5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- outer core
- a The ___________________ is the layer beneath the mantle. It is made of melted metal.
- b When magma cools it turns into __________ rock.
- c The Earth rotates on its _______.
- d Earthquakes and volcanoes are evidence that the Earth is constantly ___________ from within.
- e ____________ is the spinning motion of a planet.
5 Multiple choice questions
- The remains of ancient plants and animals are called ________________.
- The Earth's periods are separated from one another by what is called ____________ which is either a physical or biological event such as mountain building or the extinction of a species.
- _____________ rock is formed by the weathering down of igneous rock.
- The Earth has _______ layers.
- The center of the earth is called the _______________.
5 True/False questions
hotter → As you go toward the center of the Earth, the ________ the temperature becomes.
mantle → The __________ is the layer beneath the crust. It is made of solid rock.
365 → The Earth rotates once every _______ hours, the length of a day and night.
metamorphic → If sedimentary or igneous rock is placed under pressure and heat, it changes into _______________ rock.
summer → When the South Pole is tilted to the sun, the Southern Hemisphere experiences.