5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- a __________ is an example of metamorphic rock.
- b __________ is an example of igneous rock.
- c The __________ is the layer beneath the crust. It is made of solid rock.
- d Volcanoes are mountains formed by the accumulation of material forced from the Earth's interior onto its surface. Flowing magma on the surface of a planet is called ______.
- e The remains of ancient plants and animals are called ________________.
5 Multiple choice questions
- The __________ is the outer layer of the Earth. It is made of igneous, sedimentary and metamorphic rocks.
- Earth appears to be the only planet in our solar system that can support ________.
- The Earth is believed to be about _________ billion years old.
- ______________ is the orbit a planet makes around the sun.
- __________ is molten or liquid rock. The rock cycle begins with magma beneath the surface of the earth.
5 True/False questions
periods → The Earth rotates on its _______.
moving → The Earth rotates on its _______.
continental drift → _____________ rock is formed by the weathering down of igneous rock.
igneous → The Earth's history is divided into eras. Each era is divided into __________.
unconformity → The Earth's periods are separated from one another by what is called ____________ which is either a physical or biological event such as mountain building or the extinction of a species.