5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- plate tectonics
- a The Earth's crust is made of plates of rock that "float" on the molten layers. ________________ is the theory that the crustal plates move very slowly on the mantle.
- b ____________ is the spinning motion of a planet.
- c Volcanoes are mountains formed by the accumulation of material forced from the Earth's interior onto its surface. Flowing magma on the surface of a planet is called ______.
- d __________ is molten or liquid rock. The rock cycle begins with magma beneath the surface of the earth.
- e One revolution of the Earth around the sun determines the length of a year, approximately ______ days.
5 Multiple choice questions
- When magma cools it turns into __________ rock.
- The ___________________ is the layer beneath the mantle. It is made of melted metal.
- The __________ is the layer beneath the crust. It is made of solid rock.
- _____________ rock is formed by the weathering down of igneous rock.
- The remains of ancient plants and animals are called ________________.
5 True/False questions
four → The Earth has _______ layers.
periods → The Earth's history is divided into eras. Each era is divided into __________.
shifting → Earthquakes are caused by the __________ of the crustal plates.
moving → Earthquakes and volcanoes are evidence that the Earth is constantly ___________ from within.
revolution → ______________ is the orbit a planet makes around the sun.