5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- a The Earth's periods are separated from one another by what is called ____________ which is either a physical or biological event such as mountain building or the extinction of a species.
- b Volcanoes are mountains formed by the accumulation of material forced from the Earth's interior onto its surface. Flowing magma on the surface of a planet is called ______.
- c __________ is an example of sedimentary rock.
- d __________ is molten or liquid rock. The rock cycle begins with magma beneath the surface of the earth.
- e __________ is an example of igneous rock.
5 Multiple choice questions
- __________ is an example of metamorphic rock.
- The __________ is the layer beneath the crust. It is made of solid rock.
- The ___________________ is the layer beneath the mantle. It is made of melted metal.
- ______________ is the orbit a planet makes around the sun.
- One revolution of the Earth around the sun determines the length of a year, approximately ______ days.
5 True/False questions
hotter → As you go toward the center of the Earth, the ________ the temperature becomes.
tilted → When the North Pole is tilted toward the sun, the Southern Hemisphere experiences _________.
summer → __________ is an example of metamorphic rock.
fossils → Earthquakes and volcanoes are evidence that the Earth is constantly ___________ from within.
crust → The __________ is the outer layer of the Earth. It is made of igneous, sedimentary and metamorphic rocks.