5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Nikki Giovanni
- a a work in which characters, events, and settings symbolize, or represent something else
- b "Poetry"
- c a group of lines
- d has a formal tone that laments the death of someone
- e the repetition of vowel sounds
5 Multiple choice questions
- a writer says something but means another
- a highly musical type of poetry that expresses the emotions of a speaker
- "The Floral Apron"
- a words dictionary meaning without any emotional associations
- the conditions under which a literary work occurs closely related to setting, but focuses more on the environment of the time and place
5 True/False questions
irony → emotional attitude toward the reader or toward the subject implied by a literary work
Robert Frost → a writer's intentional reuse of a sound, word, phrase, or sentence. used to emphasize ideas or to create a musical effect
Li-Young Lee → "Eating Alone"
meter → a regular rhythmic pattern in poetry. determined by the number of beats or stresses in each line
rhyme → the repetition of sounds in words