
26. What type of animal are starfish, sea urchins
27. What is an example of a monotreme?
28. What is an example of a marsupial?
29. What is the simplest animal
30. What type of animal are scorpions & spiders
31. In the evolution of animals there were three branching points, what was there order?
true tissues, body symmetry, body cavities
32. What is an animal without backbones?
33. What type of animal is a flatworm?
34. What is the most diverse group of arthropods
35. What type of animal is a toad or frog
36. Give an example of an object that exhibits radial symmetry
37. What is The fully lined cavity between your outer body wall and your digestive tract
38. What is a body cavity not completely lined by mesodermal tissue
39. What is a hallow ball of cells that is an early embryonic stage?
40. What is a type of arthropod with four pairs legs and poisonous fangs?
41. Which animal group is most closely related to chordates
42. What type of symmetry does a jellyfish exhibit
43. What are largest group of mollusks including snails &slugs
44. What include clams, mussels, scallops &oysters
45. What molluscs that include squids and octopus
46. What name is given to the food-trapping cells of sponges
47. What is the sessile stage of a cnidarian?
48. What is the free swimming stage of the cnidarian?
49. What is the flexible tonguelike strip with teeth of a mollusk?
50. What was the first vertebrate
51. What animal means double life because they live both their larval stage in water and adult stage on land
52. What protects a fishes gills
53. There are more species of this than of any other type of animal
54. What characteristic of arthropods that has allowed for their great success
55. The arthropod skeleton is composed of
56. What invertebrate are mostly aquatic
57. Which came first Australopithecus or Homo neanderthalensis
58. What is an animal with a backbone?
59. Molluscs are recognized based on what?
60. What is an example of a mollusc that does not have a shell?
61. What characteristic is unique to echinoderms?
water vascular system
62. What are the invertebrate groups?
sponges, cnidarians, flatworms, roundworm, mollusk, arthropods, and echinoderms
63. What are the vertebrate groups?
mammals, reptiles, amphibians, birds, fish
64. What human evolution like a ladder or a multi-branched bush?
65. What group may have given rise to amphibians?
66. What type of mammal are humans
67. Give an example of a type of Osteichthyans, bony fishes.
68. What is a row of sensory organs along each side of a fish's body to detect vibrations
69. What is the feature present in reptiles and absent in amphibians that freed reptiles from dependence on water for reproduction?
70. What type of animal are Roundworms
71. How have birds bodies evolved (for what purpose)
72. What are the 2 adaptations that reptiles have for dry land
water-proof eggs and amniotic egg
73. What type of reproduction do both reptiles and birds have?
74. What helps bony fish maintain buoyancy
75. What are the mammalian groups that lacks a placenta?
monotremes and marsupials
76. What is the simplest animals with bilateral symmetry
77. What is the egg-laying mammals?
78. What type of animal are butterflies, dragonflies, ants
79. What are pouched mammals
80. What type of animal is a dinosaurs
81. Where did humans originate?
82. Which hominid appears to have been the first to use simple stone tools?
83. What are the 2 unique characteristics of a vertebrate?
backbone and cranium
84. Give an example of a jaw-less fish
agnatha or lamprey
85. An advantage of a segmented body is
the ability to function even when some of the segments are damaged
86. What type of animal has their body temperature determined primarily by the environment
87. Give an example of a type of Chondrichthyans, cartilaginous fishes
88. What was the most radical anatomical change in human evolution?
Upgrade to remove ads