5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- a __________ is an example of igneous rock.
- b ____________ is the process by which rock is broken down into sediment by chemical and mechanical reactions, wind and water.
- c The __________ is the layer beneath the crust. It is made of solid rock.
- d The remains of ancient plants and animals are called ________________.
- e If sedimentary or igneous rock is placed under pressure and heat, it changes into _______________ rock.
5 Multiple choice questions
- Earthquakes are caused by the __________ of the crustal plates.
- One revolution of the Earth around the sun determines the length of a year, approximately ______ days.
- ____________ is the spinning motion of a planet.
- __________ is an example of metamorphic rock.
- When magma cools it turns into __________ rock.
5 True/False questions
continental drift → The process of moving or floating continents is called ________________.
Magma → Volcanoes are mountains formed by the accumulation of material forced from the Earth's interior onto its surface. Flowing magma on the surface of a planet is called ______.
plate tectonics → __________ is an example of sedimentary rock.
sedimentary → _____________ rock is formed by the weathering down of igneous rock.
revolution → ____________ is the spinning motion of a planet.