5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Grades 3-5 Cognitive
- Social Development of Preschool Age Children
- Social Development of Infant/Toddler
- Physical Development of Infant/Toddler
- Cognitive Development of School Age Children
- a Enjoy playing in pairs, begin to build flexible friendship, sharing is more common, dramatic play is important
- b May have a clear, developed sense of themselves as readers, scientists, or mathematicians.
- c Egocentric. Learn to share and the importance of others. Fascinated by adults and caregivers
- d Enjoy hands on activities, begins to think logically/abstractly, like to talk, tell stories and explain. Uses descriptive vocabulary, develops an understanding of classroom rules, structure and purpose.
- e Fine Motor Dev: Reaching/Grasping. Gross Motor Dev: Crawling, standing, walking. Like to manipulate small objects. Enjoy painting, water play, etc but need significant amount of rest and sleep.
5 Multiple choice questions
- May become very attentitive to or express concern about physical differences.
- Begin exhibiting physical differences.
- Develop relatively stable groups of friends.
- Eager to hear language, they explore and learn through sensory and motor experiences. Hearing, touching, and seeing, mainly.
- Enjoy hands on activities that relate to the real world and to their own experiences.
5 True/False questions
Materials/Activities for School Age Children → Reading to, talking to, singing to child. Playing (classical) music, rattles, nesting blocks, peekaboo, unbreakable mirrors
Grades 3-5 Cognitive → Like working in groups and learning from peers.
Physical Development of School Age Children → Expert builders, like construction activities, increased finger control (fine motor skills), use large muscles, balance and movement control improved, use small muscles to gain coordination, increasingly able to engage in self help skills
Grades 3-5 Emotional → Like working in groups and learning from peers.
Grades 3-5 Social → Place high priority on making friends and being liked.