5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- ethical concerns
- effects of urbanizaion on wetland ecology
- a Loss of wetlands as areas is filled for subdivisions. Increased nutrients in waterways from lawn fertilizers and herbicides, increased disposal of waste, further loss of wetlands as services (shopping centers, utilities, etc. move to area to provide for increased population
- b • One of the ethical issues was altering their lives to create a bomb that would kill so many people. They were never able to tell anyone anything and all they were doing to creating a top bomb to destroy so many people. Another is they were always exposed to radioactivity which even killed some people at times.
- c A scientific procedure undertaken to make a discovery, test a hypothesis, or demonstrate a known fact
- d splitting a nucleus into 2 smaller ones- a lot of energy is released
- e used to describe substances in which you can see more than one color or type of matter. Heterogeneous substances have more than one phase and a nonuniform composition.
5 Multiple choice questions
- a substance made by mixing other substances together; the process of mixing or being mixed
- A compound made up of the positive ion from the base and the negative ion from the acid
- a site in Nevada designed for the permanent storage of nuclear waste, although none had yet been stored there as of 2002
- # of electrons gained (-) or lost (+) in bonding
- type of wetland; Covered by water year round; Trees :Bald cypress, water tupelo often draped in Spanish moss. Animals: Crawfish, choupique, herons, ibises, egrets)
5 True/False questions
Food Chain → starting from a trophic species that eats no other species in the web and ends at a trophic species that is eaten by no other species in the web
solutions → ...
values → A compound made up of the positive ion from the base and the negative ion from the acid
Neutralization → The process of salt and water from an acid and a base
Isotope → atoms that have the dame number of protons, but different numbers of neutrons