5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Billy Collins
- Robert Frost
- Gwendolyn Brooks
- Naomi Shihab Nye
- a "Introduction to Poetry"
- b "Making a Fist"
- c a poem that tells a story and is written in four-to-six line stanzas, usually meant to be sung, rhyming
- d "The Bean Eaters"
- e "Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening"
5 Multiple choice questions
- the author's choice of words
- a words dictionary meaning without any emotional associations
- a writer's intentional reuse of a sound, word, phrase, or sentence. used to emphasize ideas or to create a musical effect
- a writer says something but means another
- a comparison in which one thing is spoken or written about as if it were another
5 True/False questions
onomatopoeia → a words dictionary meaning without any emotional associations
lyric poem → a highly musical type of poetry that expresses the emotions of a speaker
Nikki Giovanni → "Poetry"
ode → a poem to honor or praise someone or something
symbol → a comparison of two seemingly unlike things using the word like or as