5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- He tells the good and the bad tales
- The Franklin
- Big Flood
- a What is a descriptive phrase that takes the place of a word? ex.: death-price
- b Who is the wealthy land owner of free birth?
- c How does Chaucer persuade us that he is unbiased as a narrator?
- d Why did the John the carpenter get in the bath tub?
- e Who dies in the Knight's Tale?
5 Multiple choice questions
- a husband whose wife had cheated on
- A boasting match, "showing off"
- Who is the son of the Knight?
- Who tells the first tale?
- Who is the lowest ranked character?
5 True/False questions
Oxford Cleric → Why does Beowulf come to Hereot?
the dragon → Who uses astrology to cure people?
The Cook → Who boils chicken with marrow bone?
fabliau → a parody of Courtley Love, the characters are ordinary people, theres repeated motifs and stock characters.
The Sergeant at the law → Who is dedicated to his job and wears multi-colored clothing?