5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- outer core
- a The Earth's axis is ________.
- b The Earth rotates once every _______ hours, the length of a day and night.
- c The Earth's history is divided into eras. Each era is divided into __________.
- d The ___________________ is the layer beneath the mantle. It is made of melted metal.
- e Earthquakes are caused by the __________ of the crustal plates.
5 Multiple choice questions
- The Earth is believed to be about _________ billion years old.
- As you go toward the center of the Earth, the ________ the temperature becomes.
- The Earth rotates on its _______.
- When the South Pole is tilted to the sun, the Southern Hemisphere experiences.
- The Earth's periods are separated from one another by what is called ____________ which is either a physical or biological event such as mountain building or the extinction of a species.
5 True/False questions
365 → The Earth is believed to be about _________ billion years old.
lava → Volcanoes are mountains formed by the accumulation of material forced from the Earth's interior onto its surface. Flowing magma on the surface of a planet is called ______.
moving → Earthquakes and volcanoes are evidence that the Earth is constantly ___________ from within.
mantle → __________ is an example of metamorphic rock.
revolution → ______________ is the orbit a planet makes around the sun.