5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- continental drift
- inner core
- a The process of moving or floating continents is called ________________.
- b Earthquakes and volcanoes are evidence that the Earth is constantly ___________ from within.
- c ____________ is the spinning motion of a planet.
- d The Earth rotates on its _______.
- e The center of the earth is called the _______________.
5 Multiple choice questions
- When the South Pole is tilted to the sun, the Southern Hemisphere experiences.
- ______________ is the orbit a planet makes around the sun.
- Volcanoes are mountains formed by the accumulation of material forced from the Earth's interior onto its surface. Flowing magma on the surface of a planet is called ______.
- One revolution of the Earth around the sun determines the length of a year, approximately ______ days.
- Earth appears to be the only planet in our solar system that can support ________.
5 True/False questions
fossils → Earthquakes and volcanoes are evidence that the Earth is constantly ___________ from within.
sedimentary → _____________ rock is formed by the weathering down of igneous rock.
outer core → The center of the earth is called the _______________.
plate tectonics → The Earth's crust is made of plates of rock that "float" on the molten layers. ________________ is the theory that the crustal plates move very slowly on the mantle.
four → The Earth rotates once every _______ hours, the length of a day and night.