5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- The Cook
- Oxford Cleric
- The Squire
- the pardner
- a Who boils chicken with marrow bone?
- b Who loves books more than money?
- c Who is the son of the Knight?
- d Who does Beowulf meet at the gate of Hereot?
- e Who is the lowest ranked character?
5 Multiple choice questions
- Who does Beowulf fight last?
- A boasting match, "showing off"
- a husband whose wife had cheated on
- a parody of Courtley Love, the characters are ordinary people, theres repeated motifs and stock characters.
- Who tells the first tale?
5 True/False questions
The Merchant → Who dresses rich, but in debt?
The Sergeant at the law → Who dresses rich, but in debt?
kenning → What is a descriptive phrase that takes the place of a word? ex.: death-price
The Franklin → Who does Beowulf fight last?
The Monk → Who boils chicken with marrow bone?