5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Secondary products revolution
- Jesus of Nazareth
- Kievan Rus
- Tribute system
- a A system in which defeated peoples were forced to pay a tax in the form of goods and labor. This forced transfer of food, cloth, and other goods subsidized the development of large cities. An important component of the Aztec and Inca economies.
- b Marked change in the exploitation of domestic animals, no longer solely for the primary products of meat and hides but also for secondary products such as milk and cheese
- c The adoption and absorption by foreign people of Chinese language, customs and culture.
- d A teacher and prophet born in Bethlehem and active in Nazareth. His followers really took a liking to him; the Romans and Jews?... not so much.
- e A monarchy established in present day Russia in the 6th and 7th centuries. It was ruled through loosely organized alliances with regional aristocrats from. The Scandinavians coined the term "Russia". It was greatly influenced by Byzantine
5 Multiple choice questions
- Is the term given to the five duties incumbent on every Muslim. These duties are Shahadah (profession of faith), Salat (ritual prayer), Zakat (almsgiving), Sawm (fasting during Ramadan) and Hajj (pilgrimage to Mecca)
- The people of Athens created a democracy, or a government ruled by the people instead of a king. Every adult male born in Athens became a citizen and a member of the assembly. The assembly voted on how the polis was governed.
- This social revolution was also known as the New Stone Age where people changed from hunting and gathering food to domesticating animals and cultivating land as farmers.
- Tests on Confucian philosophy used by Sui & Tang rulers to recruit government officials; won their posts out of intellect, not socio-economic rank.
- Native american people who inhabited the coastal part of California, lived in large villages (up to 500 people per community), permanent settlements, a mainly maritime economy, sophisticated plank canoes, who fished and traded between islands
5 True/False questions
Use of skilled labor from conquered civilizations → Marked change in the exploitation of domestic animals, no longer solely for the primary products of meat and hides but also for secondary products such as milk and cheese
Upanishads → One of the best known women who achieved a position of status in Han China. A Confucian scholar and writer who wrote poems and essays and the history of the Han dynasty.
Wealth from conquered civilizations → ...
Pluralism in politics → Athenian leader noted for advancing democracy in Athens and for ordering the construction of the Parthenon., a woman who moved more freely in life. Was not a native Athenian yet she was very well educated and taught public speaking to many Athenians. Her writhings did not survive, but Plato, said her work helped shape his ideas., the most famous example of how women did move freely in public life. she was not a native Athenian.she was well educated and taught public speaking to many Athenians.
Feudalism → In China, a political philosophy that emphasized the unruliness of human nature and justified state coercion and control. The Qin ruling class invoked it to validate the authoritarian nature of their regime.