Upgrade to remove ads
Terms in this set (52)
What are the components of the Threat Based Methodology?
- Firing platform posture
- Target type
- Target Posture
- Range to Target
What is the rule of thumb for target prioritization?
Near before far
Frontal before flank
Stationary before moving
What are the re-certification requirements for VCE's?
Completion of the VCEEP written exam and PE
Disregard for announced actions, conditions, and standards is what category of crew penalty?
What is the point value for the Engagement Modifier if the Target Vehicle Posture is Evasive?
The Alibi process is used for the crew to overcome what?
A catastrophic event or an unsafe condition that prevented them from executing the engagement to the conditions listed through no fault of their own.
What crew duty penalty is assessed when the crew fails to raise the TOW launcher in the defense?
AZ-09 Automatic Zero
Tactical break time may be applied how many times during an engagement?
There is no limit
Total Exposure time for an ATGM platform firing a three target engagement will be?
180 seconds (first two targets are simultaneous and last for 120 seconds... the third (delay) pops up at 60 second and remains for 120 seconds.)
What are the two types of obscuration?
Local obscuration and target obscuration
Sector clear time is determined by what?
- VC or gunner announces termination of the engagement.
- All targets have been defeated.
- No targets are inactive.
What are the conditions for a target to be considered active?
- The firing vehicle is in the enfilade or on the offense and the presentation target(s) are locked.
- The firing vehicle engages any target regardless if it is locked in position or not.
- The vehicle commander directs movement or the firing vehicle begins movement to the enfilade position.
- A delay target is presented and locked while any target from the initial presentation remains active (has not been destroyed).
What are the offensive postures as they pertain to the firing vehicle?
Who are the possible firers for the MMG platform (pintle mounted)?
Gunner or Vehicle Commander
What are the recommended ranks for VCE team positions?
Primary Evaluator - Sergeant or above
Timing Controller - Sergeant or above
Optic/Audio Controller - Specialist or above
Radio Telephone Operator - Sergeant or above
Any engagement with any target score less than 70 points, regardless of the overall score is considered?
What is the crew duty penalty for firing or attempting to fire before announcing "On The Way" on an MMG platform?
05-06 Five point penalty
How are 5 point penalties assessed?
At the completion of the day or night firing phase WHERE THEY OCCUR.
What are considered to be mechanical malfunctions?
Stoppage, Misfire, Case Base (Abrams), Breech Up (Abrams), Rammer not home (MGS), Breech (MGS), Gun out of battery (MGS), Auto Loader failure (MGS)
What are the certifications windows for VCE's?
No earlier than T-6 and no later than T-1
Failure to adhere to basic safety/personnel protection precepts refers to which category of penalty?
What is the point value for the engagement modifier if the firing vehicle posture is in the defense?
Who is responsible for leading the AAR for firing crews upon completion of each run (day/night)?
Initial defilade time is profided in the defense for all crews when which conditions are met?
- The crew is properly positioned in the defensive firing position.
- All targets are presented and locked.
- The crew has not engaged any targets currently presented.
Targets will be presented for a maximum of how many seconds in the offense?
(120 seconds for ATGM)
When is delay defilade time authorized for Main Gun and ATGM platforms?
- Prior to the delay presentation's target lock, all targets from the initial presentation are defeated / inactive.
- The vehicle is in the authorized defensive firing position when the delay presentation is locked.
- The vehicle has not engaged any target in the delay presentation.
What are the rules to determine the engagement time?
- Are the targets still active?
- Is the crew authorized tactical break time?
- Is the crew authorized obscuration break time?
When does target exposure time begin?
All targets in the initial presentation are locked or the firing vehicle engages prior to target lock.
List the target postures in order of their threat level.
Frontal, Flank, Moving, Evasive
Who are the possible firers for the ATGM platform?
- Vehicle Commander or Gunner firing the ATGM.
- Vehicle Commander firing the secondary armament.
- Vehicle Commander or Gunner firing the ATGM.
- Vehicle Commander or Gunner firing the secondary armament.
What are the elements of a VCE team?
Primary Evaluator, Timing Controller, Optic/Audio Controller, and RTO
What is the 70 point line?
A point in time where the threat has effectively altered the DIDEA process of the firing vehicle.
Tactical Break time applies to?
Abrams and Bradley platforms only, and only in the defense.
Who is the approval authority for any alibi?
Direct fire crew gunnery evaluation follows a ______ ______ across all maneuver platforms.
What is the key for a unit's success during simulation and live fire crew training?
A quality team of experienced, trained, and certified VCE's
Evaluations of crew gunnery always come from outside the firing platoon element? Where do VCE's come from for qualification purposes?
External to the battalion
______-_______ ______ _______ are only required to pass the VCE recertification requirements, regardless of time between certifications.
Shool-trained Master Gunners
The Master Gunner is required to place the most dangerous target as ______ _ in the initial presentation?
What does "target lock" indicate?
that all targets in the presentation are full presented and locked into position
If crews continue training after a malfunction has occurred without removing themselves from the range what can they not receive?
They cannot receive an alibi for any engagement
Most common errors during live fire evaluation are a direct result of?
The evaluator's lack of attention to detail during the timing procedures.
Obscuration break time, commonly referred to as "target obscuration," may only be provided to crews experiencing either local or target obscuration where:
- The target presentation is locked.
- The firing vehicle is incapable of safely engaging any active target, regardless of weapon, due to the obscuration.
- The main gun is loaded, armed, and prepared to engage a main gun target. The crew of the firing vehicle must announce when a subsequent main gun round is armed (Abrams) or loaded (MGS).
- The crew has announced a response that indicates they cannot safely engage any active target. Typically, the firer announces, "CANNOT IDENTIFY" or "TARGET OBSCURED" or another phrase as part of the crew response duties to inform the vehicle commander.
What is the expectation during training for every live fire engagement once a VC reports to the tower that the crew is REDCON ONE?
The crew has accepted the next 50 to 75 second engagement as final for its first run.
What form is used to evaluate crews?
DA Form 8265 Common Crew Score Sheet
Where is a crews overall score tallied?
DA form 8265-1 Common Crew Roll Up
Where is the crew penalties matrix located?
On the revers side of DA form 8265-1 Common Crew Roll Up
What crew-duty penalty category covers extremely hazardous conduct?
Explain the automatic zero crew duty penalty
Disregard for announced actions, conditions, and standards.
What crew-duty penalty category is failure to perform fundamental leader/crew tasks?
What are the "conditions of the task?"
The conditions of the task consist of vehicle posture, defeating a machine gun target with main gun, defeating a main gun target with a machine gun, and the destruction of any target by an unauthorized firer.
Who permits and validates re-certification for live fire exercises?
The Battalion/Squadron commander. The re-certification process cannot be delegated.
THIS SET IS OFTEN IN FOLDERS WITH...
Crew Gunnery/ Evaluation
CREW EVALUATION(MG COMMON CORE)
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE...
2-159 HGST Ballistics, Ammo Characteristics, Deliv…
OTHER SETS BY THIS CREATOR
Advanced Conduct of Fire
120mm Tank Ammunition
Gun Tube Tech
OTHER QUIZLET SETS
DTBL 9 ORAL CAVITY AND SOFT PALATE
Ch 85 HIV/AIDS
Intro Am Politics- WTP Chapter 12 Vocabulary