5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Young-Helmholtz trichromatic (Three Color) theory
- anterior pituitary
- Figure ground
- a produces and secretes several hormones that regulate many physiological processes including stress, growth, and reproduction
- b The organization of the visual field into objects (the figures) that stand out from their surroundings (the ground)
- c next to thyroid; secretes parathormone; controls level of calcium
- d The theory that the retina contains 3 different color receptors - one most sensitive to red, one most sensitive to green, one to blue - which, when stimulated in combination, can produce the perception of any color.
- e The dimension of color that is determined by the wavelength of light; what we know as the color names blues, green, and so forth.
5 Multiple choice questions
- our tendency to recall best the last and first items in a list
- brain and spinal cord
- retention independent of conscious recollection
- Also called adrenaline, a hormone that stimulates body systems in response to stress.
- The processing of many aspects of a problem simultaneously; the brain's natural mode of information processing for many functions, including vision. Contrasts with the step-by-step (serial) processing of most computers and of conscious problem solving.
5 True/False questions
Audition → the sense or act of hearing
priming → Alleviating stress using emotional, cognitive, or behavioral methods.
amnesia → loss of memory
medulla → lower or hindmost part of the brain
temporal lobe → that part of the cerebral cortex in either hemisphere of the brain lying inside the temples of the head