5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Emotional Development of School Age Children
- Grades 3-5 Social
- Cognitive Development of Preschool Age Children
- Grades 3-5 Cognitive
- Materials/Activities for Social Development in Preschool Age Children
- a Place high priority on making friends and being liked.
- b May have a clear, developed sense of themselves as readers, scientists, or mathematicians.
- c Pretend play, dramatic play, dress up, turn taking games, etc.
- d Begin comparing themselves with others, show strong attachment to adults, desire stable/nurturing environment, exhibit growing independence.
- e Can spend extended period of time on activities, experiment with cause/effect, interested in quantity of everything and shapes and colors, vocabulary growth, understands words, interested in reading and writing.
5 Multiple choice questions
- Firm sense of age, sex, race, language and culture, building close friendships, build trust with older adults, express feelings, show empathy for others, becoming more independent, self regulation.
- React strongly to people and events.
- Autonomy: Developing sense of self, learning they are their own person. Respond with more animation/pleasure to primary caregiver, laughs aloud, shows displeasure at loss of toy, separation anxiety.
- Egocentric. Learn to share and the importance of others. Fascinated by adults and caregivers
- Enjoy hands on activities that relate to the real world and to their own experiences.
5 True/False questions
Grades 3-5 Physical → Often opt for same-sex friends.
Social Development of Preschool Age Children → Enjoy playing in pairs, begin to build flexible friendship, sharing is more common, dramatic play is important
Physical Development of Preschool Age Children → Quickly developing gross motor skills, begin exhibiting physical differences, enjoy a lot of unstructured gross motor play (play ground), enjoys rule based games (sports)
Materials/Activities for School Age Children → Reading to, talking to, singing to child. Playing (classical) music, rattles, nesting blocks, peekaboo, unbreakable mirrors
Grades 3-5 Social → React strongly to people and events.