5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- outer core
- a The ___________________ is the layer beneath the mantle. It is made of melted metal.
- b If sedimentary or igneous rock is placed under pressure and heat, it changes into _______________ rock.
- c Earth appears to be the only planet in our solar system that can support ________.
- d As you go toward the center of the Earth, the ________ the temperature becomes.
- e When the South Pole is tilted to the sun, the Southern Hemisphere experiences.
5 Multiple choice questions
- When the North Pole is tilted toward the sun, the Southern Hemisphere experiences _________.
- The Earth's crust is made of plates of rock that "float" on the molten layers. ________________ is the theory that the crustal plates move very slowly on the mantle.
- ____________ is the process by which rock is broken down into sediment by chemical and mechanical reactions, wind and water.
- __________ is an example of igneous rock.
- The Earth has _______ layers.
5 True/False questions
axis → Volcanoes are mountains formed by the accumulation of material forced from the Earth's interior onto its surface. Flowing magma on the surface of a planet is called ______.
tilted → The Earth's axis is ________.
sandstone → __________ is an example of sedimentary rock.
24 → One revolution of the Earth around the sun determines the length of a year, approximately ______ days.
igneous → When magma cools it turns into __________ rock.