5 Written questions
4 Matching questions
- Wealth from conquered civilizations
- a ...
- b A king of ancient Egypt, considered a god, as well as a political and military leader
- c A religion with a belief in one god. It originated with Abraham and the Hebrew people. Yahweh was responsible for the world and everything within it. They preserved their early history in the Old Testament.
- d Second part of the Stone Age beginning about 750,00 to 500,000 years BCE and lasting until the end of the last ice age about 8,500 years BCE; the period of the Stone Age associated with the evolution of humans. It predates the Neolithic period.
5 Multiple choice questions
- holy city of Islam
- A form of social organization in which the father rules the family or tribe, descent being traced through the father
- Mahayana Buddhism used politically in the Tang. Adaptable to many different societies and all classes. Spread through Central and East Asia.
- Administrative Sovereignty or paramount authority over another State or territory.
- City, now in ruins (in the modern African country of Zimbabwe), whose many stone structures were built between about 1250 and 1450, when it was a trading center and the capital of a large state.
5 True/False questions
Equal-field system → Tests on Confucian philosophy used by Sui & Tang rulers to recruit government officials; won their posts out of intellect, not socio-economic rank.
Literocracy → Since about the time writing was standardized in all of China in 221 BC, there has been a test for people wishing to get into Chinese public office. This idea that those who are literate should rule is what is known as Literocracy, and was the basis for Chinese government for a long time.
Ban Zhao → A group of writings sacred in Hinduism concerning the relations of humans, God, and the universe.
Sharia → The code of law derived from the Koran and from the teachings and example of Mohammed
Black Death → The most famous of the trading routes established by pastoral nomads connecting the European, Indian, and Chinese; transmitted goods and ideas among civilizations