5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- capital of the union during the civil war
- Pickett's charge
- First Bull Run
- Ft. Sumter
- Benjamin Butler
- a Washington, DC
- b 15,000 Confederates attacked the union line at the Battle of Gettysburg and were destroyed. Led by George Pickett. Crater Incident happened here.
- c Union commander at New Orleans.Known for the chamber pot incident.
- d the first battle of the civil war. Fought in a fort in Charleston Harbor. South won. Only casualty was a horse.
- e the "picnic battle" - civilians came and brought picnics to watch the battle. After this battle, both sides realized it was going to be a long war
5 Multiple choice questions
- Pres and VP of Confederacy
- Lee's finest hour. He won the battle with far less soldiers
- Appomattox Courthouse, VA on April 9, 1865
- fighting on own soil, great commanders, used to outdoor living
- Angel of the battlefield, she started American Red Cross
5 True/False questions
Albert Sidney Johnston → known for the catastrophe at Marye's Heights. 9,000 union soldiers were killed in a disasterous charge up Marye's Heights at the Battle of Fredericksburg. Also known for his facial hair. His men would not cheer him after Fredericksburg. Also known as Crater Incident at Petersburg
Group of commanders who fought for the Union → George McClellan, Ulysses S. Grant, William T. Sherman
Petersburg → battle which began over shoes. Three day battle in PA. 51,000 men died there. Known for Pickett's charge, Devil's Den, and LIttle Round Top. July 1,2,3 1863
Battle of the Wilderness → horrific battle in which 200 men were burned alive
Robert E. Lee → commander of the 54th Massachusetts, first all black regiment