5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- a The Earth has _______ layers.
- b As you go toward the center of the Earth, the ________ the temperature becomes.
- c When magma cools it turns into __________ rock.
- d When the South Pole is tilted to the sun, the Southern Hemisphere experiences.
- e Earthquakes are caused by the __________ of the crustal plates.
5 Multiple choice questions
- __________ is an example of sedimentary rock.
- The Earth rotates once every _______ hours, the length of a day and night.
- The Earth is believed to be about _________ billion years old.
- The remains of ancient plants and animals are called ________________.
- Volcanoes are mountains formed by the accumulation of material forced from the Earth's interior onto its surface. Flowing magma on the surface of a planet is called ______.
5 True/False questions
Slate → __________ is an example of metamorphic rock.
metamorphic → If sedimentary or igneous rock is placed under pressure and heat, it changes into _______________ rock.
revolution → ____________ is the spinning motion of a planet.
plate tectonics → ____________ is the process by which rock is broken down into sediment by chemical and mechanical reactions, wind and water.
continental drift → _____________ rock is formed by the weathering down of igneous rock.