5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Monitor vs Merrimac
- Battle of Antietam
- William Tecumseh Sherman
- group of commanders who fought for Confederacy
- a battle which began over shoes. Three day battle in PA. 51,000 men died there. Known for Pickett's charge, Devil's Den, and LIttle Round Top. July 1,2,3 1863
- b union commander for the march to the sea. Believed in waging war on civilians. Total War
- c Robert E. Lee, Stonewall Jackson, PGT Beauregard
- d ships that were covered with iron. Bullets, cannons, etc would bounce off of them. Chnaged forever the way ships were made.
- e bloodiest day of the war-after this battle, Lincoln issued the Emancipation Proclamation
5 Multiple choice questions
- commander of the 54th Massachusetts, first all black regiment
- date of Lincoln's assasination
- George McClellan, Ulysses S. Grant, William T. Sherman
- known for the catastrophe at Marye's Heights. 9,000 union soldiers were killed in a disasterous charge up Marye's Heights at the Battle of Fredericksburg. Also known for his facial hair. His men would not cheer him after Fredericksburg. Also known as Crater Incident at Petersburg
5 True/False questions
Robert E. Lee → commander of the 54th Massachusetts, first all black regiment
total war → Sherman did this when he marched to the sea-destroyed everything in his path
Pickett's charge → place where Abraham Lincoln was assassinated while watching "Our American Cousin"
Ft. Sumter → the first battle of the civil war. Fought in a fort in Charleston Harbor. South won. Only casualty was a horse.
Southern strenths during the war → fighting on own soil, great commanders, used to outdoor living