5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- a A particle with no charge located in the nucleus of an atom
- b are a special type of suspension. This mixture consists of two liquids that do not mix. Since the liquids do not mix, emulsions are heterogeneous. Emulsions will settle into layers when they are left standing undisturbed. Emulsions will show the tyndall effect.
- c Donates protons to a base
- d 4 types; Freshwater- water not salty, Has most diverse plant and animal life, Intermediate- slightly salty mixed with fresh water, Plants can tolerate slightly salty water, Provide nursery for shrimp, crabs, and some fish, Brackish- moderately salty, Saltwater- highest salinity, Very few plants, Redfish, speckled trout, blue crabs, and shrimp must move in and out of the salt marsh during their life cycle in order to survive
- e part of an experiment used to compare the "experimental group" to. It is the "Normal" condition, or it does not contain a form of the independent variable.
5 Multiple choice questions
- • to study living organisms, to diagnose and treat diseases, to sterilize medical instruments and food, to produce energy for heat and electric power, and to monitor various steps in all types of industrial processes.
• Radiation is used and produced in nuclear reactors, which controls fission reactions to produce energy and new substances from the fission products
• used by test personnel who monitor materials and processes by nondestructive methods such as x-rays
- is a visibly distinct portion of matter
- Substance that is dissolved in a solution
- the outcome factor; the variable that may change in response to manipulations of the independent variable-> resultant of the independent variable
- • The particles of matter in the air made radioactive from a nuclear explosion. Some of these particles fall in the immediate area and some get blown by upper winds many thousands of miles. Eventually they fall to the earth
5 True/False questions
Electron → A negatively charged particle that moves around the nucleus
Mixture → a substance made by mixing other substances together; the process of mixing or being mixed
Three mile island → Land areas that tend to be wet or are regularly flooded for at least part of the
Atomic number → # of protons in the nucleus of each atom; defies the element; no two number are the same (20)
synthesis → A liquid that dissolves some kind of solid