5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Benjamin Butler
- Ambrose Burnside
- Gettysburg Address
- Ulysses S. Grant
- a one of the most brutal prison camps in Civil War. Union prisoner of war camp near Andersonville, GA
- b This inspiring address at the battlefield in Gettysburg helped war weary Americans focus on their shared ideals. Lincoln's masterpiece
- c known for the catastrophe at Marye's Heights. 9,000 union soldiers were killed in a disasterous charge up Marye's Heights at the Battle of Fredericksburg. Also known for his facial hair. His men would not cheer him after Fredericksburg. Also known as Crater Incident at Petersburg
- d Union commander at New Orleans.Known for the chamber pot incident.
- e final commander of Union army. He would not retreat
5 Multiple choice questions
- famous spy for the Confederacy
- commander of the Confederate army at Shiloh. Bled to death under a tree at this battle.
- last major battle of the war. Intense hand to hand combat. Lee surrendered to Grant there.
- Pres and VP of Confederacy
- document written by Abraham Lincoln which freed the slaves in all the southern states except the border states
5 True/False questions
John Wilkes Booth → came up with the idea of controlling the MS river and blockading the south to achieve victory for the north
Robert Gould Shaw → much admired commander of the southern forces. Taught people how to lose as well as win with grace.
Battle of Antietam → Kentucky, Maryland, Missouri, Delaware
Gettysburg → battle which began over shoes. Three day battle in PA. 51,000 men died there. Known for Pickett's charge, Devil's Den, and LIttle Round Top. July 1,2,3 1863
Years of the civil war → 1861-1865