5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Battle of Fredericksburg
- Ford's theater
- group of commanders who fought for Confederacy
- Ft. Wagner
- Group of commanders who fought for the Union
- a Confederate victory. Marye's Heights. Northern lights appeared in the sky
- b Robert E. Lee, Stonewall Jackson, PGT Beauregard
- c George McClellan, Ulysses S. Grant, William T. Sherman
- d Fort in Georgia for which the 54th Massachusetts proved that black soldiers could fight as well as or better than white soldiers
- e place where Abraham Lincoln was assassinated while watching "Our American Cousin"
5 Multiple choice questions
- day Lincoln surrendered to Grant at Appomattox Courthouse, VA
- document written by Abraham Lincoln which freed the slaves in all the southern states except the border states
- 15,000 Confederates attacked the union line at the Battle of Gettysburg and were destroyed. Led by George Pickett. Crater Incident happened here.
- famous spy for the Confederacy
- the first capital of the Confederacy.
5 True/False questions
Ulysses S. Grant → the "eyes and ears of the Confederate army"
Winfield Scott → came up with the idea of controlling the MS river and blockading the south to achieve victory for the north
Years of the civil war → 1861-1865
First Bull Run → known for the catastrophe at Marye's Heights. 9,000 union soldiers were killed in a disasterous charge up Marye's Heights at the Battle of Fredericksburg. Also known for his facial hair. His men would not cheer him after Fredericksburg. Also known as Crater Incident at Petersburg
Chancellorsville → Lee's finest hour. He won the battle with far less soldiers