5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- the dragon
- The Monk
- the pardner
- a Who loves to hunt?
- b Who does Beowulf meet at the gate of Hereot?
- c Who does Beowulf fight last?
- d A boasting match, "showing off"
- e Who is the lowest ranked character?
5 Multiple choice questions
- What is a descriptive phrase that takes the place of a word? ex.: death-price
- Who is the wealthy land owner of free birth?
- Who dies in the Knight's Tale?
- Why did the John the carpenter get in the bath tub?
- Who uses astrology to cure people?
5 True/False questions
fabliau → a parody of Courtley Love, the characters are ordinary people, theres repeated motifs and stock characters.
The Friar → Who does Beowulf fight last?
The Sergeant at the law → Who is dedicated to his job and wears multi-colored clothing?
for fame → Why does Beowulf come to Hereot?
The Squire → Whose real name is Hubert?