5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Succession Myth
- a A traditional, sacred narrative explaining how the world and man come to be in their present forms
- b is any scientific theory concerning the coming into existence, or origin, of the cosmos or universe, or about how what sentient beings perceive as "reality" came to be.
- c "Salt Sea"
- d Kronos would eat children. Rhea gives Krono's a rock and spares Zues
- e Foam-Born Goddess
5 Multiple choice questions
- Son of Cronos and Rhea, Husband of Hera. Supreme God. Ultimate Progenitor. Lighting, thunder, justice.
- was a Classical Greek philosopher, mathematician, student of Socrates, writer of philosophical dialogues, and offers a Cosmogony and Cosmology of universe and mankind.
- Inclined to teach or lecture others
- 8th Century BC. Historical Figure, Farmer, Boeotia.
2 main works: Theogony, Works and Days
- the last son of Gaia, fathered by Tartarus, and the most deadly monster of Greek mythology. He was known as the "Father of all monsters"
5 True/False questions
Greek Creation Phases → -Zeus summoned Prometheus and Epimetheus and instructed to go to Earth and create men and animals.
Eros → "Love"
Cosmology → is the discipline that deals with the nature of the Universe as a whole. Seek to understand the origin, evolution, structure, and ultimate fate of the Universe at large.
Metomorphoses → a Latin narrative poem in fifteen books by the Roman poet Ovid, describing the history of the world from its creation. Chaos- different from Hesiod's. Unknown God or Kindly Nature ended the strife.
Ages of Man → Golden Age-Perpetual Spring
-Silver Age- Seasons, farming
-Bronze Age- warfare, but not impious
-Iron Age-Greed, Sailing, mining, war, violatiion of proper roles (guest-host)