5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Mass number
- Effect of radiation and sickness
- Single replacement
- Effect of levees on wetland system
- a mixture in which small particles of a substance are dispersed throughout a gas or liquid-are heterogeneous mixtures of a solid and a liquid in which the solid does not dissolve. Will settle when left standing undisturbed. Will show the tyndall effect
- b the number of protons plus neutrons in the nucleus of an atom
- c • You can develop cancer -can also have mental health problems-can have grief and anxiety about experiencing a radiation attack, mourning loved ones who haven't survived, dealing with potential fatal illness, and worrying about risk of cancer
- d a compound reacts with an element to form a new
- e Normally, the rivers overflow their banks on a regular basis and leave sediment which rebuilds the land. With levees, this does not happen. The land settles and is not rebuilt.
5 Multiple choice questions
- Donates protons to a base
- are a special type of suspension. This mixture consists of two liquids that do not mix. Since the liquids do not mix, emulsions are heterogeneous. Emulsions will settle into layers when they are left standing undisturbed. Emulsions will show the tyndall effect.
- coastal regions where salt water mixes with fresh water from rivers, rainfall, and runoff; includes intermediate, brackish and salt marshes, Some organisms need varying salinities at different times in their life cycles
- When salt gets in the swamps from salt intrusion it can cause the trees and other animals in the swamps to die because of the levels of salinity in the swamps
- An electron in the outermost shell of an atom
5 True/False questions
Radioactive fallout → the process of an unstable nucleus breaking down by releasing alpha, beta or gamma radiation; as the unstable nucleus decays it becomes more stable.
Experiment → A scientific procedure undertaken to make a discovery, test a hypothesis, or demonstrate a known fact
fusion → are a special type of suspension. This mixture consists of two liquids that do not mix. Since the liquids do not mix, emulsions are heterogeneous. Emulsions will settle into layers when they are left standing undisturbed. Emulsions will show the tyndall effect.
Barrier Island → Narrow Island along a coastline, Protect inland areas from storm damage, Provide nesting and resting for migratory birds
Examples of types of solutions are → Salt and water
Alcohal and water
Copper culfate and water