5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- plate tectonics
- continental drift
- a The process of moving or floating continents is called ________________.
- b ____________ is the process by which rock is broken down into sediment by chemical and mechanical reactions, wind and water.
- c ____________ is the spinning motion of a planet.
- d Earth appears to be the only planet in our solar system that can support ________.
- e The Earth's crust is made of plates of rock that "float" on the molten layers. ________________ is the theory that the crustal plates move very slowly on the mantle.
5 Multiple choice questions
- __________ is an example of sedimentary rock.
- When the North Pole is tilted toward the sun, the Southern Hemisphere experiences _________.
- __________ is an example of igneous rock.
- __________ is molten or liquid rock. The rock cycle begins with magma beneath the surface of the earth.
- The Earth rotates once every _______ hours, the length of a day and night.
5 True/False questions
365 → The Earth rotates once every _______ hours, the length of a day and night.
summer → __________ is an example of metamorphic rock.
unconformity → The __________ is the outer layer of the Earth. It is made of igneous, sedimentary and metamorphic rocks.
lava → Volcanoes are mountains formed by the accumulation of material forced from the Earth's interior onto its surface. Flowing magma on the surface of a planet is called ______.
axis → The Earth rotates on its _______.