5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Birth of Athena
- a is any scientific theory concerning the coming into existence, or origin, of the cosmos or universe, or about how what sentient beings perceive as "reality" came to be.
- b Zeus ate Metis ("wisdom") and began to have a very bad headache. Hephaestus (God of Forge) split Zeus's head and out comes Athena fully armored.
- c is the discipline that deals with the nature of the Universe as a whole. Seek to understand the origin, evolution, structure, and ultimate fate of the Universe at large.
- d A traditional, sacred narrative explaining how the world and man come to be in their present forms
- e "Heaven"
5 Multiple choice questions
- "The Underworld"
- 8th Century BC. Historical Figure, Farmer, Boeotia.
2 main works: Theogony, Works and Days
- Son of Cronos and Rhea, Husband of Hera. Supreme God. Ultimate Progenitor. Lighting, thunder, justice.
- Zeus & Siblings vs. Kronos and Titans
Zeus' Side: Themis, Prometheus, Cyclopes, Hecatonchires.
Kronos Side: All the other Titans (Atlas)
- Golden Age-Perpetual Spring
-Silver Age- Seasons, farming
-Bronze Age- warfare, but not impious
-Iron Age-Greed, Sailing, mining, war, violatiion of proper roles (guest-host)
5 True/False questions
Aphrodite → Foam-Born Goddess
Gaia → "Earth"
Metomorphoses → "Love"
Typhon → the last son of Gaia, fathered by Tartarus, and the most deadly monster of Greek mythology. He was known as the "Father of all monsters"
Etiological Myths → the study of causation, or origination