5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Reputation for cruelty and brutality - psychological warfare
- a Two Buddhist schools of doctrine
- b The period of the Stone Age associated with the ancient Agricultural Revolution. It follows the Paleolithic period.
- c A form of culture characterized by cities, specialized workers, complex institutions, record keeping, and advanced technology
- d ...
- e Previously known as Byzantium, Constantine changed the name of the city and moved the capital of the Roman Empire here from Rome.
5 Multiple choice questions
- Physical process whereby the colonizer takes over another place, putting its own government in charge and either moving its own people into the place or bringing in indentured outsiders to gain control of the people and the land
- Between approximately 4000 and 1500 BCE human societies in certain river valleys transformed from Neolithic farming villages into more complex urban societies.
- The 1,100-mile (1,700-kilometer) waterway linking the Yellow and the Yangzi Rivers. It was begun in the Han period and completed during the Sui Empire.
- Book composed of divine revelations made to the Prophet Muhammad between 610 AD and his death in 632; the sacred text of the religion of Islam.
5 True/False questions
Code of Hammurabi → ...
Jesus of Nazareth → A teacher and prophet born in Bethlehem and active in Nazareth. His followers really took a liking to him; the Romans and Jews?... not so much.
Lascaux Caves → Caves in France that contained evidence of paleolithic peoples (due to drawing of cows and other items)
Trans-Saharan slave trade → Selects for the most fit and against the least fit
Zoroastrianism → Persian religion founded by Zoroaster; taught that humans had the freedom to choose between right and wrong, and that goodness would triumph in the end