5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- a The __________ is the outer layer of the Earth. It is made of igneous, sedimentary and metamorphic rocks.
- b If sedimentary or igneous rock is placed under pressure and heat, it changes into _______________ rock.
- c __________ is an example of metamorphic rock.
- d ______________ is the orbit a planet makes around the sun.
- e The Earth rotates once every _______ hours, the length of a day and night.
5 Multiple choice questions
- The Earth's axis is ________.
- The remains of ancient plants and animals are called ________________.
- The center of the earth is called the _______________.
- _____________ rock is formed by the weathering down of igneous rock.
- __________ is molten or liquid rock. The rock cycle begins with magma beneath the surface of the earth.
5 True/False questions
winter → The Earth's axis is ________.
granite → __________ is an example of igneous rock.
summer → When the North Pole is tilted toward the sun, the Southern Hemisphere experiences _________.
axis → The Earth is believed to be about _________ billion years old.
4.6 → One revolution of the Earth around the sun determines the length of a year, approximately ______ days.