5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- inner core
- a The __________ is the outer layer of the Earth. It is made of igneous, sedimentary and metamorphic rocks.
- b The Earth rotates on its _______.
- c The Earth rotates once every _______ hours, the length of a day and night.
- d As you go toward the center of the Earth, the ________ the temperature becomes.
- e The center of the earth is called the _______________.
5 Multiple choice questions
- __________ is molten or liquid rock. The rock cycle begins with magma beneath the surface of the earth.
- The Earth's periods are separated from one another by what is called ____________ which is either a physical or biological event such as mountain building or the extinction of a species.
- The __________ is the layer beneath the crust. It is made of solid rock.
- The ___________________ is the layer beneath the mantle. It is made of melted metal.
- Earthquakes are caused by the __________ of the crustal plates.
5 True/False questions
weathering → When the North Pole is tilted toward the sun, the Southern Hemisphere experiences _________.
tilted → When the North Pole is tilted toward the sun, the Southern Hemisphere experiences _________.
4.6 → One revolution of the Earth around the sun determines the length of a year, approximately ______ days.
rotation → ______________ is the orbit a planet makes around the sun.
sedimentary → _____________ rock is formed by the weathering down of igneous rock.