5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Turning point in battle of Civil War
- George McClellan
- Albert Sidney Johnston
- North's main goal
- a Gettysburg
- b commander of the Confederate army at Shiloh. Bled to death under a tree at this battle.
- c preserve the Union
- d Lincoln's first choice for commander of the Union forces, but he would not attack
- e one of the most brutal prison camps in Civil War. Union prisoner of war camp near Andersonville, GA
5 Multiple choice questions
- horrific battle in which 200 men were burned alive
- Sherman did this when he marched to the sea-destroyed everything in his path
- naval commander who captured New Orleans
- date of Lincoln's assasination
- much admired commander of the southern forces. Taught people how to lose as well as win with grace.
5 True/False questions
Pickett's charge → place where Abraham Lincoln was assassinated while watching "Our American Cousin"
Winfield Scott → came up with the idea of controlling the MS river and blockading the south to achieve victory for the north
Battle of Fredericksburg → Confederate victory. Marye's Heights. Northern lights appeared in the sky
battle states → the first battle of the civil war. Fought in a fort in Charleston Harbor. South won. Only casualty was a horse.
Ulysses S. Grant → final commander of Union army. He would not retreat