5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Marilyn Chin
- Nikki Giovanni
- a a work in which characters, events, and settings symbolize, or represent something else
- b the pattern of beats, or stresses, in a line of poetry
- c a poem to honor or praise someone or something
- d "Poetry"
- e "The Floral Apron"
5 Multiple choice questions
- "Dream Variations"
- when something is known by the reader or audience but unknown to the characters
- language that creates pictures by appealing to the senses of sight, sound, touch, taste and smell
- emotional attitude toward the reader or toward the subject implied by a literary work
- a group of lines
5 True/False questions
simile → a comparison of two seemingly unlike things using the word like or as
Gwendolyn Brooks → a writer says something but means another
assonance → the repetition of vowel sounds
irony → emotional attitude toward the reader or toward the subject implied by a literary work
symbol → a comparison of two seemingly unlike things using the word like or as