5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Constant factors
- a splitting a nucleus into 2 smaller ones- a lot of energy is released
- b What stays the same
- c a substance made by mixing other substances together; the process of mixing or being mixed
- d Abbreviation for an element; if t is two letters, the first letter is capitalized and second is not
- e coastal regions where salt water mixes with fresh water from rivers, rainfall, and runoff; includes intermediate, brackish and salt marshes, Some organisms need varying salinities at different times in their life cycles
5 Multiple choice questions
- the number of protons plus neutrons in the nucleus of an atom
- An electron in the outermost shell of an atom
- The roots keep the soil stable. When they are destroyed, the plant dies and the soil erodes away more easily.
- an electron is emitted from the atom. It forms when a neutron splits into a proton and electron.
- Because they are non-native, they have no natural enemies to control their numbers. They create a problem in the marsh because they eat the marsh grasses and dig up the roots. The roots keep the soil stable. When they are destroyed, the plant dies and the soil erodes away more easily.
5 True/False questions
Radioactive decay → • The particles of matter in the air made radioactive from a nuclear explosion. Some of these particles fall in the immediate area and some get blown by upper winds many thousands of miles. Eventually they fall to the earth
Dependent Variable → the outcome factor; the variable that may change in response to manipulations of the independent variable-> resultant of the independent variable
5 natural resources in LA → (1) Oil and natural gas, (2) Fish and shellfish, (3) Salt and sulfur, Fur-bearing animals: (4) & (5) muskrat, mink, raccoon
Compound → A liquid that dissolves some kind of solid
Autonomy → independence or freedom, as of the will or one's actions