5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Robert E. Lee
- Belle Boyd
- Gettysburg Address
- Battle of Antietam
- group of commanders who fought for Confederacy
- a famous spy for the Confederacy
- b bloodiest day of the war-after this battle, Lincoln issued the Emancipation Proclamation
- c Robert E. Lee, Stonewall Jackson, PGT Beauregard
- d This inspiring address at the battlefield in Gettysburg helped war weary Americans focus on their shared ideals. Lincoln's masterpiece
- e much admired commander of the southern forces. Taught people how to lose as well as win with grace.
5 Multiple choice questions
- Kentucky, Maryland, Missouri, Delaware
- last major battle of the war. Intense hand to hand combat. Lee surrendered to Grant there.
- this conflict was actually a 10 month siege which reduced Lee's army
- known for the catastrophe at Marye's Heights. 9,000 union soldiers were killed in a disasterous charge up Marye's Heights at the Battle of Fredericksburg. Also known for his facial hair. His men would not cheer him after Fredericksburg. Also known as Crater Incident at Petersburg
5 True/False questions
Ft. Sumter → Fort in Georgia for which the 54th Massachusetts proved that black soldiers could fight as well as or better than white soldiers
Jefferson Davis and Alexander Stephens → Pres and VP of Confederacy
Battle of the Wilderness → bloodiest day of the war-after this battle, Lincoln issued the Emancipation Proclamation
Benjamin Butler → famous spy for the Confederacy
Monitor vs Merrimac → the first battle of the civil war. Fought in a fort in Charleston Harbor. South won. Only casualty was a horse.