5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Francois Rabelais
- a - wrote in French - Gargantua and Pantagruel
- b "The Prince" - essay how government actually worked - the End Justifies the Means
- c use of life-like and realistic art
- d Rebirth - period of great intellectual and artistic activity in Italy
- e - first painter to become rich through his art - "The Assumption of the Virgin"
5 Multiple choice questions
- - writer - characters struggle with questions of morality
- - many talents - Last Supper - Mona Lisa - mirror writing - "Renaissance Man"
- - depth on flat canvas
- - copper engravings and woodcutting - self-portraits - Four horsemen of the Apocalypse
- - hired to beautify Vatican - "The School of Athens" - Madonnas
5 True/False questions
Miguel de Cervantes → - wrote in Spanish - Don Quixote
Petrarch → - first painter to become rich through his art - "The Assumption of the Virgin"
Masaccio and shadow to create depth → - writer - characters struggle with questions of morality
Printing and printing press → - helped spread ideas
Johann Gutenburg → - portraits - Erasmus - Thomas More- King Henry the VIII